VENT Vent Thread: Rams @ Lioms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not much into moral victories. But Stafford was really good behind a makeshift offensive line. Without Puka. Bringing them back with that deficit and forcing overtime. Imagine what he can do when more guys are healthy and playing.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Whittington had a jet sweep td called back due to a penality on Acuri. As for their lack of playing time, I'm gonna assume that a high intensity first game of their professional career steered Mcvay to sparing them this week. Especially with all the chaos with injuries.
I don't know man but I think all this fear about injuries in the preseason is hurting the Rams. Scrimmages are not games under the lights with fans and everyone going at 110% All of this trying to protect players may be backfiring on McVay. Look how many players are hurt today. The next men had better step up because next week the Rams could be 0-2
Of course you sit people like Stafford and Kupp but not giving Corum any snaps in preseason? what's up with that? And it takes real game experience for o-linemen to get their legs under them. Play them for a few series in the preseason. Another year another make shift O-line. Frustrating

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Did you see something I missed? I didn’t see many big runs when they did run.

If they were 100% healthy then I think they run the ball. I doubt the backups would have been all that successful against the lions defense. If McVay had faith that they could run block I think he would have run.

Hard to have big runs when you barely run. Gotta keep the defense honest. Can't let them tee off on the passing game like that. It's too easy that way.
We also didn't score much until we actually started running the ball, even to little avail.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know man but I think all this fear about injuries in the preseason is hurting the Rams. Scrimmages are not games under the lights with fans and everyone going at 110% All of this trying to protect players may be backfiring on McVay. Look how many players are hurt today. The next men had better step up because next week the Rams could be 0-2
Of course you sit people like Stafford and Kupp but not giving Corum any snaps in preseason? what's up with that? And it takes real game experience for o-linemen to get their legs under them. Play them for a few series in the preseason. Another year another make shift O-line. Frustrating
I can agree with that a little bit. Guys like Corum could use a few reps in the preseason just to get loose.

LOURam85

Rookie
Throw Tutu on that list. Held out of preseason suggesting he's a big part of our offense.

There is no real reason 3rd stringer Corum shouldn't have gotten some practice snaps in preseason.
Tutu didn’t get the ball but I seen him get snaps
I can agree with that a little bit. Guys like Corum could use a few reps in the preseason just to get loose.
i think they said something when rivers first came in that because of the line and missing people they wasn’t gone give bc reps yet

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hard to have big runs when you barely run. Gotta keep the defense honest. Can't let them tee off on the passing game like that. It's too easy that way.
We also didn't score much until we actually started running the ball, even to little avail.
I agree to some extent, but it looked like the Lions were playing to stop the run. With backups at tackle I understand the reluctance to waste too many downs running into a stacked defensive front.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I am not much into moral victories. Last night was extremely encouraging, in some ways. But bottom line: we needed to win that game. How huge would 1-0 be with all these injuries, to get one W in the bag early. Some questionable coaching calls. A bad INT by Stafford in the red zone. Kupp dropping a crucial 4th down catch. Durant not coming up with the INT of Goff late. The way the Rams were moving the ball, we should have scored at least 10+ more points than we did. That game should have been won, which is downright crazy to say, considering the injuries we had. This team is going to need to close things out better. It's been a bit of a trend the past 2 years, and even more so against the Lions, when we outplay them badly but find ways to lose.

That is my vent. This is a vent thread.

I am still very optimistic for this year, assuming we can get healthy enough. I stress the "enough", because every team has injuries in the NFL. Dreaming for everyone to suit up, is likely not realistic for most teams, beyond week 1 or 2. Which sadly we could not even manage. But cluster injuries hits bad are something else. With bodies back this team will be dangerous! It is a long year and all about how you finish. This Rams team can still finish strong. Need to close things out better!

Ellard80

Legend
McVay said they pretty much had to scrap the original game plan after all the injuries.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Lot of positives come out of a really tough situation. Even with all the injuries.....we really should have won that game. Empty redzone trips always comes back to bite you...but again, we fought back in that game and showed that this team...even though a young team..has heart....and much needed depth.

Reeder played well.... We locked up Amen Ra....

We've got a solid team, and we have a lot of fight in us... We can overcome these injuries for a couple of weeks....

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
got it

Status
Not open for further replies.