VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the same people who defended Goff non stop last year are now bashing Stafford for three bad games? So tiring and predictable.

Goff isn't a starting caliber QB so its time to let that go. Trading him for Tyrod Taylor straight up would have been a net positive (please don't try to say Taylor has more talent around him than Goff).

Adding the first round picks to get any competent QB was going to be necessary.

Stafford has played bad. Goff played bad last year. Stafford cannot continue to turn the ball over.

That's me being consistent. But if you defended Goff last year and now pile on Stafford? Hypocritical, unfortunately expected, yet disgusting all the same.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

stafford has been a one man losing machine.

the rams are in a two score hole by the time the 1st qtr is over. three weeks in a row. the defense is having enough trouble as it is without having to always try to defend two scores down for the whole game. just take care of the ball and stop throwing pick 6s.

mcvay needs to slap some sense into stafford before it's too late. he wanted him for a reason. make sure he does what he wants him to do. make sure he's ready from the kickoff to play well. bring in the quacks to figure out what's going on inside stafford's head.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Gotta right the ship quick if we want to compete, as of now it looks like we're in a bit of trouble. The "Stafford isn't good and can't beat winning teams" crowd are having a field day with this recent slump, and it's getting harder to argue against that.

We have a lot of talent, but I'm thinking we're having scheme issues, both on offence and definitely on defence.

ST has been absolutely horrid and not just this year. That's a major flaw in our team and needs to be addressed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will because it's laugable if you actually think Stafford had a "good game"

in real life he was fucking horrible, sprinkled in with two fantastic long bombs. balls were high, low, behind, late, you name it.

for my fantasy team he was very good. scored a lot of points and led me to a win.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not sure McVay sticks around much longer.

When the bill comes due, he'll be burned out and will take an announcer position for a couple years before coming back to coach the 49ers a few years later, when he's wiser and energized and fuck just kill me now

The Ramowl

Starter
that's the crux of all the fire morris talk. he has hall of fame talent on defense and they can't do shit. i don't care about other lessor players, blah, blah, blah. if you make AD, ramsey and miller, plus floyd look neutered your scheme has to absolutely be a fucking train wreck.

Absolutely, Rodgers should have been sacked like 5 times. For some reason we are incapable of putting serious pressure on the opposing quarterback. And then our secondary shits the bed half the time, so yeah not looking great...
I agree, I hold Morris responsible, I gave him the benefit of the doubt for 8 weeks, but now there's no excuses anymore, we should be better. Ramsey looked frustrated all night and rightfully so imo, I hope they also don't end up losing the players.

The Ramowl

Starter

When the bill comes due, he'll be burned out and will take an announcer position for a couple years before coming back to coach the 49ers a few years later, when he's wiser and energized and fuck just kill me now
To be fair to McVay, he's bleeding coordinators at a rate I've never seen. The guy has been a HC for 4 years and he already has a massive coaching tree : 3 HC are ex McVay coordinators, and I'm not counting the DCs and OCs. At some point it is inevitable to have a year when the coordinator group is not elite, can't score homeruns on every offseason.

I think what he needs is to stop being the OC, hire someone he trusts, let him call plays, take some distance. He's trying to do too much by himself and that pushes him into being repetitive, overworked, predictable, make bad decisions. I still think he's a great HC, but right now he needs to talk to his therapist and reevaluate his role and position to put himself in a better position to succeed.

It's a bad month, it has happended to good tems before, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Could see it actually lol

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Well, I thought it was a more competitive game than last year's blowout playoff loss at GB.

I count 17 GB points off our TO's versus 3 points off 1 TO from GB.

Doubled up on TofP yet again, little to no pressure on GB QB on obvious passing situations. Special team kick return units are nearly unwatchable. Punter is playing his way off team

If the Rams play mistake free they can beat anybody (freezing cold and high wind road game excepted) .

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To be fair to McVay, he's bleeding coordinators at a rate I've never seen. The guy has been a HC for 4 years and he already has a massive coaching tree : 3 HC are ex McVay coordinators, and I'm not counting the DCs and OCs. At some point it is inevitable to have a year when the coordinator group is not elite, can't score homeruns on every offseason.

