What Chiefs fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This would be a great time for Phillips and the D to pull out a magical game. To be honest I'm actually nervous for the first time this season. Our D has struggled with the run, covering TEs and defending the deep pass and they have elite players in those areas. Our offense is going to have to play an absolutely perfect game if the D can't get a stop or two.

I want to see a blowout so these smug fans and the media can choke on their tears.
View attachment 27050
I'm definitely worried about their TE. Hope the defense can play better as a unit and stay disciplined. I really don't think Joyner will turn it around anytime soon. So disappointed in him. it's going to be tuff

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/11...er-scouting-offense-defense-name-recognition/

L.A.’s defense is inflated by name recognition
by Kody Latham

The Kansas City Chiefs will be taking on the Los Angeles Rams this week. Will the two titanic offenses break the scoreboard?

Taking on the Los Angeles Rams on Monday night is no easy task, but one that the Chiefs are equipped to handle. The Rams have won a lot of close games recently, and have lost some players due to injury this season. Knowing this who are some of the key players the Chiefs need to know heading into this weeks game? Let’s jump in and find out.

The Offense
The Rams offense has been just as fun as the Chiefs this season. Currently ranked third in points per game, there has been plenty of explosive plays from Todd Gurley and Jared Goff this season. Gurley is has been the engine for the Rams offense this season. He is currently on pace to at least tie the touchdown record that LaDainian Tomlinson set back in 2006.

To say that Gurley has been great so far this season is an understatement. Gurley’s performances this season has had him in conversations to be MVP, something that has not even been thought about since Adrian Peterson earned the award in 2012.

Jared Goff has also been playing well this season which two years ago were words that most people never thought they would utter. Goff’s career in the NFL has been short, but it has also been one where he was constantly labeled as one thing or another. His first season he was labeled a bust and last season a system quarterback. This year though he is finally being recognized as a great quarterback in the NFL.

A large part of Goff’s improvement has been Sean McVay. McVay has an insane offensive mind and has done a fantastic job helping Goff reach his full potential as a quarterback. McVay has been looked at as an offensive mastermind every since he arrived in Los Angeles and turned around a 4-12 team into an 11-5 team.

McVay’s insane offense took a blow last week though. Second-year receiver Cooper Kupp went down late in the game with a non-contact injury that ended up being a torn ACL. He will be replaced by Josh Reynolds, the same player that took over for Kupp after he hurt his knee earlier in the year.

The combination of Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks will continue to be lethal even without Kupp on the field. Both players are currently on pace for over 1,000 receiving yards this season. As long as the core group of Gurley, Woods, Cooks, and Goff stays healthy this offense will be difficult to stop.

The Defense
The Rams Defense was one of the hottest topics coming into the season. After acquiring multiple high-quality players in Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Ndamukong Suh, Sam Shields, and now Dante Fowler. There was plenty of reason to believe that the Rams would be one of the best defensive units in the NFL as long as the personalities were able to mesh well.

So far the defense has had plenty of ups and downs while playing a little beat up.Talib was placed on injured reserve after hurting his ankle while playing against the Los Angeles Chargers earlier this season. This seems to have been a bigger deal than most anticipated because it has had a domino effect on the rest of the secondary.

Marcus Peters has struggled in his role as a primarily press corner. He is currently ranked as the 106th corner by Pro Football Focus. That is a far cry from where he was listed while he was in Kansas City, but this has not deterred the veteran corner.Peters has openly admitted that he has played poorly for several weeks and needed to get better. This will be a tall task against the Chiefs offense, but not an impossible one.

Aaron Donald has continued to be Aaron Donald and wreck shop at every available opportunity. Even after last weeks game against the Seattle Seahawks, we saw Donald trying to start an altercation with Justin Britt. Which was some unusual behavior from Donald and is honestly something we would typically see from his counterpart Suh.

There has been no word as of yet if there will be any punishment dolled out to Donald. During games, Donald is the highest rated defensive lineman according to PFF, and he is making a case for another defensive player of the year award.

