VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Rodgers is one of the best of all time.... stafford were hoping finds some glory in his twilight years but he will never be aaron rodgers - because 95% are not - this isnt any epiphany.
Rodgers is great no doubt but considering the circumstances Stafford should've outplayed him. Stafford didn't have to worry about a guy named Aaron Donald while Missing his 2 best lineman.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stafford has always played through pain. I have no idea if he's been hurt but regardless it does not excuse the turnovers.

He's been pressing IMO. Trying to make shit happen. And he has to stop that. Guy like him will do like Favre all day long and wing that ball all over he's a gunslinger. Challenge for McVay is trying to work him out of that. To get him to play within the scheme.

McVay wanted a QB who will take shots when they're there. Stafford does that. But the other shit has to be fixed even if it means doing what McVay should have done with Goff early on in his struggles which is benching his ass when he's hurting the team. And I hate to sound like a broken record but running the fucking ball has always been and will always be the best way to settle a QB down.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Rodgers is great no doubt but considering the circumstances Stafford should've outplayed him. Stafford didn't have to worry about a guy named Aaron Donald while Missing his 2 best lineman.

It was the scheme. Rodgers wasn't asked to drop back and hold the ball a long time. Many passes were short and he got rid of the ball quickly. Also, AD and others were being mugged and held on almost every play and very few flags.

oldnotdead

Legend
The NFL has seen McVay's tired offense for 3 years. Too much reliance on slow-developing routes. Stafford still waiting on those slow-developing routes. McVay goes away from players and plays that work. If his game plan doesn't work he reaches instead of adjusting.

Morris continues with his dreadful soft coverages. 3rd down and 5 and the CBs are 8 yards off? WTF? McVay and Morris learned nothing and changed nothing over the bye. IMO if Goff had as much time as Stafford has had he could be playing better right now. Goff proved he can throw deep if given time. But he also showed he can nickel and dime if that's all he has.

People complained about Goff's INTs and he threw 12 in 16 games. Stafford has thrown 9 in 11 games. Last year with a far less talented team Stafford threw 10 INTs in 16 games. So what is the difference? McVay's force it downfield scheme is what the difference is. McVay is turning Stafford into another Goff i.e. forcing the ball and holding it too long. Haven't we seen this last year? Two different QBs that regress in exactly the same way. That is not a coincidence my friends. Instead of playing to Stafford's strengths, he's dictating how he must play. I smell more micro-management the same which destroyed Goff. McVay needs to listen to Stafford on how he wants to play, not continue to force round pegs into square holes.

It wasn't the trade that was bad. It's what McVay is doing with his new toy. To compound the problem McVay hires a pussy for a DC when he needs a lion. After the season McVay needs to fire Morris and hire Aubrey Pleasant as DC who is the guy McVay should have promoted to DC in the first place. McVay needs to fire DeCamillis as his STs are downright bad.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
ya but rodgers it the best all time at not turning it over..

there is no one who makes less mistakes than him in the history of QB play.
Sorry.. but I’m just not going with you on that road. Turnovers are critical and if you pay what the Rams did for Stafford, that just can’t keep happening.
This wasn’t an anomaly. Stafford has turned the ball over more than Jimmy G & Ryan T in previous 2 games.

Shuie3225

Starter
So, not 'if they beat us'? ... In your opinion, it's a foregone conclusion?
History is the best predictor of future events, and they've beaten us what 6 straight now? And how many of those were blowouts or not close?

Yes we will lose that game because they are much more physical than us and McVay gets out-coached vs Shanahan every time we play. The odds are absolutely that we lose vs SF, especially now as theyre getting more healthy. It's hard for some to look at things objectively I guess.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We ran the ball on 3rd down and 4th down on our second drive and couldn't gain 2 yards and turned the ball over on downs
No, we fumbled the ball on our second drive…but Sean showed incredible panic to go for it on 4th down on our third drive, especially on that part of the field.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I hope the Rams' players and coaches are a whole lot more mentally tough than a lot of posters here.

Well..........

A: The Rams have shown and proven on the field to NOT be mentally tough.

B: I thought it was a violation to smack talk other members on this board...especially from posters who have been here a long time and know better?

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
The Stafford trade looks so bad.. but then doubling & tripling down with Michel & Miller… ouch.

I dont think that the trade looks too bad, but the expectations in Detroit were different. Matthew is a very good QB, but I think the pressure is getting to him.

TexasRam

Legend
The NFL has seen McVay's tired offense for 3 years. Too much reliance on slow-developing routes. Stafford still waiting on those slow-developing routes. McVay goes away from players and plays that work. If his game plan doesn't work he reaches instead of adjusting.

Morris continues with his dreadful soft coverages. 3rd down and 5 and the CBs are 8 yards off? WTF? McVay and Morris learned nothing and changed nothing over the bye. IMO if Goff had as much time as Stafford has had he could be playing better right now. Goff proved he can throw deep if given time. But he also showed he can nickel and dime if that's all he has.

