VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sloramfan

Starter
yeah, stafford has been sucking lately...

i'm no longer confident like i was earlier this year...

go rams

slo

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If there's any bright spot, we kind of gave these games away. Start slow on offense, then turn it over and go down double digits is not the way to win games. WE don't turn the ball over and we might have won these games.

But for me, it's painful to watch 15-18 play drives when the opposing team's longest gain is like 7 yards. Even if we play a zone, if someone at least chips their receivers, it throws the timing off and might give our pass rush a chance to collapse the pocket.

Ellard80

Legend
If there's any bright spot, we kind of gave these games away. Start slow on offense, then turn it over and go down double digits is not the way to win games. WE don't turn the ball over and we might have won these games.

But for me, it's painful to watch 15-18 play drives when the opposing team's longest gain is like 7 yards. Even if we play a zone, if someone at least chips their receivers, it throws the timing off and might give our pass rush a chance to collapse the pocket.
we gave them 20 pts at least... two fumbles... pick 6 and missed 4th down.

and lost by 8...

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
yeah but being a Rams Fan for 30 plus years and seeing this vomit attitude all over the message board when the team was 7-3

Yeah im mad.. i hate losing.. but the attitude the last few weeks is more embarrassing to me than the football

its actually been somewhat shocking to me.

I saw this team mostly suck for most of the time ive watched it - i havent forgotten.

Ill take this over 85% of losing football ive seen since 1990
All good and well but at the end of the day the frustration is real and is wholly valid.

SB contenders don't play this way.

Remind me how many times the Montana Niners or Aikman Cowboys lost three in a row?

If they want to be an elite team, an elite organization then you can't do all the bullshit we've seen for the last three weeks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

100%
Unfortunately this team is learning to try to come from behind instead of put a deadly team away while on the road.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It would also be nice if coach would realize that if you always run on first down the other team will figure that out right away.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
let me add this.. Green Bay is the Best team in the NFC and maybe the NFL

make of it what you will but...
I agree with you about really seeing things long term. I also agree with you about Green Bay. And I can't say I expected us to win this game.

But it was our playoff loss to Green Bay last year which precipitated the Stafford trade, greatly raised fan expectations, and set a de facto benchmark for performance. McVay himself is partly to blame for the inflated expectations with the way he responded to last year and the acquisition of Stafford.

At the moment Rams aren't any better than last year. We have injuries but so did Green Bay. We still can't beat them. And, although we have been productive on offense in a number of games, our last three games and our critical loss to Arizona have been riddled with turnovers, errors, and sloppiness. Our defense is not as good.

Not what McVay hoped for. Not what this board expected. And the reality at this point in time is people just don't have much patience, not least when their expected football highs don't materialize.

Ellard80

Legend
All good and well but at the end of the day the frustration is real and is wholly valid.

SB contenders don't play this way.

Remind me how many times the Montana Niners or Aikman Cowboys lost three in a row?

If they want to be an elite team, an elite organization then you can't do all the bullshit we've seen for the last three weeks.
well... who is really a super bowl contender is hard to say at the beginning of the year..

even now = its hard to say.. a lot of teams are struggling...

BTW without looking to far into it the 49ners won a super bowl one year with a 10-6 record under montana.

TB also was 7-5 last year...

its still all out there.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is that what you want? To say I'm wrong?

Did we watch the same game? Quit acting like the pick was the reason. MS also had great plays to Van, 2 pt...ahh hell. Forget it. I'm not gonna go on some debate with you.

MS played well and kept the game competitive. This is my viewpoint and if you want to show me stats I don't give a shit about, go right ahead. I'll just scroll right past.
Ok so that answers my question. You do in fact believe that NFL teams loosing at 77% clip when their qb throws a pick 6 does not apply to our team somehow. Gotcha

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean history lesson or not, we're 0-3 when Stafford throws a pick-six. Spotting good teams 7+ points usually doesn't lead to wins, right
Yeah I mean the data is too vast to Ignore not sure how some cant see it

Ellard80

Legend
I agree with you about really seeing things long term. I also agree with you about Green Bay. And I can't say I expected us to win this game.

But it was our playoff loss to Green Bay last year which precipitated the Stafford trade, greatly raised fan expectations, and set a de facto benchmark for performance. McVay himself is partly to blame for the inflated expectations with the way he responded to last year and the acquisition of Stafford.

At the moment Rams aren't any better than last year. We have injuries but so did Green Bay. We still can't beat them. And, although we have been productive on offense in a number of games, our last three games and our critical loss to Arizona have been riddled with turnovers, errors, and sloppiness. Our defense is not as good.

Not what McVay hoped for. Not what this board expected. And the reality at this point in time is people just don't have much patience, not least when their expected football highs don't materialize.
yeah i agree.. to this point what we were dreaming of seems to be evaporating.

But there is still a lot of football left to be played.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
whats the point though? looks to me like she is saying Goff would get heat and Stafford would not...

but he is..
Stafford is not getting the heat Goff would get for a game like this much less the previous 2. I'm sure that's her point and she's absolutely right.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has McVay Martzed the Rams? Not drafting O Linemen after making it to the Superbowl
Has McVay Bulgerized Stafford? The radio guys were talking about Staffords “happy feet” when there was no pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.