VENT Vent Thread: Rams @ Lioms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were not going to ram the ball down Detroit's throat at the end of the game with 2nd string linemen against the #1 rushing defense in the NFL last year.

in fact a big reason we did not kill more clock was because they tried to run the ball on 1st down and lost two yards to make it 2 and 12.
That's exactly what I'm saying though. I knew that drive was gonna start with a bad run and then two passes. It seems to always go that way. Recency bias probably on my part though.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yeah when it came down to it Ben Johnson just ran at will. I hope the injuries are minor. We have a good team on our hands.
it was the smart move. our D was on the field the last 4 minutes of regulation. Totally gassed.

Ellard80

Legend
Enough with the celebration bullshit.
Second string Oline on the road in a hostile environment, and we call 2 passes for every rush attempt in a very close game? This loss is on the play calling. At one point it was 4 pass attempts to every rush. Unacceptable.
But you guys can keep talking about how good we did.
nah the short passing game was definitely the smart move. Detroit had the #1 rushing defense last year and we were down to 2nd string lineman.

Ellard80

Legend
That's exactly what I'm saying though. I knew that drive was gonna start with a bad run and then two passes. It seems to always go that way. Recency bias probably on my part though.
The false start penalty as well made it 2nd and 17

dang

Legend
Lot to be optimistic about. But known weaknesses were exposed. Need to work on them asap. They ain’t going away.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
nah the short passing game was definitely the smart move. Detroit had the #1 rushing defense last year and we were down to 2nd string lineman.
We'll never know but yeah I suspect more runs may have just sped the game to a quicker win for Detroit. Stafford sustaining drives is what kept us in this game, that and the defense making timely stops for much of it.

Tano

Legend
Same old story. I don't know the reason, but McVay's team rarely closes out on offense or puts the dagger in when they have them down. Usually the D has to make a stop at the end.
And usually it's Donald who makes the key play

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe some year we’ll actually draft a MLB that can stop the run , and not disappear in crunch time.
So close , but a loss is a loss.
Not sure what to think with all the injuries. Dammit

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
it was the smart move. our D was on the field the last 4 minutes of regulation. Totally gassed.
Yeah, back to back possessions in situations like that are killer. They were gassed.

They lost that game when they couldn't run out those last 4 minutes or at least most of those 4 minutes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Detroit is a dirty fucking team. I don't care what anyone says. They had multiple incidents of more contact than they should have, to include shit like grabbing Stafford's wrapped ankle. Fuck those bastards and I'm gonna be glad when they get knocked out of the playoffs. Because they're gonna get knocked out.

There was another one earlier in the game when one lineman dove behind Stafford's legs and another one pushed him late over the top of the guy on the ground. That's where stafford hurt his ankle. It looked too choreographed to be an accident.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
We lost. Let it go. 16 games left. Limmer is the starting Center and if not for the Jackson contract would probably have been to start the season. That said it's good they gave Jackson that contract so now he can settle into left Guard if Avila can't go. When Hav and Alric get back this O will roll.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And, the OT rules are pretty screwed up.
Gotta say that if you can't stop a team from scoring a TD on their first possession you don't deserve the dub. We could be all fair and give both teams possessions and waste even more of people's evenings, or just let defense matter and fucking call it.

Ellard80

Legend
all that being said I figured this game was going to be a close game but likely a loss.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Gotta say that if you can't stop a team from scoring a TD on their first possession you don't deserve the dub. We could be all fair and give both teams possessions and waste even more of people's evenings, or just let defense matter and fucking call it.
Yeah, but there’s a reason Campbell was cheering when they won the toss.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe some year we’ll actually draft a MLB that can stop the run , and not disappear in crunch time.
So close , but a loss is a loss.
Not sure what to think with all the injuries. Dammit

We thought speights was gonna be that guy.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Also, McVay is absolutely god awful in putting games away. We have seen way too many times the inability to put teams down. He gets way too cute with his playcalling.
This.

It seems almost heretical to say anything negative about the coach who has turned around this franchise and won us a Super Bowl, but nobody is perfect. Take the field goal. Run the ball. Use those big tight ends. Don’t try to prove you’re the smartest guy in the room on every single play.

Other than that, really proud of the guys tonight. The young defence gave their all and just ran out of steam. The offence did as well as could be expected given all the injuries.

Let’s hope that we can rebound with a win next week. And, even though it’s only week one, let’s grab the best available tackle in next year’s draft.

TXRams86

The Infamous
We lost. Let it go. 16 games left. Limmer is the starting Center and if not for the Jackson contract would probably have been to start the season. That said it's good they gave Jackson that contract so now he can settle into left Guard if Avila can't go. When Hav and Alric get back this O will roll.
This is the vent thread. We'll "let it go" when this thread gets locked tomorrow. Until then, let the people vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.