Overall the Rams defense isn’t rated that much higher than the Chiefs so far this season. The Rams are ranked 12th overall when it comes to points per game, while the Kansas City is ranked 16th. The overall difference between the two is less than a point, which is surprising when you look at just how much talent that the Rams have.

This game is one of the most anticipated this season. There will be plenty of fireworks from both sides as both of these young quarterbacks go back and forth in what will more than likely be the highest scoring game this season. Luckily for the Chiefs even if they lose this game, they will be in full control of their destiny and whether or not they can achieve the one seed once the playoffs roll around.
----------------
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but with our slight slowing down in points scored against the Cardinals and letting teams like the lowly Broncos hang around I'm hoping it was us playing down to them and not teams figuring Mahomes out. The Rams are not going to be easy to bulldoze over.
---------------
Not If KC runs the ball, gave up over 200 last time out!
-------------
Moving game LA could benefit the Chiefs more than the Rams. There is a large Chiefs fan base in Southern California and could be more like a home game for the Chiefs than the Rams. I lived out there and went to a few Chargers vs. Chiefs games and there was always more Chiefs fans there than Chargers fans. Was always fun hearing crowd sing home of the Chiefs at end of National Anthem.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Week 11 NFL odds, picks: Chiefs beat Rams

Kansas City at L.A. Rams (-2.5)

The game has been moved to Los Angeles after the turf in Azteca Stadium was deemed unplayable. The location may not matter for the Chiefs, who are coming off a tougher-than-expected home win over the Cardinals. The same holds for the Rams, who held off the Seahawks at the Coliseum. But here's the thing: For all the flak Kansas City's defense takes, Los Angeles' isn't much better; according to Football Outsiders, the Chiefs' D ranks 25th while the Rams are 20th. Not surprisingly, the offenses are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 but the biggest difference is on special teams -- the Chiefs are first, the Rams are 12th. And that could prove to be the difference on Monday night in what we're calling a preview of Super Bowl LIII. We're not willing to go that far but this is the week Kansas City makes its case as the NFL's best team.

Pick: Chiefs 40, Rams 38

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ys-outlast-falcons-seahawks-sneak-past-packer
s/

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This is about the time of year when Andy Reid's Chief teams start to regress. We'll see if they can avoid it this year.

It does amuse me, though, when opposing fans crap on Goff. It is the quickest way to know those buffoons don't know crap about football. Goff is a top 5 QB in the NFL this year by just about every measure. Feel free to think he's crap; we'll all enjoy watching him throw for 400 yards on your crap defense.

Chiefs will be tough. I don't know if our defense is up to the task. Personally, if I were Wade, I'd put Peters on an island against Watkins and leave Shields on Hill with safety help.

I'd actually put NRC on hill

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am watching the Chiefs/Cardinals game.

Tyreek Hill is a huge part of that offense. He is everything that we hoped Tavon would be.

The Chiefs Defense looks worse than the Rams. They struggle with passes to TEs and RBs.

They do get outside pass rush pressure but nothing up the middle.

Mahomes doesn’t shine when he’s under pressure. He is mobile but doesn’t seem to sense the pocket collapsing soon enough. He is not accurate when pressured.

Mahomes has a cannon of an arm and can throw bullets downfield. Tyreek Hill can sneak right past everyone and he’s gone on long pass plays. I don’t think Joyner will be able to keep up.

It is getting more apparent that the Rams need an intuitive, fast Free safety that has some length. It will show even more against Hill.

Wouldn’t it be cool if McVay not only wanted to practice in Colorado because of the altitude, but if he used the time to install some new plays or even a position change like Peters to safety for this game.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Not having GZ probably hurt.

