What Chargers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
These comments are comical. A team that squeaked by the Bills saying we haven’t beaten anybody? Guess what, after we win Sunday we still won’t have beaten a good team.

Truth be told, if the refs in the Rams Raiders game had called holding when there was holding, the Raiders would have been shut out. Donald and Suh must have had their jerseys stretched out of shape from all the holding

The Chargers will have to hold and hope that the refs miss those calls. If not, Rivers is going to get drilled. He won't be able to dance in the pocket and dink and dunk. Wade figured that out in the Raiders game and shut them down.

I think our corners might have a big game this week.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Yep and we have to be able to take out teams like this all season. We have a tough schedule and it will be a test on most weeks. I like our chances to be up to the task each and every week. This team simply looks like it has no weaknesses. Time will tell of course.

Agreed. This is our toughest test to date. I've seen both Chargers games this season and they have some weapons. Rams must take the team seriously and not get caught looking ahead to Thursday Nighter with the Vikings.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Here's some more from PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-after-week-2

LAC-Chargers-Header.png

Starting Lineup:

Left Tackle: Russell Okung, 72.1
Left Guard: Dan Feeney, 45.2
Center: Mike Pouncey, 66.1
Right Guard: Michael Schofield, 62.3
Right Tackle: Sam Tevi, 47.1

This year was supposed to be different for the Chargers up front, but after two weeks, all it looks like is more of the same. Right tackle Sam Tevi looks completely out of his depth filling in for the injured Joe Barksdale. He’s allowed 10 pressures in two weeks and has the second-lowest pass-block grade of any tackle in the NFL.

Ohh dear, looks like they'd best get that ball out quick!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mqD-ZxC3XM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxhl3dGiy14

I believe in our linebackers to stop gurley and if our secondary doesn’t let Cooks do what T. Hill did we have a chance
-------------
No one is crushing the chargers
------------
it will take a great team to beat them period. The only weakness they got is their home crowd is weak lol
------------
Chargers may leave L.A. after this game... Beat down by the Rams.
------------
Yup and they should take the clippers with them
-----------
If Bosa was in it would be a different game
Rams 31 Chargers 24
--------------
Chargers will win 30-24
-------------
the rams are not good they played two bad teams
-----------
As long as we stop Gurley and our receivers don’t drop passes, we should win.
------------
Chargers win a thriller.
-------------
Rams-34 Chargers-23
And I'm a Chargers fan saying this.
-----------
Chargers will win. These NFC teams have no answer for Rivers . 24-28 Chargers
-----------

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-rTxDTW-E

Rams are so scary
------------
We stop Gurley we win
----------
Gurley cant do crap if he is on the bench. None of that quick 3 and out bullcrap that only kills 40 seconds. we do that over and over again Gurley will eat the clock away with long drives and tire out our defense from being out there so long.

That's 100% how I see us losing if we do. we control the clock we beat the Rams.
-------------
Oh wow the Rams beat the Cardinals and Raiders and yall think yall gonna blow us out hell
nah yall gonna see whatsup this weekend and at the end of the season
-----------
The Rams are super overrated and people just don't wanna see it. Chargers are the better team with better talent, Chargers win this game easy.

Freakin delusional....lol...So the Rams are a bad team because they destroyed two bad teams?Too fukkin stupid to breathe.without cue cards..

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

So, apparently they play like rat shit so that they can be 7 point dogs... Then they play like world betters...Brilliant...NFL is a copycat legue so next thing you know everybody will switch to this unusual ploy...Wow, have to admit that they're way ahead of the curve and idiots like McVey...

Psycho_X

Legend
So, apparently they play like rat crap so that they can be 7 point dogs... Then they play like world betters...Brilliant...NFL is a copycat legue so next thing you know everybody will switch to this unusual ploy...Wow, have to admit that they're way ahead of the curve and idiots like McVey...

Chargers can some it up in one word,
giphy.gif

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

TheBunk

Rookie

JackStraw

Rookie
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's going to awfully difficult for the bills to pull out a win in Minny. Hopefully the viking takes them for granted.. they're going to have a fight on thier hands for sure. Wounded dog scenario
Vikings will be visiting LA

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Truth be told, if the refs in the Rams Raiders game had called holding when there was holding, the Raiders would have been shut out. Donald and Suh must have had their jerseys stretched out of shape from all the holding

The Chargers will have to hold and hope that the refs miss those calls. If not, Rivers is going to get drilled. He won't be able to dance in the pocket and dink and dunk. Wade figured that out in the Raiders game and shut them down.

