What Chargers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If any Chargers fans are reading this we invite you to join up and join in with the discussions.
************************************************************************************
STL-vs.-SD.jpg

http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...ms-open-as-5-5-pt-favorites-over-the-chargers

Rams open as 5.5 pt favorites over the Chargers

Sounds about right the way the Rams are playing plus the fact Chargers gain nothing playing in LA right now.
--------------
Oh well, it is what it is. Rams should be favored anyways.
------------
I suspect it will go up a few points.
-----------
the Hams are for real and we make a statement with a convincing win.
without Bosa, I say it’s competitive but we lose.
On D, sell out on Gurley early, make Goff throw over our secondary
on O get Donald and Suh moving sideline to sideline
Set them up to win in the 4th quarter
------------
Sounds about right. Rams have looked really good
------------
Rams won their first game by 20 and 2nd game by 34. Thats a good team.
-------------
Spread up to 7 after the Ram game this afternoon.
------------
Why are we getting that much credit? Weird.
-----------
The Rams are looking really good. I’ll be happy if we can even hang close.
------------
Im hoping for a Rams letdown after they killed AZ
------------
The line looks right to me. Is this an away game for both teams? I know Rams are a better draw than the Chargers given their more recent history in LA and the team wins regularly, but they don't have massive noisy crowds, either. And they play in the Mauseleom don't they?
-----------
If we're still playing for the game when the 4th starts I'll be happy. Wiz is starting to do the mad scientist thing with all his toys. We'll probably be down 17-14 at half, but still in the game.

Hope he has a script this week for the second half to keep up the points. The right side of the line played bad this week. If we get down too far the Rams are going to tear up Rivers like a turkey on Thanksgiving.
------------
The Rams--Falcons playoff game of Jan 6 2018 should be our template.

We will need a balanced offense and several sacks of Goff.

It will require the best, most consistent game, the Chargers have played in several years.

We do possess essentially the same components as ATL.

Doable.
------------
This is Adam Schefter's Super Bowl pick. Let's go and whoop on the Rams, this is a statement game!
------------
Cam Cameron said on FNISD last night that there would be 70+K fans in the stadium. lol.
-----------
This game scares the shit out of me. Being 1 - 2 would suck major huevos especially with KC acting like the freaking Patriots. I too would love to see us head into the fourth quarter in the 7 range, either up or down but with a chance. That is unless they want to start the 4th up by 30.......I'd take that too..........

This is the start of the Cali trifecta for us. We need to be at least 3 - 2 on the other side looking at the Browns on the road.
--------------
Obviously wont be an easy one but we do have the tools to beat them. My biggest concern is Suh and Donald against our interior line, but Peters has also terrorized Rivers the last few years. Keep the game outside the hashes and we should win.
--------------
I just hope Rivers doesnt make dumb throws this game. He always freaks out when he faces Peters.
--------------
Rams will be a really tough matchup. Expect this offense to show up. And the D to be opportunistic. Not having Bosa really hurts. But you cant deny the speed on D is upgraded over last year.
-------------
Offensively we need to be creative and unpredictable against the Shams! Their edge players are avg but that IDL is great. We need to run a ton of 6 man protections and stretch them horizontally and vertically. Our screen game needs to be on point and be able to get the edge in the run game early. Tire them out and then take their will to compete/live in the 4th quarter.

Defensively we must be aggressive and take away Gurley in both run & pass games. Inside push to make Goff uncomfortable and make him beat us with his arm. Cooks is their big threat vertically outside but the rest of their WRs can be handled with our physical CBS.

If both teams play well it should be a very competitive fun game.
----------------
This is gonna be a exciting game to see what this team is really made of. I think there should be a decent amount of charger fans there too. The rams are the better team on paper but this will show us if Lynn, Wiz, and Bradley have what it takes to develop a good game plan. I really hope Eke gets his fair of touches as the guy has shown that he can flat out play and fight for extra yards. Get Mike Will the ball in the end zone as well

I see this game being close until the 4th qrt as it should be on paper. Well see if Lynn can keep his team focused the whole game
--------------
It will be a fun and telling game for sure. But not having Bosa really hurts us in a huge way. I like when we are huge underdogs though. Im just less stressed out about the game. lol
-------------
I think both Bradley and Lynn have gained trust in our young rookies -- Darwin, Nwosu, and White -- and they've gained confidence in themselves. Each game they've played this season has been better than the last. They're in game-shape now, and have live game experience in the NFL.

This could be scary for the Rams.
-------------
The one thing that really scares me about the Rams game is our beat up oline against their dline. Rivers isn't going to have a lot of time in the pocket so it sounds like the game for Allen to go off.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love these threads and love your work here Primers. Chargers lot seem pretty grounded and realistic from what they are saying. That Bosa will be a big miss for them, really good player.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If any Chargers fans are reading this we invite you to join up and join in with the discussions.