Overall the ST's are world class. I don't understand this stat.
The Rams can neutralize the Chief's special teams by scoring on every drive (never punting) and booting the kickoffs out of the endzone.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Marcus, read this thread all the way through. It should get you fired up. Not that you need any more motivation. - PT
**********************************************************************************
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318076

Marcus Peters is currently the 106th ranked corner on PFF right now

View: https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1049726386452291587?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1049726386452291587&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D318076

------------
1 INT, 5 TDs given up. Dude has been a trash can so far this year.
------------
I mean we all saw it, guy is money for turn overs but he literally lets shit go by him
------------

View: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1049049399043665921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1049049399043665921&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D318076

------------
Can you imagine what Mahomes will do to this man
rofl.gif

-----------
I'd take him over any corner we had attitude aside
-----------

View: https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1049068435794251777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1049068435794251777&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D318076

-----------
Dudes playing almost ten yards back on this one
-----------
he's also trying to play through an injury
-----------
Watch the videos. That's not injury causing him to get burnt so badly.
-------------
A temporary setback. He'll be okay.

All he needs is to choke out a bus driver or two and he'll be himself again.
------------
Slap his mom around a bit, look for a coach to attack or a flag to drop-kick into a crowd of people...that Marcus.
-----------
everybody thinks Marcus Peters is the next Deion because he is good at getting interceptions, which is pretty much the only stat that is looked at much for CBs. I remember him getting torched a lot and giving up a lot of yards to Terrell Pryor in that one Redskins game while he was screaming F YOU BITCH to fans in the crowd.
------------
This rating seems about right from what I saw of Peters against the Vikings and Seahawks. Cousins and Wilson had plenty of success against him.
-----------
Yep I knew it was a matter of time and the Peters puffers would be in here using the he is playing through an injury. If your injured you dont play so obviously he nor the rams think he cant go. He is having a bad year so far. Wades scheme is much different than Suttons. Rams expect him to lock down and stay with the receiver while they run a lot of blitzes. Peters is always looking to read the QB and jump the route its not working so far.
-----------
Still posting about Peters on this board every week?

He’s living rent free in the head of 68.9% of CP members.
------------
Yes. Because 68.9% of CP members are weak and sensitive.

Our defense would be better with Peters on it. Our defense needs any help it can get.
------------
Well ... I watched a few plays (granted, not the entire spectacle) and he doen't look hurt as much as he looks stupid.

At least, that's how it appeared to me. A bit of guessing and a bit of guessing wrong. When it works out, it can be a pick. If it doesn't, it can be 6 for the other guy.
-----------
Even fully healthy he’s a 4.53 guy. He NEEDS that cushion to match up on NFL receivers and to play his style of jumping underneath routes and playing the QBs eyes. If he was jamming WRs at the line and they beat his press, they’re gone.

I remember early in his career he played a lot more press. That caused more turnovers, but he got beat a ton for scores as well. He would also jump routes in other corners coverages for a possible score and got pump faked to death for it, repeatedly....leaving his own man wide open for scores.

Dude is a game changer, but he hangs his teammates out to dry.

He’s a classic ME player.

I’d love to have him back because I love the big plays and with Mahomes at QB, a CB that can take the ball away is HUGE. Every turnover would probably average 5 points.
-------------
MP=CANCER
-------------
Our current secondary = CANCER
------------
Seems like we were like ranked 29th with Peters last year. This year, 31st. So, not THAT much better. Granted I don't know all the detailed numbers, but our defense kinds sucked ass when he was on it too, so there's that.
------------
He had some good stats while here , to be sure. But not all were great. Missed tackles not so great. And with all the behavior problems he's had (since college), attacking a coach on a bus was probably his biggest strike. He's a malcontent. Fights with players, fans and coaches.

There's a tipping point with his kind of bad behavior and mixed performance on the field. I think everyone here would have preffered that he unfooked himself & cleaned up his act. But that didn't happen. And now he's gone. So here's to the Lambs losing out & that 2nd round pick moving up the draft order.
big-grin.gif

-----------
The Rams used Marcus Peters in shadow coverage for the first time this season. Peters was on Davante Adams for 84% of his routes. Adams caught 4-of-6 targets for 113 yards against Peters.
-----------
Watkins is going unleash his superior route running on this jackass and make him look like a scrub.
----------
I'd worry about Aaron Donald with our interior OL health issues as of late. That fucker is frightening.