I think our corners might have a big game this week.

Thank you!
I was screaming that all game long...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.chargers.com/news/keys-to-the-game-chargers-vs-rams

Keys to the Game: Chargers vs. Rams
Ricky Henne

se2krluvczqxeeiou3th.jpg

Here are five keys to the game heading into the Week 3 match between the Chargers and Rams:

1. Trust the Passing Game – Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib are two of the best cornerbacks in the game. Philip Rivers is well aware of that fact, having gone up against both Pro Bowlers twice a year for the past several seasons when they were with the Chiefs and Broncos, respectively.

Nonetheless, the Chargers must stay true to who they are, and that’s the league’s third-ranked passing offense. Rivers has been on fire to start the season, ranking third in the league in touchdowns (six), fourth in passing yards (680) and completion percentage (73.1 percent) and sixth in completions (57). Thus, while he’s mindful of the Rams’ talented secondary, he knows he has to trust his weapons to come through and make plays:

“We're not going in overconfident by any means, saying this is the corner we want to attack. We have great respect for those corners, but at the same time, I feel like our receivers and Keenan and all of our guys will have some opportunities…. (Those are) two really, really good corners, obviously.

Peters has had his share of interceptions the last handful of times we've gone against him. Talib is a heck of a corner. I've always thought going against him twice a year now for however long it's been, that I’d put him up there as one of the top corners in the league. Both those guys (actually).”

2. Gang Up on Gurley – Week 1 brought the NFL’s reigning rushing king into town in Kareem Hunt. Last week, the Chargers had to face LeSean McCoy, who has the most total yards from scrimmage of any running back from the moment he entered the league. Well, it doesn’t get any easier this week as the Bolts match wits with Todd Gurley.

The Rams running back leads the NFL in carries thus far with 39 totes for 150 yards (3.8 ypc) and three rushing touchdowns. He also has six receptions for 70 yards and one score. The Rams have a bunch of weapons, and Gurley is as dangerous as any. Just ask Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley:

“What I think makes him special is that he can play very physical and he also has the ability to jump-cut. With that, it's not just one cut. In the zone-scheme, that makes him really effective. He has a really good feel for it. They play with the quarterback under center quite a bit, so he's in the dot, and it allows him to use his vision. He can make explosive plays at any time — not only in the running game, but in the passing game.”

3. Establish a Ground Attack – The Rams barely give up an inch on the ground as the 74.5 yards per game they are allowing is the fifth-lowest mark in the NFL. However, they are allowing 3.9 yards per carry. Basically, the Rams have rushed out to such early leads that teams have been forced to abandon the ground game and attack them through the air.

Thus, it’s imperative for the Bolts to establish themselves on the ground. Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler lead a potent rushing attack that is averaging 4.8 yards per carry. Offensive Coordinator Ken Whisenhunt explained what’s made the pair such an effective duo:

“Obviously, they've been very effective. So it's been a tremendous help for us because it opens up other things and other parts of your game. [For] the play-action game, it helps. We had some plays in that game because of the play to [TE] Virgil [Green].

A couple of those plays to Virgil earlier were because of play action, because we've been effective running the football. You've got a guy like Austin that can do a couple of different things and he's a great complement to Melvin [Gordon]; it helps you. The biggest challenge you face with that situation is how do you get them enough carries?”

4. Interior Protection – Pressure up the middle is a quarterback’s nightmare. Teams covet having just one defensive tackle able to wreak havoc in the middle, let alone have two like the Rams boast in Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh. If the Bolts want to get rolling on offense, they have to not only protect Philip from that two-headed monster, but also assert their will against them in the run game.

You better believe the team will be mindful of where Donald and Suh are each time they’re on the field. When it comes to Suh, the Bolts at least have a center in Mike Pouncey who is awfully familiar with him as the two went toe-to-toe each day at practice while with the Miami Dolphins. However, as Head Coach Anthony Lynn noted, it’s not reasonable to think one man can stop either one of them alone:

“I don't think there's a blueprint for stopping Suh, man. He's a heck of a player. One of the most powerful interior linemen in this league. We just have to stay in front of him and protect our quarterback.”

