VENT Vent Thread: Rams @ Lioms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I really wanted to beat the Lions but I'm not overly disappointed in this loss. Down two starting Tackles I had adjusted my expectations a bit going into this one.

Wasn't long after Nacua and Booms injuries and Staffords ankles started getting attacked that I was ready for them to just get through the game without any more injuries. To be honest that was the first time that I felt that way about a Rams game. Not even against the Niners with as physical as they are. The Lions are gonna take out a lot of good football players this year im afraid.

Nervously waiting for injury updates. Hopefully they weren't too bad so we can get back on track sooner than later. This Rams team when healthy should be good one.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I really wanted to beat the Lions but I'm not overly disappointed in this loss. Down two starting Tackles I had adjusted my expectations a bit going into this one.

Wasn't long after Nacua and Booms injuries and Staffords ankles started getting attacked that I was ready for them to just get through the game without any more injuries. To be honest that was the first time that I felt that way about a Rams game. Not even against the Niners with as physical as they are. The Lions are gonna take out a lot of good football players this year im afraid.

Nervously waiting for injury updates. Hopefully they weren't too bad so we can get back on track sooner than later. This Rams team when healthy should be good one.
They are a dirty bunch. That starts at the top....

ozarkram

Duke of Earl
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should have won. Sucks. Eat crap Lions if you make it to the playoffs we will be waiting.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
To me its simple, how many points do we win by if our OL didn't get absolutely decimated? IMO, 10 points.

Give the Kitties the same injuries and do you think they win this game? No chance in hell. That last drive was all about their starting OL (and we were gassed).

Man, if Stafford completes that throw to Kupp to extend the drive in the 4th...
Or if Kupp catches it rather. It hit him in both hands and was potentially a TD since his man fell down.
I'm not even sure how to feel about the game but I know I'm tired of these injuries. This feels spiritual at this point. We've seriously lost so many guys and we're a game into the season.
I'd venture to say we had the most injuries of any team in the league last night and with zero preseason minutes played. So f'ing frustrating. Puka is sure to go to at least the 4 game IR, so is Avila.

The worst player on the field for either team is easily Acuri. He erased 7 points and was the reason Stafford couldn't set his feet for that 3rd down throw to Kupp that would have iced the game. If the kitties are handing out an MVP for that game, its him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Enough with the celebration bullshit.
Second string Oline on the road in a hostile environment, and we call 2 passes for every rush attempt in a very close game? This loss is on the play calling. At one point it was 4 pass attempts to every rush. Unacceptable.
But you guys can keep talking about how good we did.
Did you see something I missed? I didn’t see many big runs when they did run.

If they were 100% healthy then I think they run the ball. I doubt the backups would have been all that successful against the lions defense. If McVay had faith that they could run block I think he would have run.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me its simple, how many points do we win by if our OL didn't get absolutely decimated? IMO, 10 points.

Give the Kitties the same injuries and do you think they win this game? No chance in hell. That last drive was all about their starting OL (and we were gassed).

Or if Kupp catches it rather. It hit him in both hands and was potentially a TD since his man fell down.

I'd venture to say we had the most injuries of any team in the league last night and with zero preseason minutes played. So f'ing frustrating. Puka is sure to go to at least the 4 game IR, so is Avila.

The worst player on the field for either team is easily Acuri. He erased 7 points and was the reason Stafford couldn't set his feet for that 3rd down throw to Kupp that would have iced the game. If the kitties are handing out an MVP for that game, its him.
Lucky for us the cardinals, bears, and maybe the packers without Jordan Love means we can limp into the bye with a decent record.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Can someone help me here? McVay held Corum and Wittington out of pre season as well as a couple others. So I expected them to get in the game but never saw them even as we were losing players to injury. Can someone tell me why?

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Can someone help me here? McVay held Corum and Wittington out of pre season as well as a couple others. So I expected them to get in the game but never saw them even as we were losing players to injury. Can someone tell me why?
Whittington Scored a TD.....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whittington had a jet sweep td called back due to a penality on Acuri. As for their lack of playing time, I'm gonna assume that a high intensity first game of their professional career steered Mcvay to sparing them this week. Especially with all the chaos with injuries.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Whittington had a jet sweep td called back due to a penality on Acuri. As for their lack of playing time, I'm gonna assume that a high intensity first game of their professional career steered Mcvay to sparing them this week. Especially with all the chaos with injuries.
Then why not play them in preseason, I don't get it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then why not play them in preseason, I don't get it.
I think they likely showed enough that he doesn't want to risk them getting injured in preseason. But also felt that he wanted to lean on the vets in a chaotic environment. We'll see them both next game I bet.

Ellard80

Legend
Did you see something I missed? I didn’t see many big runs when they did run.

If they were 100% healthy then I think they run the ball. I doubt the backups would have been all that successful against the lions defense. If McVay had faith that they could run block I think he would have run.
McVay also said on the post game that Detroit's defensive setup was daring them to pass.

I'm guessing they didn't think our protection could hold up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think we were the better team for a lot of the game and quite honestly wasn't that impressed with the Lions.

Ready for a real LT this loss is as much on AJ for not being there as Boom for getting hurt yet again. He played fairly well until then and had some good wins vs Hutchinson but Boom can't stay on the field he's useless to us.

Defense you can tell is young but I'm not worried about them as there will be growing pains. Our NT was beaten a lot especially in the 4th and OT.

Plenty of positives but still think we gave this one away.

RamWoodie

Legend
Nothing to day really except the Rams got pushed around up front and they just gotta get to FUNDAMENTAL TACKLING!!! You gotta stop the legs from!!! Hitting high doesn't stop the legs.

Well fought game under the injury circumstances!

Status
Not open for further replies.