I really really hope Andy runs screens to Hunt all game toward Marcus Peters. Make that bitch try to tackle a freight train.\
-----------
Screens to Hunt + Hill and Watkins double moves all night.

If he follows Hill, he’s giving up 150. If he follows Watkins, he could give up 100 but probably wouldn’t because Hill and Kelce will be so open anyways.
-----------
Thomas made him his bitch to the tune of 200 yards
rofl.gif

------------
I have a new name for Marcus Peters, "toast"

He makes watching the Rams so much fun.
rofl2.gif

----------------
There's many more pages of this but you get the point, Marcus. Time to rise up and shine on the big stage Monday night and shut these guys up. Two pick-sixes should do it. - PT

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hope these guys realize their offensive line is in alot of trouble. Our guys struggled last week and they will be going all out Monday!

I want to see mahomes drilled a few times , see how he looks after that

Yes but all their OL needs to do is hold and tackle our DL. Put Fowler in a headlock. Etc.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cocky motherfuckers, aren't they? Hope we kick their fucking asses.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Hey Marcus, read this thread all the way through. It should get you fired up. Not that you need any more motivation. - PT
**********************************************************************************

View: https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1049726386452291587?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1049726386452291587&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D318076

------------
------------
I mean we all saw it, guy is money for turn overs but he literally lets crap go by him
------------

View: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1049049399043665921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1049049399043665921&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D318076

------------
rofl.gif

-----------
-----------

View: https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1049068435794251777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1049068435794251777&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D318076

-----------
-----------
-----------
-------------

------------
Slap his mom around a bit, look for a coach to attack or a flag to drop-kick into a crowd of people...that Marcus.
-----------
everybody thinks Marcus Peters is the next Deion because he is good at getting interceptions, which is pretty much the only stat that is looked at much for CBs. I remember him getting torched a lot and giving up a lot of yards to Terrell Pryor in that one Redskins game while he was screaming F YOU BITCH to fans in the crowd.
------------
This rating seems about right from what I saw of Peters against the Vikings and Seahawks. Cousins and Wilson had plenty of success against him.
-----------
Yep I knew it was a matter of time and the Peters puffers would be in here using the he is playing through an injury. If your injured you dont play so obviously he nor the rams think he cant go. He is having a bad year so far. Wades scheme is much different than Suttons. Rams expect him to lock down and stay with the receiver while they run a lot of blitzes. Peters is always looking to read the QB and jump the route its not working so far.
-----------

------------

Our defense would be better with Peters on it. Our defense needs any help it can get.
------------
Well ... I watched a few plays (granted, not the entire spectacle) and he doen't look hurt as much as he looks stupid.

At least, that's how it appeared to me. A bit of guessing and a bit of guessing wrong. When it works out, it can be a pick. If it doesn't, it can be 6 for the other guy.
-----------
Even fully healthy he’s a 4.53 guy. He NEEDS that cushion to match up on NFL receivers and to play his style of jumping underneath routes and playing the QBs eyes. If he was jamming WRs at the line and they beat his press, they’re gone.

I remember early in his career he played a lot more press. That caused more turnovers, but he got beat a ton for scores as well. He would also jump routes in other corners coverages for a possible score and got pump faked to death for it, repeatedly....leaving his own man wide open for scores.

I’d love to have him back because I love the big plays and with Mahomes at QB, a CB that can take the ball away is HUGE. Every turnover would probably average 5 points.
-------------
MP=CANCER
-------------
------------
Seems like we were like ranked 29th with Peters last year. This year, 31st. So, not THAT much better. Granted I don't know all the detailed numbers, but our defense kinds sucked ass when he was on it too, so there's that.
------------
He had some good stats while here , to be sure. But not all were great. Missed tackles not so great. And with all the behavior problems he's had (since college), attacking a coach on a bus was probably his biggest strike. He's a malcontent. Fights with players, fans and coaches.