5. Ignore the Eye Candy – The Bolts stressed all week how the Rams distract and disrupt a defense with all they do before they snap the ball. It’s aimed to confuse and disrupt the defense, and it’s something Bradley admitted his defense struggled with against the Chiefs.

Thus, as much as the Chargers must prepare for what’s to come once the ball is snapped, they also have to weed through all the distractions the Rams will throw their way. With the success Kansas City had with it in Week 1, Bradley fully expects to see a ton of pre-snap eye candy come Sunday:

“We didn't play really well against Kansas City (with what they did pre-snap), so we have to play it better (against the Rams). I think you go back and you look at what you didn't do well in the season during the previous games. You have to get that corrected because it is a copycat league. If teams see that you have a weakness and you don't get it corrected, you're going to see it again.”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://boltbeat.com/2018/09/20/los-angeles-chargers-score-rams-win/

Los Angeles Chargers will still put up points on the Rams
by Ernie Padaon

With all this talk about the superstar Los Angeles Rams defense, what are the Los Angeles Chargers going to do?!?!

The Chargers have just as many playmakers on offense as the Rams have on defense. Everyone is wondering how the Chargers are going to move the football, but the Rams should wonder how they are going to slow our offense down. They slowed the Raiders and the Cardinals early in the season, but the Chargers offense is one of the top passing offenses in the league.

Philip Rivers has started out the season on fire. He has been locked in from the start of the year and if it weren’t for a few drops in the first game, he could be undefeated going into this game.

The Rams defense will be the toughest that the Chargers have seen early in the year, but the Chargers have a lot of weapons to spread the ball around to. Philip Rivers will be sure to move it around to everyone.

Keenan Allen and Marcus Peters will get to see each other all over again. They both have had their wins in this matchup. Allen and Aqib Talib could be matched up as well. Philip Rivers knows all about these corners.

Who will be the receiver on the other side? Will it be Tyrell? Will it be Benjamin? Will it be Mike Williams? Those corners won’t be able to cover them all. Someone will get a chance and Philip will find them.

This could be a big game for Antonio Gates. Tight ends have ripped up the Rams early this season and this could be the game that Gates shines. The biggest weakness on the Rams defense is at the linebacker position and that is where Gates can make his dough.

The Rams could be tough up the middle with Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh, but the Chargers can attack the defense with their running backs in the passing game. Philip has been using Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler a lot in the passing game. I expect big games from the running backs in the passing game. This could be one of those games that Austin Ekeler puts in a couple of touchdowns.

The Rams defense has a lot of playmakers on it. Philip Rivers will not shy away from attacking. It is going to make for a fun matchup to see where our offense ranks against some of the best in the league. I expect this Chargers offense to put up points. It will be up to the Chargers defense to make some plays in order for us to leave with a win.
------------------
Gates on their LBs? Wake up. He lost his step 3 years ago. Who is the TE that caught balls vs Buffalo? You hope for the past. Bring a realistic perspective to your takes.
--------------
Yup. Gates is fat and slow. He looks like he weighs around 280-290lbs. Virgil Green on the other hand looks pretty good out there catching balls. Much more athletic. Did a real good job after the catch as well.
-----------
If the LB corps of Rams is weak, then I look to the return of the crossing routes. Tyrell Williams needs to wake up.
----------
What am I worried about - the line of scrimmage!! Especially their DL vs. our OL. Our OTs have turned into turnstiles, and frankly I don't know who we have to open holes for the RBs against their DL. Rivers has to resurrect his < 2.0 sec passing attack and hope for YAC.

I would love to see Antonio have success, but that ship has sailed. Without Bosa our DL is suspect and will wear out. Assuming anyone can stifle Gurley, the Chargers will need to dial up an ever changing array of blitzes using Nwosu, White, and King.
----------
While I can appreciate a certain level of optimism, this is way over the top. You realize the chargers almost universally choke against quality opponents right?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
This could be a big game for Antonio Gates. Tight ends have ripped up the Rams early this season and this could be the game that Gates shines.