People complained about Goff's INTs and he threw 12 in 16 games. Stafford has thrown 9 in 11 games. Last year with a far less talented team Stafford threw 10 INTs in 16 games. So what is the difference? McVay's force it downfield scheme is what the difference is. McVay is turning Stafford into another Goff i.e. forcing the ball and holding it too long. Haven't we seen this last year? Two different QBs that regress in exactly the same way. That is not a coincidence my friends. Instead of playing to Stafford's strengths, he's dictating how he must play. I smell more micro-management the same which destroyed Goff. McVay needs to listen to Stafford on how he wants to play, not continue to force round pegs nto square holes.

It wasn't the trade that was bad. It's what McVay is doing with his new toy. To compound the problem McVay hires a pussy for a DC when he needs a lion. After the season McVay needs to fire Morris and hire Aubrey Pleasant as DC who is the guy McVay should have promoted to DC in the first place. McVay needs to fire DeCamillis as his STs are downright bad.
Agreed on the Morris hiring. It has absolutely blown up in Mcvays face.

The biggest problem I see with Mcvay's approach with Stafford is he is not coaching Stafford to play with ball security. He should be practicing and mastering throwing the ball away if the coverage dictates it. Holding the ball and taking sacks or forcing it is killing this team. Notice how Rodgers throws the ball away at the feet of the WR. Live for another play. But honestly, Stafford's inaccuracy is what it is. Going back all the way to the 1st game of the year with the Bears, Stafford was throwing behind and above WR's. WR's such as Woods were making acrobatic catches to save the throw but it continued every game. The Cards game was the first game people started really noticing the issue. But it was going on since week 1 and has continued since then. Great QB's have the ability to play their best ball, precision passing ball in big games. So far Stafford is not able to do that. Not sure how much coaching can help that.

Mcvay has made his bed and now must sleep in it. Actually, all of us will have to, unfortunately.

All the eggs were pushed in the Stafford basket. Now it's clear why some of the more knowledgeable fans raised red flags.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I dont think that the trade looks too bad, but the expectations in Detroit were different. Matthew is a very good QB, but I think the pressure is getting to him.
Oh, it’s awful right now.

You would’ve had 20 million more in cap space and 2 future firsts.

The Broncos have one less win with Teddy effing Bridgewater.

I’m sorry, this is on an awful trajectory,

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
You forgot giving away all our high draft picks for the foreseeable future
And eating big contracts sending us into salary cap hell which cost us the ability to resign several of our own players or other free agents or have enough real depth.

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
Oh, it’s awful right now.

You would’ve had 20 million more in cap space and 2 future firsts.

The Broncos have one less win with Teddy effing Bridgewater.

I’m sorry, this is on an awful trajectory,

Look I get it. he is not innocent. But when are we talking about Sean and his playcalling?

We played a banged up Packers O-Line and a banged up Packers D-Line, either those Packers replacement players are superb or we are just shit.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Look I get it. he is not innocent. But when are we talking about Sean and his playcalling?

We played a banged up Packers O-Line and a banged up Packers D-Line, either those Packers replacement players are superb or we are just shit.
I’m questioning him.

And he was the driver for Stafford.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What in the HELL ever happened to our instant sweep runs to wide receivers?!?!?!? We NEVER do them anymore.

That was a Goff thing. To help him get open receivers to throw to. Now Mcvay has his super duper qb they're too good to run those plays.

Although the turnovers and pick 6s are still happening at a furious rate.

Time to look in the mirror. Like rocky in the 3rd rocky movie. Be true to yourself and you will find the answer.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I fear there is a good recipe for disaster cooking right now for Sneed and McVay. If they don't turn this season around I can see Ownership forcing changes to the two "Most" responsible people for this failure.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The season is clearly over. This team has too many flaws to compete.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Stafford was going to play like this, we should've just kept the picks and stuck with Goff before drafting a quarterback of the future. Might I be harsh? Sure, but I expect more from Stafford.

He made one mistake today. That's it.

It was a bad one, and the QB can't give the other team points. He's done that three times in the last three games.

But the fumble is hard to put on him - Whitworth got beat immediately and Gary hit Stafford's arm in a weird way.

But saying we should have kept Goff is beyond a bad take at this point. He's not a starting caliber QB so from that perspective, evaluation of the trade is done. It had to happen to get rid of the contract.

The more relevant talking point would be to discuss how they gave him that contract in the first place.

It hasn't been Stafford's best games, but our defense isn't what it was last year. If it was we would likely be 9-1 right now. It's not fair to hold the defense to that standard - I point that out because part of your comment about saying the trade was a mistake has to do with how the team is playing overall. We didn't lose a game last year when scoring 28 points or more.

This years Cardinals, Vikings, Ravens and Packers weren't on our schedule last year. Rather than 4-0 against a bad NFC East, were 2-1 against the NFC North with a trip to Minnesota very possibly going to make that 2-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.