If they're the same Chargers fans from that forum that was apparently filled with Navy SEALs/Army Rangers/Green Berets/Delta Force members who would go postal on us if we posted in their forum, I think it would be nice to not have that.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Seems like a pretty fair assessment.

I think it's going to be the game of the week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If they're the same Chargers fans from that forum that was apparently filled with Navy SEALs/Army Rangers/Green Berets/Delta Force members who would go postal on us if we posted in their forum, I think it would be nice to not have that.
I think the word is "apparently". Most of the military men and women I have met are pretty damn respectful. Lotta internet SEALS, etc. out there that have never actually worn a uniform.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Chargers should be a tough matchup. Rivers gets the ball out quicker than any other QB in the league. Hes tough to get to. Melvin Gordan is a stud.
Chargers D is pretty strong, even without Bosa

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chargers should be a tough matchup. Rivers gets the ball out quicker than any other QB in the league. Hes tough to get to. Melvin Gordan is a stud.
Chargers D is pretty strong, even without Bosa
Yep and we have to be able to take out teams like this all season. We have a tough schedule and it will be a test on most weeks. I like our chances to be up to the task each and every week. This team simply looks like it has no weaknesses. Time will tell of course.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yep and we have to be able to take out teams like this all season. We have a tough schedule and it will be a test on most weeks. I like our chances to be up to the task each and every week. This team simply looks like it has no weaknesses. Time will tell of course.
I guess our weakest link at this point is FG kicker. Hopefully Ficken plays solid.
In all honesty, though. I thought playing without a kicker was fun to watch. (Mostly because we were winning)

Psycho_X

Legend
More hopes and dreams to extinguish.

I guess our weakest link at this point is FG kicker. Hopefully Ficken plays solid.
In all honesty, though. I thought playing without a kicker was fun to watch. (Mostly because we were winning)

I have faith in Ficken up to 45 yards which is enough for our offense. It sucks not having that leg of GZ for a bit but hopefully this is a temporary set back and he'll be back for the home stretch. Until then, we'll have to play within the normal range of kickers lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"The Rams--Falcons playoff game of Jan 6 2018 should be our template.

It will require the best, most consistent game, the Chargers have played in several years.

Doable."

It's like we did nothing during the off season and they are playing the 2017 Rams...lol

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the word is "apparently". Most of the military men and women I have met are pretty damn respectful. Lotta internet SEALS, etc. out there that have never actually worn a uniform.

Yep, the only Teams guy who was legit who got into it with people online that I met was a guildie in World of Warcraft who was in the Spetsnaz. Dude was 6’6” and built like the Mountain. Guys would talk crap and he’d post his address and say “come get me”. His wife was barely 5’ tall and had to tell him stop because of stuff like SWATing.

The only thing that could defeat that guy was a Mackie story...LOL.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Stole my thunder, Stu. Not belabor this point, but one of the first things they do in the military is to weed out the "easily triggered" types, and to teach calm in the storm.

Rangers and SEALS even more so. The brain and the training have to kick in when the sh!t hits the fan. Internet warriors probably don't even hurry their pulse. I'll take those guys all day long.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
A good early season test to see where we really are.

With McVay calling the offense and Phillips countering the Chargers offense I feel good about the outcome.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
"The Rams--Falcons playoff game of Jan 6 2018 should be our template.

Doable."

It's like we did nothing during the off season and they are playing the 2017 Rams...lol

Yeah, people tend to equate them to past failures. Just like Goff's rookie year. Some people still use that as their gauge to form an opinion. I wish opposing coaches would do that but its just the fans.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I has this game down as a loss in the beginning of the season. Mostly because I don’t like to predict 16-0. But now that we’ve played I think we handle them. Also, I hope they try to shut down Gurley. That will mean another big game by Goff.

Rivers is will negate our quick pass rush with screens and crossing routes. I say we just rush 4 and let our secondary do work.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Preseason is officially over. Chargers will be a tough 60 minutes of football litmus test.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like Chargers fans. They are down to earth and have a pretty good team, have for years. Sucks they have such a shitty owner.

RamsFan47

Rookie
To charger fans credit they are 1/2 right plus minus one Sammy Watkins. But that D! Talib, Suh and Marcus effing Peters. Props to the front office for putting the team in the position it's in! I'm not sure there's an offense in the league that can match up with what Wade can throw at them..

#NOQUARTER

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rams open as 5.5 pt favorites over the Chargers

That's low IMO.

he Hams are for real and we make a statement with a convincing win.
without Bosa, I say it’s competitive but we lose.
On D, sell out on Gurley early, make Goff throw over our secondary
on O get Donald and Suh moving sideline to sideline
Set them up to win in the 4th quarter

I had no idea it was that easy to beat the Rams. This guy is a fucking genius.