"Tight ends"? No. Try "a tigh end for a single half". Chargers fans: getting more dumber every day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://boltbeat.com/2018/09/20/los-angeles-chargers-score-rams-win/

Los Angeles Chargers will still put up points on the Rams
by Ernie Padaon

With all this talk about the superstar Los Angeles Rams defense, what are the Los Angeles Chargers going to do?!?!

The Chargers have just as many playmakers on offense as the Rams have on defense. Everyone is wondering how the Chargers are going to move the football, but the Rams should wonder how they are going to slow our offense down. They slowed the Raiders and the Cardinals early in the season, but the Chargers offense is one of the top passing offenses in the league.

Philip Rivers has started out the season on fire. He has been locked in from the start of the year and if it weren’t for a few drops in the first game, he could be undefeated going into this game.

The Rams defense will be the toughest that the Chargers have seen early in the year, but the Chargers have a lot of weapons to spread the ball around to. Philip Rivers will be sure to move it around to everyone.

Keenan Allen and Marcus Peters will get to see each other all over again. They both have had their wins in this matchup. Allen and Aqib Talib could be matched up as well. Philip Rivers knows all about these corners.

Who will be the receiver on the other side? Will it be Tyrell? Will it be Benjamin? Will it be Mike Williams? Those corners won’t be able to cover them all. Someone will get a chance and Philip will find them.

This could be a big game for Antonio Gates. Tight ends have ripped up the Rams early this season and this could be the game that Gates shines. The biggest weakness on the Rams defense is at the linebacker position and that is where Gates can make his dough.

The Rams could be tough up the middle with Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh, but the Chargers can attack the defense with their running backs in the passing game. Philip has been using Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler a lot in the passing game. I expect big games from the running backs in the passing game. This could be one of those games that Austin Ekeler puts in a couple of touchdowns.

The Rams defense has a lot of playmakers on it. Philip Rivers will not shy away from attacking. It is going to make for a fun matchup to see where our offense ranks against some of the best in the league. I expect this Chargers offense to put up points. It will be up to the Chargers defense to make some plays in order for us to leave with a win.
------------------
Gates on their LBs? Wake up. He lost his step 3 years ago. Who is the TE that caught balls vs Buffalo? You hope for the past. Bring a realistic perspective to your takes.
--------------
Yup. Gates is fat and slow. He looks like he weighs around 280-290lbs. Virgil Green on the other hand looks pretty good out there catching balls. Much more athletic. Did a real good job after the catch as well.
-----------
If the LB corps of Rams is weak, then I look to the return of the crossing routes. Tyrell Williams needs to wake up.
----------
What am I worried about - the line of scrimmage!! Especially their DL vs. our OL. Our OTs have turned into turnstiles, and frankly I don't know who we have to open holes for the RBs against their DL. Rivers has to resurrect his < 2.0 sec passing attack and hope for YAC.

I would love to see Antonio have success, but that ship has sailed. Without Bosa our DL is suspect and will wear out. Assuming anyone can stifle Gurley, the Chargers will need to dial up an ever changing array of blitzes using Nwosu, White, and King.
----------
While I can appreciate a certain level of optimism, this is way over the top. You realize the chargers almost universally choke against quality opponents right?
Ernie Padeon better hope to God the Rams don't shut out the Chargers, cuz I'll seek him out on twitter to troll the shyte out of him...lolk

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Tight ends"? No. Try "a tigh end for a single half". Chargers fans: getting more dumber every day.
Optimistic homers hang on the results of the 1st half vs Oakland, like a statistical life raft.
Otherwise, they got nuthin'....lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/20...-los-angeles-gurley-rivers-gordon-goff-ekeler

Three-Down Back: A trio of things to watch for against the Los Angeles Rams
Is this a David v. Goliath story, or something much more believable?
By Michael Peterson

usa_today_11265440.0.jpg

Kelvin Kuo-USA TODAY Sports

So we are finally here. The highly-anticipated match-up between the Chargers and the Rams.

The very first, legitimate installment of the #FightForLA.

Are you ready? Because I don’t know if I am.

I really wish that both teams were able to come into this game with unblemished records. That definitely would have pushed the stakes to an even higher level. Unfortunately, the Chargers come in at 1-1 and are officially a full touchdown underdog to the red-hot Rams.

I recently made an appearance on the radio out in San Diego during the Mark and Rich Show on XTRA 1360. These are always very short bits and I only get asked a few questions whenever I’m on. The first question this time around was very simple:

“Is it surprising that the Chargers are underdogs by an entire touchdown?”

