VENT Vent Thread: Rams @ Lioms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I totally understand… I’m more mad at acuri if he don’t get facemask no ot Whittington scores instead of field goal
If you are mad at Acuri you should also be mad at Noteboom for a phantom injury and the starting LT for not being available.

I will join you at being mad at our entire LT group, because all of them let us down.

LOURam85

Rookie
If you are mad at Acuri you should also be mad at Noteboom for a phantom injury and the starting LT for not being available.

I will join you at being mad at our entire LT group, because all of them let us down.
I’m more mad at that one play I understand it was a tall task for him .. but that one play Whitt was gone score regardless it was no neeed to go for facemask

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not going to vent because the odds here in the UK of the Rams winning the NFC went back out to 16/1.

So I've placed £20.

That must be the first bet I have made in 20+ years, but I feel good about this team.

I've only seen the highlights as of now and injuries aside, nothing concerns me.

The Lions are a good team, and I have a sneaking suspicion we will meet them again in the playoffs, but with a different ending.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We played well for everyone we lost to injury. The question is how do we field an O-line this week.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp dropping pass on 4th down...

Stafford INT in the Endzone

Penalty on 1 yard line on Whittinghams TD.

Durant not coming down with the INT

We win by 7-14 points without those plays.

And add in Stafford missing Kupp on that 3rd and 10 late.

And here's the beautiful thing....almost none of those were forced errors. We truly should have beat this team easily. I feel confident in saying we are the better team after that

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
What fricking Grit this team has.

Detroit has Grit??? Give me a break, they are a dirty team. And just stop with the Ja-Red Goff chants. Look we know you like him but you know what, if you surrounded 9 with any sort of semblance of a team, Detroit would have 2-3 SB's in their trophy case by now. Cant stand them and hope we see them again in January.

I had a dream last night we won the Super Bowl in Feb. I had this same dream in the 21 season. End around with Kupp for the walk off win. I dont remember who it was against. Good omen.

If you buy stock, you better buy stock in the LA Rams right now!!

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did he even play ? I don’t remember seeing him

I don't think so. But after seeing Montgomery get hit before the 1st down marker and power his way for a 1st down a few times Mcvay may have a change of heart on who he wants manning the middle of the field.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Amazing the Rams do not play anyone in preseason and cannot make it through the first half of games without multiple injuries, whereas, Andy Reid plays his main guys and they are just fine. It is so damn frustrating. When Noteboom had to take over for Jackson, my concern is, he would not make it through two games, hell, he didn't even make it through one half of the first game. I understand every team deals with this, but this year, it has already hit the Rams hard and I was so upset because if the Rams had everyone healthy, they win the game.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Enough with the celebration bullshit.
Second string Oline on the road in a hostile environment, and we call 2 passes for every rush attempt in a very close game? This loss is on the play calling. At one point it was 4 pass attempts to every rush. Unacceptable.
But you guys can keep talking about how good we did.
They moved the ball and controlled the clock for the most part with a patchwork OL. The gameplan worked.

They failed to convert a 4th down and the play was there, Kupp dropped it.

The only issue I had was the end around at the goal line. I run it 3 times right up the middle with Williams there. Eventually he gains a yard.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I don't think so. But after seeing Montgomery get hit before the 1st down marker and power his way for a 1st down a few times Mcvay may have a change of heart on who he wants manning the middle of the field.

Reeder played a heck of a game.

Psycho_X

Legend
I love this team, they fought through some unbelievable shit last night and should have won the game still. If we can weather this injury storm I still believe we are Super Bowl contenders after last night. I don't blame a very young defense for getting ran over in OT. They played great most of the game against one of the best offenses in the NFL. This team has "it". We just need 1 fucking ounce of injury luck. Sigh.

Glass half full about injuries? I'm trying to stay positive here....