There's a tipping point with his kind of bad behavior and mixed performance on the field. I think everyone here would have preffered that he unfooked himself & cleaned up his act. But that didn't happen. And now he's gone. So here's to the Lambs losing out & that 2nd round pick moving up the draft order.
big-grin.gif

-----------
The Rams used Marcus Peters in shadow coverage for the first time this season. Peters was on Davante Adams for 84% of his routes. Adams caught 4-of-6 targets for 113 yards against Peters.
-----------
Watkins is going unleash his superior route running on this jackass and make him look like a scrub.
----------
I'd worry about Aaron Donald with our interior OL health issues as of late. That freaker is frightening.

I really really hope Andy runs screens to Hunt all game toward Marcus Peters. Make that bitch try to tackle a freight train.\
-----------

If he follows Hill, he’s giving up 150. If he follows Watkins, he could give up 100 but probably wouldn’t because Hill and Kelce will be so open anyways.
-----------
rofl.gif

------------

rofl2.gif

----------------
There's many more pages of this but you get the point, Marcus. Time to rise up and shine on the big stage Monday night and shut these guys up. Two pick-sixes should do it. - PT

Hard to argue against MP being trash this year.

Liberator

Pro Bowler

------------
------------
I mean we all saw it, guy is money for turn overs but he literally lets crap go by him
------------

------------
rofl.gif

-----------
-----------

-----------
-----------
-----------
-------------

------------
-----------
------------
-----------
-----------

------------

------------

-----------

-------------
MP=CANCER
-------------
------------
------------

big-grin.gif

-----------
-----------
----------
I'd worry about Aaron Donald with our interior OL health issues as of late. That freaker is frightening.

-----------

-----------
rofl.gif

------------

rofl2.gif

----------------

What a toxic fanbase lol. Such hatred for a former player.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to argue against MP being trash this year.
He has been awful. Makes you wonder if our D is that bad, or did the Chiefs do a great job at masking his weaknesses and allowing him to flourish more.

Peters with Chiefs: 54.4 completion percentage allowed; 7.0 yards per target; 15-19 TDs allowed to INT ratio; 66.8 passer rating
Peters with Rams: 72.5 completion percentage allowed; 12.0 yards per target; 6-1 TDs allowed to INT ratio; 143.7 passer rating

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...s-tyreek-hill-is-a-matchup-nightmare-for-rams

View: https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1063088499111292931?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1063088499111292931&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowheadpride.com%2F2018%2F11%2F15%2F18096827%2Fnate-burleson-says-tyreek-hill-is-a-matchup-nightmare-for-rams

-------------
Hill will victimize mp22 all night
-------------
As long as he's lined up on Peters side
Since Peters doesn’t shadow, we may not see that matchup much, it will be funny watching him run past him on a reverse or something like that though lol
------------
he has been shadowing since talib has been injured
hes been playing on the right and in the slot as well
-----------
I'm waiting to see Peters crying like a little bitch!
Just as he did against the Saints. That was the best part of that game. Sure didn’t make me miss him any.
----------
I saw an interview with MP stating he would pick off Mahomes at least twice, like he used to do in Practice.
----------
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...atkins-for-nfl-art-rooney-sportsmanship-award

Chiefs nominate Sammy Watkins for NFL Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
Watkins is in his first season with the Chiefs.
By Pete Sweeney

1057304000.jpg.0.jpg

Photo by Kirk Irwin/Getty Images

The Kansas City Chiefs have nominated wide receiver Sammy Watkins for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award, per an official release from the NFL.

(Todd Gurley nominated for the Rams)

The award, created in 2014 to honor the late founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, recognizes players around the league who exemplify outstanding sportsmanship on the field (including fair play, respect for the game and opponents and integrity in competition).

The award is voted upon by the league’s players.

The past recipients of the award are: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (2014), Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson (2015), Colts running back Frank Gore (2016) and Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly (2017).

The winner will be announced at the NFL Honors the night before the Super Bowl in early February. The winner receives a $25,000 donation from the NFL Foundation to a charity of his choice, as well as a trophy.
--------------