What Chargers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

If you can you have to watch the tape off between teddy bruschi and Darren woodson on nfl live. They did the rams- chargers game.

Teddy took the rams and went the ric flair route. freak it was funny. Well worth a watch.

I was watching it at the barbershop but they had the sound off:(

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/22/nfl-los-angeles-rams-chargers-week-3-preview/

Rams Week 3 preview: 5 questions with Chargers Wire
By: Cameron DaSilva

usatsi_11147839.jpg

To preview this Week 3 tilt, we chatted with Chargers Wire managing editor Kyle Posey to get some intel on the other Los Angeles team.

Who’s been filling in for Joey Bosa and how has he performed?
It’s been Isaac Rochell. He’s a seventh-rounder last year out of Notre Dame. He hasn’t done much. Last week, they tried to mix more Uchenna Nwosu – a better pass rusher – in there. It’s been by committee, really. Chris Landrum is sprinkled in as well. Nwosu has a sack, but the production fell off a cliff without Bosa.

Melvin Gordon leads the team in receptions, but does that mean Philip Rivers won’t throw downfield?
Funny you say that because Rivers was launching it downfield often against the Chiefs. The receivers just didn’t catch his passes. I think last week was more of a product of Buffalo trying to take away the deep pass and Rivers checking down to Gordon. Rivers loves to sling it downfield, though.

Do you expect Casey Hayward to stay on one side of the field or shadow someone like Brandin Cooks?
That’s interesting and honestly, I wouldn’t do that myself unless you have a safety helping over top. Hayward is great, but his speed isn’t. As you know, Cooks can fly. I could see them doing it on some third downs where they don’t expect Cooks and the Rams to take deep shots.

How has the Chargers’ offensive line fared thus far?
The line has been rough. Even Russell Okung had a tough go at it last week. They’re down their starting right tackle. The backup looks completely out of his depth. Third-round pick from last year Dan Feeney has gotten off to a rough start as well. Watching the Rams, it could get ugly in the trenches. I’d expect a lot of quick passes to protect Rivers.

Prediction for Sunday?
I think it’ll be one of those fun games like last years Rams-Eagles game late in the season. I think there will be plenty of points, but the Rams prevail 27-21.

https://www.chargers.com/news/in-the-box-derwin-james-wrecks-a-game-plan

In the Box, Derwin James ‘Wrecks a Game Plan'
Chris Hayre

uz7sbgutapt4pkprdxpd.jpg

CBS Sports’ Ian Eagle, Chargers radio analyst Daniel Jeremiah, The Athletic’s Vinny Bonsignore and NFL Network’s Andrew Siciliano joined Thursday’s episode of Chargers Weekly to preview all angles of Sunday’s cross-town matchup against the Rams.

Highlights from each interview are below.

Eagle on the Chargers’ early season success on offense:

“I think they’re more dangerous than they were last season, and they were already a prolific offense, certainly over the last nine weeks of last year. But their running game, which isn’t traditional – the fact that they can do it with (Melvin) Gordon and (Austin) Ekeler with different looks.

Those two guys are so dangerous coming out of the backfield. Right now, (Offensive Coordinator) Ken Whisenhunt has a lot of different options to go with, and (quarterback) Philip Rivers is pushing the right buttons.”

Jeremiah on safety Derwin James’ impact in Week 2:

“He can play everywhere and that’s the challenge – is just finding where the best place to play him is; where he can be the most disruptive, and I’ve always believed when you put him in the box, he just wrecks a game plan down there. Playing high, he can read and react and make some plays on the ball, and he’s an outstanding free safety, but to me he can destroy your game plan when you put him in the box.”

Bonsignore on what the Rams are saying about the Chargers:

“The Chargers legitimately have gotten their attention, and rightfully so. This is a very good football team in the Chargers. I watched the Chiefs game. Even that Chiefs game, I don’t think (it) was as bad as maybe the final score or certain scores along the way in that game indicated.