LT - Jackson will be back for game 3. Noteboom... probably not season ending so should be back to give us a quarter of play if needed.
LG - Jackson will be fine playing here if Avila is out for season.
Limmer - looks like a stud at Center and this might be a blessing in the end.
RG - Dotson played through whatever injury he had so shouldn't be a long term injury.
RT - Hav will be back soon

WR - Puka is depressing but out of any position we've got the most depth here probably. If he's out an extended time it makes us weaker but isn't end of the world. Hopefully he'll be back for a playoff push at very least.

So, the next couple of weeks is going to suck ass. Hopefully we can squeak out a win against the Cardinals with whatever disaster we have to start at O-line next week and make it to Whiners and Bears game with most of a starting o-line. The Bears offense sucked but their defense is looking like one of the best this season. Gonna need the big guys for weeks 3 and 4.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As far as how they played I can’t complain.

As for the injuries, there has to be something they can do differently. Having this many injuries to start the season is unsustainable and not the norm. Maybe they are just too soft on the players? Maybe the way the train? Maybe they are too cautious and they don’t want it bad enough to sacrifice even though they are being paid stupid money?

Noteboom is made of glass, we’ve known that for years, but he’s still here taking up space.

Hav not starting is concerning, he is supposed to be leading that group.

Avila after not missing any time last year. Did playing next to Boom cause that?

Whatever Jackson did, made things worse but at least he isn’t hurt, yet.

Hopefully Mcvay has a plan and will pull all of them together for some soul searching that will solidify what was supposed to be a strength. Without them, this team isn’t making the playoffs.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I hate it when we see McVay channeling his inner Mike Martz, but I also don't want to see Jeff Fisher ball. Can we please find some middle ground. Also, not playing any starters in the pre-season only to have these many injuries in the first regular season game is a head scratcher.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Amazing the Rams do not play anyone in preseason and cannot make it through the first half of games without multiple injuries, whereas, Andy Reid plays his main guys and they are just fine. It is so damn frustrating. When Noteboom had to take over for Jackson, my concern is, he would not make it through two games, hell, he didn't even make it through one half of the first game. I understand every team deals with this, but this year, it has already hit the Rams hard and I was so upset because if the Rams had everyone healthy, they win the game.
I was noticing the same thing about the chief's resiliency and consistency whenever they play. good coach and great people around him.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think the defense really did well considering they just played the best OL in the league and a top 5 team…. Have to remember the Rams have the cheapest and youngest defense in the league. The offense had multiple chances to win this game but made a few too many mistakes. Not a bad loss.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Don't forget this was week one......its phantom football results. Don't expect every team to look like they did in week one. If Detroit looks like this all year they will be lucky to win 7 games.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This was a road game against a team some feel is Superbowl ready. With a MASH unit for an offensive line the Rams battled back and took it to overtime. Think of what they can do if the line gets healthy.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
A few more thoughts having had time to digest:

- I'll echo the others saying they are proud of this team and it's resilience. It would have been easy to fall apart after they went down 17-3. Instead they snatched momentum away from Lions and fought back to take the lead.

- I'm not going to be with those getting down on Fiske and Verse. These are two rookies playing their very first meaningful snaps in the NFL.

- When our OL is healthy, we might have a bit of a logjam of talent in the middle given how Limmer played. I like having "problems" like that.

- Would have liked to seen Corum get some touches. We heard all camp he was doing great, so what was it that kept him off the field? In a few of those situations, his 15 extra lbs. of muscle relative to KW might have gained us some yards.

- Would have also liked to see Speights get a few snaps.

- I can see why Tyler Johnson made the roster.

- We have to be smarter in situations like those where the Rams got the ball back with 4 minutes to play. We could have ended the game right there. It starts with the HC, but it also works its way down the roster.

- Acuri is 3rd stringer for a reason. That being said, he's not Demby/Bobby Evans bad and could possible develop into quality depth.

- I hope we see those dirty fuckers in the playoffs and I hope we drive a dagger right into their hearts and rip them out, Aztec human sacrifice style.

Status
Not open for further replies.