UPDATE: DaveFan'51 (SEE POST 102 AND 111 - PAGE 6)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It was a pleasure donating for @DaveFan'51 , I know that he gave me so much more. I can't believe he's gone. He was truly one of a kind here.

RAMBUSH

Starter
It is with heavy heart to inform our members that DaveFan'51 has passed away.

His wife gave me permission to share that Dave passed away in his sleep on May-27. The official cause of death was cardiac arrest, complicated by his battle with COPD.

As you know, Dave was among our everyday members with over 18,000 posts the last 4 years. We shared many of laughs, good times and bad, with Dave.

A die hard Rams fan with a love for the team matched only by his family and beloved granddaughter.

If you'd like to leave well wishes, I will be sure to direct his wife's attention to this thread.

I share your sadness.
May he rest in peace . God bless his family.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Oh my. I haven't come here in a week and just found out reading this thread. I'm completely floored. We lost another great Rams fan. I always loved his upbeat demeanor when it came to the Rams. Always optimistic. I didn't know him personally but I have a feeling people who did know him will always remember that upbeat and optimistic personality. Its a sad time in Rams world. But a celebration in heaven. Prayers for his family. I'm just saddened by this news. :(:cry:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It is with heavy heart to inform our members that DaveFan'51 has passed away.

His wife gave me permission to share that Dave passed away in his sleep on May-27. The official cause of death was cardiac arrest, complicated by his battle with COPD.

As you know, Dave was among our everyday members with over 18,000 posts the last 4 years. We shared many of laughs, good times and bad, with Dave.

A die hard Rams fan with a love for the team matched only by his family and beloved granddaughter.

If you'd like to leave well wishes, I will be sure to direct his wife's attention to this thread.

I share your sadness.
Awful and very sad news. My condolences and prayers for his family.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wish I could be more like Dave was. Whenever we give up a 1st quarter touchdown I'm like "Oh crap, we're gonna lose!"

If we're down 3 scores in the 4th quarter Dave would be like "No worries. We got this!"

Look up eternal optimist and you'd probably see Dave's picture. I just know he was the kind of guy you'd like hanging out with.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Hello. I am David's brother. I spoke to my sister in law last night and she told me that she had been able to make contact here. We want you to know that the family greatly appreciates your respects for my brother.

David's sudden passing was a shock. It was unexpected. He had laid down to take a nap and passed in his sleep. David was a Vietnam war veteran and served with honor in the United States Marine Corp. He will be laid to rest at the National Cemetery located in Bakersfield, California.

Best regards,
Gary

Being from Bakersfield this has been on my mind for days now.

I consider myself as a Patriot and well know that because of our Rams brother Dave we all lay our heads on our pillows and sleep peacefully at night. Our debt to your brothers service can never be given back.

I always try to partially repay that debt by flying my flag in Dave's honor twice a year. And on every Rams weekend I wave the Ferragamo Rams flag flying right smack dab in the middle of Whiner country. It brings much needed color to the neighborhood. :)

I will think and pray for Dave every time I take the long walk up the hill to hang my loving flags.

As always........

GO RAMS!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
I see that Kevin Demoff has donated to the funeral costs. What a good man. As is everyone else who has been able to help of course.

I've not been kind to Kevin for a few years now but props to him for that. That's pretty awesome.

A55VA6

Legend
Very sad to hear this news. Dave was a great guy and I enjoyed my conversations with him. Great Rams fan! He will be missed!

Dave's bro

UDFA
Name
Gary
We had a very nice memorial service for David last night. Earlier in the week, I met with the pastor who spoke at the service. I had mentioned Rams On Demand to him and he read everyone's posts. Some of you were quoted during the service.

Thank you all for your kindness and donations. You were all most gracious to us. This afternoon, David will be laid to rest in Bakersfield.

Here is my last picture with my brother.

eHeQI9U.jpg

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
My heart hurts
I go on assignment for 2 weeks and come back to this news - i am really heartbroken right now
I feel bad for all of us here on ROD
Losing a guy like Dave is huge. He was one of the most positive and fun fans I have ever known.
God Bless you @DaveFan'51

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We had a very nice memorial service for David last night. Earlier in the week, I met with the pastor who spoke at the service. I had mentioned Rams On Demand to him and he read everyone's posts. Some of you were quoted during the service.

Thank you all for your kindness and donations. You were all most gracious to us. This afternoon, David will be laid to rest in Bakersfield.

Here is my last picture with my brother.

eHeQI9U.jpg

Thank you for sharing this with us. Very much appreciated by all.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Ah, damn! I always liked chopping it up with that guy. Rest in peace, homie. Keep that CAPS LOCK ON IN HEAVEN!

Dave's bro

UDFA
Name
Gary
Yesterday, David was laid to rest at the National Cemetery in Bakersfield, California. I do not have permission to post identifying pictures of anyone else. But here are a few that I can share. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was to speak at my brother's burial place. It was a beautiful, warm day...

qc3IMg1.jpg

wUg9S4G.jpg

e9VvWtP.jpg

EaWcX9O.jpg

I7RgeFo.jpg

A third Marine played taps on a trumpet.

AzEg8JP.jpg

8fdu4CI.jpg

aDiY3s3.jpg

Lastly, David's grand daughter placed a rose on his casket.

NOHB5qQ.jpg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thx Gary. Thx for your service Dave. If there's anyone who can convert the "Big Guy In The Sky" to a Ram fan, its you!. RIP Bro.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting the pics Gary. Wish we all could have been there with you to give you a big hug and encourage you. I’m sure the eulogy was awesome!

Duck in here any time. You are now our brother too. :cheers:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yesterday, David was laid to rest at the National Cemetery in Bakersfield, California. I do not have permission to post identifying pictures of anyone else. But here are a few that I can share. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was to speak at my brother's burial place. It was a beautiful, warm day...

qc3IMg1.jpg

wUg9S4G.jpg

e9VvWtP.jpg

EaWcX9O.jpg

I7RgeFo.jpg

A third Marine played taps on a trumpet.

AzEg8JP.jpg

8fdu4CI.jpg

aDiY3s3.jpg

Lastly, David's grand daughter placed a rose on his casket.

NOHB5qQ.jpg
Sounds like a beautiful service. Very fitting for an amazing Man.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@Dave's bro (Gary) thank you so much for sharing, Dave and I interacted quite a bit and he is truly a special person that made everyplace he interacted with better, but I don't have to communicate that to you. Being a Veteran myself, you seem to take a loss much harder when a comrade falls.... Simply all the very best sir to you and your family and I truly appreciate you keeping us in mind.
7f082cd28515e79b0fede59161901131.jpg

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So very sad. My condolences to Dave's family. Like many mentioned, when I think of Dave the first word that pops into my mind is "Positive". He was so welcoming when I first came to ROD. He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace my Ram brother.

I just found out as I've been on Vacation down in Mex. Thank you Gary for the memorial. I couldn't help but tear up. Looks like he had a wonderful life filled with lot's of family and love.

Yeah, Kevin Demoff gets some serious respect in my book.

Last edited: