VENT Vent Thread: Rams @ Lioms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Our run defense fell apart on that last drive and that was pathetic.
As usual, not going for the field goal on 4th down made a huge difference at the end.
It seems most times that's the case.
Especially when it was fourth and five.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
That Arizona defense was bad today. I like our chances.
Yeah, they have zero playmakers on defense.

Apropos of nothing, I had a lot of bad receiver play in Fantasy this weekend though none were MJH bad (1 rec, 4 yds).

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Our run defense fell apart on that last drive and that was pathetic.
As usual, not going for the field goal on 4th down made a huge difference at the end.
It seems most times that's the case.
Especially when it was fourth and five.

Our defense played about 4 and a half minutes in the final quarter. They immediately came back on the field in OT, they were exhausted. Also arguably against the best Oline in the league. Before that last drive in OT they held the lions in check pretty much the entire game. I don't have any complaints about our Defensive scheme or players at this point, they actually looked pretty damn good until OT. I'll give them a pass.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This. We had opportunities to put them away and just couldn't capitalize. You can't let the lions have the ball last with a chance to win the gm. The odds are not in our favor in those situations.
If the Rams line was healthy, I’d say the Rams likely run out the clock with the running game

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, they have zero playmakers on defense.

Apropos of nothing, I had a lot of bad receiver play in Fantasy this weekend though none were MJH bad (1 rec, 4 yds).
Seeing Murray miss him on that game winning TD must've drove you nuts.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Seeing Murray miss him on that game winning TD must've drove you nuts.
Didn't see the game. Listened to most of the 3rd in the car.

When I saw that stat-line I laughed. How fucking Arizona Cardinals is that!?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't see the game. Listened to most of the 3rd in the car.

When I saw that stat-line I laughed. How fucking Arizona Cardinals is that!?
Lol he had Harrison wide open on a busted coverage to win the game and never saw him. Would've been a 50 plus yard walk in touchdown.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
If the Rams line was healthy, I’d say the Rams likely run out the clock with the running game
Maybe. Maybe not. We'll never know. Hopefully if/when we see them again we're healthier across-the-board.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Throw Tutu on that list. Held out of preseason suggesting he's a big part of our offense.

There is no real reason 3rd stringer Corum shouldn't have gotten some practice snaps in preseason.
Yes it doesn't make any sense. I think McVay's ideas on pre season play are ridiculous and could be the reason our O-line is devastated with injuries.
I expected to see Whit in the game as soon as Puka went out. What is he doing?

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
And don't tell me Havenstein isn't always hurt because he missed another big game. Both he and Boom can't stay on the field. There I vented.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yes it doesn't make any sense. I think McVay's ideas on pre season play are ridiculous and could be the reason our O-line is devastated with injuries.
I expected to see Whit in the game as soon as Puka went out. What is he doing?
Think it was Andrew Whitworth who recently commented on this fallacy by explaining that he played way more snaps during the scrimmages the Rams do with other teams when he was still playing than he ever did during preseason games in the past. And this year the Rams had 4 different scrimmages with other teams. I think they are getting plenty of real work in. If anything, I wish McVay would tone down the scrimmages because we had several injuries come out of those (Puka, Hav, etc).
And don't tell me Havenstein isn't always hurt because he missed another big game. Both he and Boom can't stay on the field. There I vented.
Boom sure but don't have much evidence to support Havenstein who has been a warrior his whole career here. Starting in 130 of a possible 147 games (2019 being 7 of those 17 missed) and never missing a playoff game if I remember correctly. Dude has been a rock on our line. Turned ankles are going to happen and is unavoidable to miss a game or two here and there.
1725910912173.png

Attachments

• 1725910894711.png
    1725910894711.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 12

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Our defense played about 4 and a half minutes in the final quarter. They immediately came back on the field in OT, they were exhausted. Also arguably against the best Oline in the league. Before that last drive in OT they held the lions in check pretty much the entire game. I don't have any complaints about our Defensive scheme or players at this point, they actually looked pretty damn good until OT. I'll give them a pass.
The only pass I'll give them is that we had some rookie starters and injuries.
Remember that the Detroit offensive line and Montgomery also played four quarters before going beast mode for the win.
At least now they have some real tape to look at to work with the rookies and improve them.
Teams are now going to try to work us over on the run. Once they realize they can establish the run we're going to be in more trouble.
As far as I'm concerned?
No excuses. We have to do better in stopping the run. Remember, that's how they beat us last time in the playoffs as well.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I can't get super pissed. With the injuries we faced on the OL and losing Puka, this was a hell of a comeback down 17-3. Yes penalties and that INT in the end zone ended up costing the L, but these guy battled. Detroit, for all the jokes, is a legit SB contender and that building was rocking like the GSOT days. I mean, in OT they showed why they have a top 5 OL., they just ran us over. We have a pretty young team, especially on D. I think they will only get better. We just have to pray the injuries don't keep piling up.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so. But after seeing Montgomery get hit before the 1st down marker and power his way for a 1st down a few times Mcvay may have a change of heart on who he wants manning the middle of the field.

Yea , that play was costly. Then Goff running for the first down late in the game. The D played well for the most part , until the Lions imposed their will at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.