UPDATE: DaveFan'51 (SEE POST 102 AND 111 - PAGE 6)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I have not been around much the past couple years, life just got in the way. Word just got to me that Dave passed away, and my heart is broken. Nicest most uplifting person you could ever imagine. You won't find anyone with the passion he had. The world could use more people like Dave. He'll be missed. I regret that I wasn't able to spend more time with him now but I'll cherish the time I did get. RIP.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Words are hard to come by here for me... I'm usually logged into ROD but have many windows up in browsers. Not to mention a week and a 1/2 ago, my misses had a heart attack while sleeping.. She is good so no worries there. Dave was a very damn good friend to me here. Always had a good sense of humor he did. He would joke with me to no end and I'll miss it.. Another thing I'll miss, is looking for his bets in the Sports Book. He nudged me out a few years ago for the overall prize and we gave each other shiite about it to no end. In a good way..

It's going to be difficult not seeing him here for the draft and during the complete season.. I just wish he could have saw us win one more SB.. He was a very good man. I cried last night when seeing this. After this, and what my Mrs. went through, life can be short folks, so appreciate. I appreciated Dave very much and wish I would have conversed more with him now. He'll be certainly missed here. It's hard to imagine ROD without him. For what it's worth, I'm doing my garden in his honor this year. Godspeed to him in his path to heaven. Tipping an ice cold frosty one to my good friend. Cheers!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Never got the honor of meeting Dave but I'll just echo what everyone else has said about him being the eternal optimist. It's too bad he couldn't see us get another ring, especially knowing were on the cusp..It's a weird feeling mourning for someone you've never met, but I'll miss his whacky comments and upbeat personality. RIP DaveFan'51 this upcoming season is for you hoss.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My heart is broken too. I live fairly close to Dave and always wanted to go over to Simi Valley and watch a game with him or just say hello in person. The world is a little darker with his passing. I will yell and scream even louder at every game this year just for him.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just seeing this for the first time.

So very sad. As others have said, I have NEVER seen a more optimistic fan than Dave. Not even close.

If he led his life like he posted, he had to have been a wonderful man!

We'll miss you Dave... my sincerest condolences to his family!

Alan

Legend
Shaun informed me of Dave's passing Tuesday and it hit me pretty hard. I've read all of the posts in this thread and you've said it all. I'm so happy that his family was able to read them and understand how we all felt about him as both a RODite and a wonderfully warm human being. I just want to have my voice added to the chorus of heartfelt accolades that he so richly deserved. We are diminished by his passing.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm retired Navy. I post this in salute to Dave:
SemperFiFlag__84679.1499788971.jpg

5bd867548d1f7a3d71fd5481d7f5cf63--los-angeles-rams-southern.jpg

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Think before you post.........

I actually love this shared wisdom.

I am new to this forum and feel like I missed out on some of its best with Dave's passing.

This does not go without regret fore I believe arguably I love our Rams as much as Dave.

I can only hope I can share the same grace, but not replace as it appears no one can, what Dave shared.

I love the number countdown that Dave had shared. Although curiously it saddens me in a very selfish way.

As Dave i am Rams to the end. Almost from birth to the eventual end.

I will always love my fellow solid Rams fans. We have an interesting history. And wouldn't want to change it for anything.

God bless Dave, and our Rams.

GO RAMS!!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He was a very good man. I cried last night when seeing this. After this, and what my Mrs. went through, life can be short folks, so appreciate. I appreciated Dave very much and wish I would have conversed more with him now. He'll be certainly missed here. It's hard to imagine ROD without him.

Prayers for your Mrs. Dag. Maybe we can take something from all of this. We don't know whats in store for us. We should never take things for granted. One thing about living a long life, odds are you will lose someone you care about. Never forget to tell them what they mean to you.

You never know when that time comes and you don't want regrets. I'm in good health for my age. So is my wife and my immediate family. But we never know what curves life will throw at us. Things could change in an instant.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Oh man I missed this until today and not what I wanted to hear when I logged on. My condolences to Dave's family, one of my favorite posters and although we have never met, my Rams brother forever. RIP my friend.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
haven't been on in a while and open the forum to this. what a sad day this is. great poster great person.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We had a very nice memorial service for David last night. Earlier in the week, I met with the pastor who spoke at the service. I had mentioned Rams On Demand to him and he read everyone's posts. Some of you were quoted during the service.

Thank you all for your kindness and donations. You were all most gracious to us. This afternoon, David will be laid to rest in Bakersfield.

Here is my last picture with my brother.

eHeQI9U.jpg

I hope you have an opportunity to see how everyone felt about your brother Dave and I hope, I know, it will put a smile on your face, I don't know if you will open this thread again. Thanks for the pictures it was very gracious of you to share them.

I hope we have a chance to see you again.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow, haven't checked in here for a while and just saw this. Hope where you are now they have a big widescreen, cold beer, and you can watch the Rams next year without the stresses of daily life. You'll be missed around here. Really liked having a true "old-timer" around who had pretty much seen it all with the Rams.

RIP DaveFan'51

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always liked his posts . He was a die hard Ram fan . RIP , and thanks for your service .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Stopped on page one.....

I had many ….I guess opposing views.....and Dave...man...Dave always was personable....kind...and really....just a solid dude...

I'ma leave here today...because...Dave and Boni were the guys I wanted to write with/to/discuss shit the most....and now I read this....

I've been through shit in my life....made me hard...hardened....don't let stuff bother me...not being able to share the joy of a Rams win with Dave....discuss what I liked, or for some of you that notice...stuff I don't like or that makes me nervous is just...fucked up.

RIP Dave....sit back....I'm sure Dubs is up there too....I think we're close....

I'm pissed....I'ma drink a cold one...on a hot day...for old Dave...

PS....a heart attack sounds like a rough way to go to me.