UPDATE: DaveFan'51 (SEE POST 102 AND 111 - PAGE 6)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Such sad news. Always had so much respect for Dave and his opinions. Not only is this board a lesser place without him this world is as well. May God bless his family and comfort them in this time of need.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Damn this sucks. Dave was always a good member and who seemed to be a great guy. He will be dearly missed and hopefully we can do something during our first home game like we did with ThorDaddy to honor his memory.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Bummed with his loss, he always gave positive vibes even during those dark years and it resonated with us. Glad he got to experience the Rams get a winning season before his departure

Condolences to his family

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
This hurts. I didn't interact w/ Dave a lot but I loved his perspective. I thought it mirrored my own many a time but his posts were much more eloquent, so I always thought of him saying what I would have liked to say, and threw in a "me too." on the end of it. Condolences to the family. He was one of a kind. Thanks for leaving your mark on us Dave. We are much better for those times w/ you.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Such a shame. He came across as a genuinely nice guy.

And infinitely positive when it came to his Rams. I don't think I'd ever come across anyone quite as positive as him. It was very refreshing.

My thoughts are with his family.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Well that's horrible news. I always enjoyed hearing from Dave. His presence on ROD will be greatly missed.

Ram65

Legend
Condolences to Dave's wife and family. He shared a picture of himself recently putting a kind face to all the positive Ram's posts he made. Yes he will be missed greatly around here.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I am going to miss Dave..... his unconditional optimism about the rams made me happy. RIP buddy!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've only just seen this and I'm gutted. I loved his messages with all the pics and emojis, always so upbeat. This place will be all the worse for him not being here. Condolences to his wife and all his family.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Such sad news. Really upsetting. He was a wonderful Ram.

I'm so glad we made the effort to get the Mock Draft up and running this year as he was such a great contributor and we had a few conversations which I will hold dear. He would read up on picks he hadn't come across and make intelligent positive comments on them.

:cry:

Mods -- going forward - can we award the winner of the Mock Draft ... The DaveFan'51 Award ? Maybe they can get an icon on their avatar for the year ? - or something.

RIP Dave - you will be missed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sad news. Dave will be missed around here. My condolences to the family. It's never easy losing a family member but it's even tougher when they are such a positive force like Dave.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm heartbroken to read this news, have spent many a day chatting with Dave over the years, he was a true gent and I, personally, will miss him greatly.

One of the last conversations we had (outside of the Rams) was about his dog Lizzie. That's the only thing that I can take from this sad, sad news is that I know he's with her again right now. Heaven has a good man in Dave.

RIP my friend, this season's for you.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
It is with heavy heart to inform our members that DaveFan'51 has passed away.

His wife gave me permission to share that Dave passed away in his sleep on May-27. The official cause of death was cardiac arrest, complicated by his battle with COPD.

As you know, Dave was among our everyday members with over 18,000 posts the last 4 years. We shared many of laughs, good times and bad, with Dave.

A die hard Rams fan with a love for the team matched only by his family and beloved granddaughter.

If you'd like to leave well wishes, I will be sure to direct his wife's attention to this thread.

I share your sadness.
I really am sad to hear this. Loved talking with Dave'51. Such a great guy and so knowledgable. Funny too. I would like to send my thoughts and prayers to his family during this very difficult time.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm sorry I did not even see this post. Condolences and prayers to the family. I didn't know Dave'51 personally but he always seemed like an intelligent and thoughtful poster. I really liked reading what he had to say.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My sincere condolences to Dave's family. Rams nation lost a fan who has lived, seen and experienced so much of Rams history. Maybe all of it? Awesome.
As for ROD, i'd like to think that Dave found happiness in logging in here just about every day for his last several years...and to share his unwavering support and enthusiasm with us about the team he truly loved.
RIP Dave

1249.jpg

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP Dave, you will most certainly be missed by a LOT of folks. ROD won’t be the same without you, but our memories live on.

I dedicate this season to you and your faithful and positive contributions to this forum!!

A toast to a most dedicated Ram fan and ROD contributer, Dave51!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
RIP Dave51.

I could always count on him to help me see the bright side of things, even during those times when there wasn't much brightness to see. He always found the ray of sunshine no matter how big or small.

One can't fake that level of dedication or positivity and as we've all said, he will be sorely missed.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Nooooooo. Dave was one of my favorite posters on here. No matter you’re opinion, even if he disagreed, he always respected you. The nicest guy on this board. I’ll miss you buddy.

Update: My eyes are all watered up for someone I’ve never met. That shows you how good of a person Dave truly was. That he could effect a stranger in such a way. RIP Dave.