I told them no, it really isn’t. The Chargers haven’t looked too bad so far, but the Rams have been that much more dominant.

Their second question was based off my answer from the first question:

“If it’s not a surprise, do the Chargers even have a chance?”

I said yes, they do. And without giving it all away and making this post irrelevant, let’s take a look at what i’ll be keeping a close eye on when the teams of LA collide.

1.) OC Ken Whisenhunt must take advantage of mismatches with RBs Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler.

When you glance at the Rams’ defense, there are TONS of stud players. Cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peterson, safety Lamarcus Joyner, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and — oh right, arguably the best player in the NFL regardless of position, Aaron flippin’ Donald.

In terms of star-power, alone, this looks like the best defense in the NFL. However, there is one area in which the Rams lack consistent play: the linebackers.

(We've played two games. In one half of the first game this statement has some validity but not in the last 6 quarters. The whole "their linebackers suck" premise has become tiresome already. Yeah, compared to our DB's and DT's sure but then who wouldn't look worse when compared to them?)

When we juxtapose the Chargers’ offense with the Rams’ defense, the area where the Chargers excel fits nicely where the Rams have shortcomings.

I believe if the Chargers hope to consistently move the ball down the field against that stacked defense, Philip Rivers will have to utilize the athleticism of Gordon and Ekeler in mismatches, especially in the redzone, which he has shown a propensity for so far this season.

2.) Can the Chargers’ run defense continue their strong start to the season with Todd Gurley staring back at them?

(Pick your poison. Zero in on Todd Gurley and get burned by the passing game. Zero in on the passing game and Gurley will rack up more yards, first downs, and TD's).

In their first game of the year, the Chargers defense was able to hold last season’s rushing leader, Kareem Hunt, to just 49 yards on 16 carries.

The following week, they were able to limit LeSean McCoy’s carries by running up the score and causing the veteran to only receive nine totes which he turned into just 39 rushing yards.

This week, the Bolts get Todd Gurley who was a candidate for league MVP just a season ago. In the season opener, Gurley looked like his usual self. He got a hefty 20 carries and turned them into 108 yards while catching three passes for 39 yards and a score.

In last week’s match-up against the Arizona Cardinals. Gurley received another 19 carries, but only found enough running room to turn it into 42 rushing yards. The silver-lining, though? He still scored three touchdowns on the ground.

Luckily for the Chargers, although the defense has been far from stout in between the 20’s, they’ve always shown a knack for buckling down when they feel the shadow of their end zone against their backs.

(The above statement by the author makes no sense. They haven't been stout in red zone D or they are. Which one is it?)

3.) Can Philip Rivers overcome his demons when he faces off against former-AFC West cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters?

In Peters’ last three games against the Chargers as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, he picked off Rivers four times dating back to the end of the 2016 regular season.

Talib, on the other hand, hasn’t intercepted a Philip Rivers pass in years but he was a part of the vaunted “No Fly Zone” in Denver that gave the entire NFL fits for a number of years. If I remember correctly, Rivers had a hard time just getting to the 200 yard passing mark anytime he faced the Broncos.

So the theme is simple here. Rivers is about to face a pair of players that he hasn’t found success against in quite some time.

Will Rivers be able to overcome the presence of these two defenders and show the city of Los Angeles that he’s not going to be haunted anymore by the ghosts of his past?
-------------
We are rightfully under dogs but this is when the chargers play up to the competition. I expect this to be a close game especially without their kicker however I don’t think we pull it off. 27-23 Rams
----------
I expect the Bolt to get rid of the ball quickly to negate the Rams line and exploit their weakest area, the linebackers. I still don’t hold out much hope of scoring more than 20. The Rams are good man.
------------
Second year player Feeney is struggling a bit at LG and surprisingly Okung at LT. They should play better as the year goes on. Our right side is a mess with RT Barksdale injured and RG Schofield a below average player. We’re waiting for Forrest Lamp to begin playing who could make a major improvement on the right side.

I don’t expect our OL to hold up against the Rams DL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If you can you have to watch the tape off between teddy bruschi and Darren woodson on nfl live. They did the rams- chargers game.

Teddy took the rams and went the ric flair route. Fuck it was funny. Well worth a watch.