I think what he needs is to stop being the OC, hire someone he trusts, let him call plays, take some distance. He's trying to do too much by himself and that pushes him into being repetitive, overworked, predictable, make bad decisions. I still think he's a great HC, but right now he needs to talk to his therapist and reevaluate his role and position to put himself in a better position to succeed.

It's a bad month, it has happended to good tems before, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

I'm not ready to give up on McVay, but I am concerned about his lack of intensity this season. His decision making isn't as sharp right now... or at least doesn't appear to be to my eyes. I worry about his headspace, if this SB or bust season does indeed bust.

He looked so excited about the Packers missed FG, in a game the Rams had all but just conceded by punting when down by 11 points having not shown any ability to get their O off the field with the clock ticking....
What!? Dude should've been waaayyyy too pissed off to be excited and high 5-ing himself over a missed FG.
My daughter said "you'd understand that excitement if WE scored there".

He needs to go sit on his water cooler and figure some shit out. He'll feel better, the players will too and us fans can breathe a sigh of relief that our young bright HC has still got some aces to play.

The Ramowl

Starter
I'm not ready to give up on McVay, but I am concerned about his lack of intensity this season. His decision making isn't as sharp right now... or at least doesn't appear to be to my eyes. I worry about his headspace, if this SB or bust season does indeed bust.

He looked so excited about the Packers missed FG, in a game the Rams had all but just conceded by punting when down by 11 points having not shown any ability to get their O off the field with the clock ticking....
What!? Dude should've been waaayyyy too pissed off to be excited and high 5-ing himself over a missed FG.
My daughter said "you'd understand that excitement if WE scored there".

He needs to go sit on his water cooler and figure some shit out. He'll feel better, the players will too and us fans can breathe a sigh of relief that our young bright HC has still got some aces to play.
To me it was the running play for a 1st down with 0:55 on the clock in the 4th that really made me think he has a mental/concentration/overload issue, it was absolute nonsense.
It's a really tough job with an inherently high pressure, and he takes more weight on himself than he should, which honestly is a mistake I would attribute to youth and still a certain degree of inexperience. I absolutely agree he needs to reassess some things, I hope it does it soon.

I don't think he goes though, Kroenke is an owner that doesn't fire easily (Wenger stayed at Arsenal for waaay too long per example). I also don't think he would have any reason to want to leave, good market and he has the trust of the whole organization.

Tano

Legend
Reeder was just horrible yesterday.

My wife was getting awfully tired of me yelling at Reeder.

Tano

Legend
And Williams playing 10 to 15 yards off the receiver does not help on 3rd and 9.

Seems like they always give up 8 yards on those downs.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Kupp - From your High-Five, I'm not sure you understood my comment.

I was commenting about your 'waste of time' post. That's the lack of mental toughness I was referring to.

Hey, this sucks right now. I am frustrated and disappointed too. The Team is reeling but there are only three teams in the NFC with a better record than the Rams; and a 5-6 team would qualify for the playoffs.
The way they are playing and being coached it does not matter. They are not good. This is the year the old rams come back to roost.
This team is toast. The evidence is overwhelming. Just my observation.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
So, not 'if they beat us'? ... In your opinion, it's a foregone conclusion?
Yes, they will lose to the 9ers. 9ers have the Better coach, better qb, better Team.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
History is the best predictor of future events, and they've beaten us what 6 straight now? And how many of those were blowouts or not close?

Yes we will lose that game because they are much more physical than us and McVay gets out-coached vs Shanahan every time we play. The odds are absolutely that we lose vs SF, especially now as they're getting more healthy. It's hard for some to look at things objectively I guess.
Based upon your first sentence, the Rams should have easily beaten the Cardinals.

I don't disagree with your analysis, and share your current anger, frustration and disappointment.

Saying 'Yes, we will lose' or 'after they beat us' does not suggest Objectivity. Sounds more Defeatist to me. Now you do couch it above with 'the odds are absolutely we will lose'.

Personally, I simply remain hopeful that the Rams will play much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.