There were some mistakes that the Chargers made, some dropped balls that really put them in some bad situations, but they were moving the ball in that game and Philip Rivers was playing good, and you can see the talent that they have offensively and really defensively as well. So, this is not something that the Rams are overlooking at all.

They’re excited about this matchup. Not necessarily the LA-LA thing, that’s kind of cool for all of us to talk about. But from their perspective, it’s a really good football team, and they know that they’re going to have to bring it on Sunday, or else bad things can happen.”

Siciliano on forcing turnovers against the Rams:

“The thing about the Chargers, though, is when they force the turnovers, they have to turn them into points. They have to. They can’t settle for field goals if and when they force turnovers because the Rams are still going to score 30, one way or the other.”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...s-forum/560735-friday-predicition-thread-9-21

Friday Prediction Thread (9/21)

I’m still of the prove it crowd. I don’t think our OL is strong enough to give Rivers the time he needs. I think Pouncey makes a huge difference in the middle, but I don’t know if he’s enough. The Rams have maybe the best offense in the NFL, so we have to play a perfect game. It can be done, but it’s hardly a safe bet.

I hate to say it but I think the Rams have the upper hand this time.
---------------
One thing that helps maybe a little is that Pouncey is used to Suh from Dolphins practices. I don't think it's enough though, and we lose 38-3.
-------------
34-30 LAC W.
I was pretty close last week.
------------
This is a tough game. The Bolts show up early and stay the whole game. Great game and Sturgis hits the game winner as time expires.
Bolts win 27-24.
-------------
I'll say it again. Chargers win this one. I know they shouldn't but they will. I can feel it.
--------------
I think the Rams are a good team but, I am not buying the hype that they are the best team in the NFL. Spending a ton of money on players doesn't seem to work out very often.The Rams beat 2 teams who aren't really that good, the Raiders and the Cardinals.

This Game is as much of a test for the Rams as it is for the Chargers because the Rams have yet to face an offense the caliber of the Chargers and they have not faced a really good defense either......

When the Chargers beat the Seahawks a few years back no one gave them a chance, they had less weapons on offense and a worse defense and they still beat the ," best team in the NFL". The one thing they did have was # 17 and he picked the Hawks to pieces....

I think the Bolts will win this one... If not it will be close but not a blow out.
-------------
Rams 24
Chargers 20

In an old fashioned slobber-knocker. Close, but not enough.

One of those games where the team loses, but actually gains credibility.
-----------
Chargers 28-24
----------
“24-20 Rams”
— head

“27-24 Bolts!”
— heart
------------
Something about "rent" will be heard at from the crowd.
-----------
30-28. Rams. We miss a 41yd kick as time expires. I drink a 5th of Jack after and call in sick to work monday.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams beat 2 teams who aren't really that good, the Raiders and the Cardinals.

I've read a few comments like this, and maybe that have a point. Thing is we are playing a team that's "only" beaten the Bills, I don't really get the argument if I'm honest.

James Otto

Starter
I've read a few comments like this, and maybe that have a point. Thing is we are playing a team that's "only" beaten the Bills, I don't really get the argument if I'm honest.

Fans are dumb, generally. Yes, we beat two bad teams, by an average of 33.5 - 6.5. That is what Super Bowl contenders do - they destroy weak teams.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And after we destroy them tomorrow, the Vikings fans will say we destroyed three weak teams.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Sounds like 99 after their 1st win in the playoffs, I believe it was Bruce that said we still have not beaten anybody.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Vikes aren’t a bad team and this is proof that every opponent must be respected as if they’re Super Bowl contenders

jjab360

Legend
Rivers is a solid dude. I've passed him a hand full of times through the years on I-565, as I live right outside of Athens, AL. I've waved at him everytime I passed him, and he always waves back.
It's hard not to like him. He gets a lot of flack because he's very emotional on the field but he's one of the few blue collar "Aw shucks" QBs left in this league after Favre retired.