VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
My question is: And replace them with who?

Hear me out. I may be completely wrong here but I think McVay is so in over his head on the offensive side of the ball that he doesn't have the capacity to manage the other sides of the ball. And that's a problem that needs to change. He's gotta give up being both HC and OC.

If we were to fire both the ST coach and D coordinator we'd be worse than we are now. Not that they're good at what they do, but because I think they're doing a better job than anyone else on the roster could. And definitely better than McVay could right now because his priorities are elsewhere.

Shanahan Jr. has run the same offense his whole life as OC and HC. Teams still struggle to stop him.

McVay got figured out 2/3 of the way through his second year (See @Bears, @Det and SB53).

A true OC that calls plays and game plans would be a benefit but does he have anything else in that offense? Has he been figured out and does he have a second act?

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Abso-fucking-lutely.

And she followed up with this:

View: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1465114735683194881?s=20

Some of us were saying this last year too. But Goff was such an easy target, even for our head coach.

Exactly. A number of us tried to point out that there were issues with the offense last year other than Goff. The o-line, personnel, failure to adapt to defenses, etc. We were pretty much shouted down.

So now it must all be Stafford's fault, right?

Ellard80

Legend
Stafford is not getting the heat Goff would get for a game like this much less the previous 2. I'm sure that's her point and she's absolutely right.
lol its not much different.. i see about half the people blaming stafford with maybe 2 people defending him...

looks pretty similar to me

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Went for a run after that pick six so I'm pretty level-headed despite that loss.

Stafford and McVay are their own worst enemies right now with their decision making in crucial situations (i.e. going long on 3rd and short). Those turnovers cost us the last three games, Morris's play calling is part of the problem but he kept Rodgers scoring 21 points without those TOs. I was expecting an offense that could remotely play patiently like some of the plays in 2020 that emphasized on YAC through the short pass game; why not implement that to this playbook to add more wrinkles that could neutralize the opposition's physicality? As much as I love Whitworth, he is finally showing his age with the whiffs he's made recently; I would be open to rotating him and Noteboom moving forward.

I believe McVay should limit himself to some of the play calling duties on offense by the end of the season and delegate it to an OC who'll keep him and Stafford in check when they want too high off of their own octane.

Still plenty of games to play and fortunately, we have the hapless Jags to start righting this ship.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ok so that answers my question. You do in fact believe that NFL teams loosing at 77% clip when their qb throws a pick 6 does not apply to our team somehow. Gotcha

Never said that. But k. Whatever makes you feel good.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
yeah i agree.. to this point what we were dreaming of seems to be evaporating.

But there is still a lot of football left to be played.
Rams imo still have a chance to improve and play a lot better. Of course we could hardly be worse in terms of turnovers and mistakes.

Hollins and Akers returning would really help. OBJ and Miller getting fully up to speed will definitely help. Not sure what is going on with Stafford, maybe nagging injuries or the oline or depletion of receivers, but we need more consistency out of him to have a chance to win any playoff games.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Went for a run after that pick six so I'm pretty level-headed despite that loss.

Stafford and McVay are their own worst enemies right now with their decision making in crucial situations (i.e. going long on 3rd and short). Those turnovers cost us the last three games, Morris's play calling is part of the problem but he kept Rodgers scoring 21 points without those TOs. I was expecting an offense that could remotely play patiently like some of the plays in 2020 that emphasized on YAC through the short pass game; why not implement that to this playbook to add more wrinkles that could neutralize the opposition's physicality? As much as I love Whitworth, he is finally showing his age with the whiffs he's made recently; I would be open to rotating him and Noteboom moving forward.

I believe McVay should limit himself to some of the play calling duties on offense by the end of the season and delegate it to an OC who'll keep him and Stafford in check when they want too high off of their own octane.

Still plenty of games to play and fortunately, we have the hapless Jags to start righting this ship.
I keep saying it but O'Connell can call plays. He was pretty credible doing that as OC his last year with Washington.

dang

Legend
There were plenty of plays where Rogers had way too much time in the pocket. I'm sure that Green Bay was getting away with a lot of holding, just like in last year's playoff game, but we had an entire year to figure out how to counter that and did nothing!
GB OL are masters of holding. They were starting to get called very late in the game but I saw bear hugs on Donald from behind that weren’t getting called.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I see a talented, injured QB in Stafford. I am not sure he can make it through the season. I don’t think we have what it takes this year to compete with the big boy teams.

dang

Legend
First- kudos to Gaines and Kupp.

Now for the venting:
I did see Reeder make 2 nice plays but the word is out for offenses to pick on him. His feet are stuck in quicksand.
Koski was shitting his pants every time he touched the ball. He needs to donate his game check to charity.
Hekker has lost any consistency.
Higbee looks lost.
Staffords turnovers are rivaling Goff’s.
Our little DBs are getting schooled.
McVay did nothing to adjust his offensive woes. Michel/Henderson could be a deadly combo if the Rams committed to it.

Being the sad homer that I am I did think it would take 4-5 weeks for Miller/OBJ to integrate so I am cautiously optimistic we will see that in the next couple of weeks.

Otherwise game over. That should do it for now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
whats the point though? looks to me like she is saying Goff would get heat and Stafford would not...

but he is..

He is getting heat, but last year, Goff was scapegoated as the entirety of the reason for losses like those of the last three weeks, despite many of us pointing out McVay's shortcomings and his role in Goff's decline. Only a few wanted to hear it, but now they can't ignore it.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
there are some for sure... but mcvay took a losing team and made it instantly into a playoff team.

martz took over a super bowl winner he helped coach and ran it into the ground.
If mcVay isn't careful the exact same thing can happen

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Shanahan Jr. has run the same offense his whole life as OC and HC. Teams still struggle to stop him.

McVay got figured out 2/3 of the way through his second year (See @Bears, @Det and SB53).

A true OC that calls plays and game plans would be a benefit but does he have anything else in that offense? Has he been figured out and does he have a second act?

One coach is 50-25 and one coach is 35-40 through 4.5 seasons. Guess which is which, please, and tell me why McVay's offenses consistently put up ~30ppg after being "figured out." That narrative is so exhausting. The lack of run game in our losses is so much more apparent.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Stafford is not hurt.

Stop with the excuses. It looks pathetic.

We are playing real defenses now and this is what we warned you about. Stafford is not some elite MVP QB. Never was. He’s a lifetime 90 QB rating guy with mediocre to poor accuracy who’s never won a playoff game in 14 years.

We are not playing depleted secondaries anymore where Stat padding is easy.

The bigger problem is the defense. Rapp and Reeder equal loss. All these 6th round draft picks have caught up to us.

Worst of is the soft zone Larie Marmie bullshit. Loserville. Get the dam CB on the WR and disrupt him!!!! World beaters in Donald and Miller have zero chance due to this idiotic soft zone.

2 weeks to adjust and zero adjustment. Simply mind boggling.
Goff apologist saying calling out Stafford injuries as excuses is the most pathetic thing.

It’s not an excuse it is factual observation telling how it’s possible his throws are so erratic.

He isn’t getting it done, his accuracy isn’t the same as it was the first 8 games of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.