VENT Vent Thread: Rams @ Lioms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Can someone help me here? McVay held Corum and Wittington out of pre season as well as a couple others. So I expected them to get in the game but never saw them even as we were losing players to injury. Can someone tell me why?
Throw Tutu on that list. Held out of preseason suggesting he's a big part of our offense.

There is no real reason 3rd stringer Corum shouldn't have gotten some practice snaps in preseason.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And they were right.
Yes, but they should have won the game. Dropped 4th down pass and a redzone INT, not to mention the botched end around at the goal line.

McVay look an offense whose OL was playing their 4th & 5th OTs, and a rookie center. They were also missing their dynamic #2 WR, yet they were right there to win the game on the road in the loudest stadium against a SB favorite.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well, last year KC lost their opening game against Detroit in prime time, then went on to win the SB...

So I see a trend here.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Just finished watching this morning...thoughts:

1) The Football gods need to go fuck themselves with this injury bullshit. You got your pound of flesh in '22. They need to fucking pay up for this crap.

2) Lots of good things in the second half but I want to throw a brick through the TV after watching the complete inability of the defense to get a stop over the last two minutes and OT.

Could have and frankly I think should have stolen that W.

Psycho_X

Legend

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just really sucks to lose that game.
Rams take the lead with 4.5 minutes left and then proceed to force a 3 and out
At that point they were dominating in 1st downs, total yards and TOP

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
We are, IMHO, way too reliant on Matthew Stafford playing hero ball. He is an all world future HOF QB, no doubt about it. I just wish we would sometimes makes it easier on the offense. Having a solid run game is important and we really don’t seem to put it all together. No carries for Blake Corum? Why are we starting the game off with like 7 consecutive passes?

Also, McVay is absolutely god awful in putting games away. We have seen way too many times the inability to put teams down. He gets way too cute with his playcalling.

I thought the defense played fantastic. The LBs are obviously a problem but ARSB having his worst game as a Lion is saying something. That is a really good offense and they’re going to put up a ton of points this year.

Overall I just loved watching the team compete. Let’s get healthy and get ready to cook some bird next week.
As CC noted, Rozeboom and Reeder, over all, weren't bad. They didn't make any game-changing plays but were not a liability as both have been at times previously.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have multiple times. We're not gonna agree so I see no point in discussing it.
I don’t recall. What did you see that didn’t impress you about Stafford’s game last night? I can’t think of a single NFC QB that could have pulled that off.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
I saw Mahomes play in the preseason, maybe we need to play everyone in preseason so we can see who will be injured before the real games start. Imagine what the plan could have been if all these plyers were hurt in preseason. we avoided that, now we are living it. Go Rams.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I don’t recall. What did you see that didn’t impress you about Stafford’s game last night? I can’t think of a single NFC QB that could have pulled that off.
Again. We're not gonna agree so what's the point in discussing it? I don't believe he's the best qb in the nfc. I have made that clear multiple times in the past and explained why and you and others didn't agree with it and even questioned my Fandom (not saying you did but others did) for having a difference of opinion. That's why I see no point.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing to add to all your posts. Very proud of this team.

I have always been a Goff supporter, and still am, but after watching Mathew Stafford last night... there is no fucking comparison. Stafford is a stud and certain hall of famer.

Lastly, the injuries to the O-line did us in. Hopefully, some will return and the Rams will get back on track. With Stafford at QB, this team will always have a chance.

PS - I'd cut Noteboom immediately. I saw him get bowled over and the next thing you know he was gone. Sad. I believe his roster spot can be better utilized. Who was that big free agent tackle we signed off the street a couple years ago? Just kidding, but I hope McSnead has a plan.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Yes, but they should have won the game. Dropped 4th down pass and a redzone INT, not to mention the botched end around at the goal line.

McVay look an offense whose OL was playing their 4th & 5th OTs, and a rookie center. They were also missing their dynamic #2 WR, yet they were right there to win the game on the road in the loudest stadium against a SB favorite.
You forgot MCvay going for it on 4th down, 6:50 left in the 2nd quarter FROM the Lions 23 yard line right after Stafford took a big shot.
Take the points coach. Too early to try that stuff. 3 points there and we win a tough game from a Super Bowl level type team, in their very loud house on Sunday night.
It was a easy decision for me. It was a 3-3 game and that FG would give us the lead, and the WIN !
McVay is like a lot of smart guys, out thinks himself from time to time.
Usually, simple is good.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yeah, back to back possessions in situations like that are killer. They were gassed.

They lost that game when they couldn't run out those last 4 minutes or at least most of those 4 minutes.
This. We had opportunities to put them away and just couldn't capitalize. You can't let the lions have the ball last with a chance to win the gm. The odds are not in our favor in those situations.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not gonna criticize him going for it on 4th down because I was cheering his ass when he made the call. But the truth is as the head coach you are to be criticized any time it doesn't work. And it didn't work. Real shame Kupp couldn't bring that ball in.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If the Rams execute better on just 2 offensive snaps, good chance they win.
The holding call on the goal line & the Stafford INT.

I really don’t have any critique of the coaching.
If the Rams won the coin toss, who knows?

Stafford played incredibly well, considering pressure.
Let’s hope they at least get Hav back next week. Maybe they’ll be able to run more.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I can't say more than what everyone else already have.

I can say that our team really did a great job everything considered. Better than I would have guessed being beat up so soon.

Stafford is amazing.

I find it interesting that the Lions painted the endzones the exact same color of their uniform. I wonder if they did that on purpose. That interception Stafford threw was right to the defender. I wonder if he didn't see him because of a camouflage effect. The way Stafford held his head afterwards seemed like he was surprised. If the Lions did do that on purpose I have to give some props for that mad level of thinking.

I feel good about our chances this year.

GO RAMS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.