Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I like Snead in a lot of ways but allotting cap space is clearly not one of his strengths.

Next disaster on the horizon is Cooks. They should cut him as well. I am not sure they can though due to the salary cap implications.
He will almost 100% be gone next season unless he has an All-Pro season.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't like this move if his knee is healthy, because if Gurley was healthy, that puts TGIII completely in the right here, and it's McVay who deserves be on his way out, not Todd. Imagine being arrogant enough to have an MVP level talent, yet continually getting beyond pass happy, and not even giving that RB any meaningful carries despite paying him a truck full of money. Sean McVay can imagine it, if Gurley was actually ready and able to be a bell cow.

I look at it this way: McVay comes in with a pretty good roster that had some str power on it. He and Snead signed some Vets to get them over the hump. They had a plan for the future and keeping Gurley and Cooks were a big part of it. Then Oline moves didn’t work, Gurley gets injured, Cooks gets concussed again. Now suddenly the whole plan is blown up.

So hey need to decide. Do we try to salvage a plan that is clearly not working anymore? Or do we scrap it and start with a new one.

Option number 2 makes the most sense. And now McVay can start shaping even more of the roster into his image.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Less Need Les Snead. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, now I am hoping Kroenke does the right thing and calls up our very own @jrry32.

Not a fan of Snead, just over the doggone repetitiveness of being indecisive.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was the worst Halloween ever. Unlike the cowboys who built a powerhouse form the Walker trade, the Rams drafted like shit and squandered away the picks.

That was when John Shaw had the final say. Man, what a piece of shit he was. Half the guys he took in those drafts were guys that Robinson didn't even want. And Robinson DID want Thurman Thomas, who, let the record show, worked out a helluva lot better than Gaston fucking Green did.

EasyE

Starter
What? Gurley just got handed a $7.55 million check to not play for us this year.

this was in response to AD getting mad about 30 getting released...u are right tho, what the h#ll do they have to complain about...

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if this is completely true, but there has to be at least some truth to it given what we've seen today. But if it's both the knee and the attitude, then the move makes complete sense and was the only move to make at this point.

One thing we do know is that McVay took a lot of blame on himself for the way Gurley was used last year, and took a lot of shit because of it. If either of the knee or attitude things are true (much less if both) then it means he took a lot of shit for Todd that he did not have to take.
Man please!! McVay is who he always has been a throw first coach he benched Gurley for a fumble he gets away from the run game when it’s the only thing working he tells Gurley he’s gonna run him only to give him 6 carries. McVay isn’t innocent in this debacle. Gurley was a great teammate never negative always giving guys support. If you believe you can contribute and the coach keep telling you he’s gonna run you and then don’t and you’ll be pissed too.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I don't know if this is completely true, but there has to be at least some truth to it given what we've seen today. But if it's both the knee and the attitude, then the move makes complete sense and was the only move to make at this point.

One thing we do know is that McVay took a lot of blame on himself for the way Gurley was used last year, and took a lot of shit because of it. If either of the knee or attitude things are true (much less if both) then it means he took a lot of shit for Todd that he did not have to take.

Personally I think McVay WAS at fault in the way he used Gurley. However, that doesn't give Gurley a full pass for sulking.

It's just too bad they couldn't work it out. Did we need more proof that things are going to hell?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Fuck Cowherd wanting to be part of the story.

He did seem to change. When he got dinged in 18', it seemed like he stopped running hard and maybe he was making business decisions to not hit that hole as hard etc. Sure, nay have just been the injury, but it makes you wonder considering...

I know 2016 was a shit show, especially the OL, but he seemed to quit. I remember being worried he lost a step heading into 17'. After the first few weeks the biggest relief was not only that Goff came out playing well, but that Gurley was back to normal.

Remember how critical he was of the offense and rightly so, hut he seemed to quit that year.

Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and many other backs played behind shitty OL's, but they kept playing hard.

So he might be a guy that really lets his attitude affect his play. That likely was seen by McVay the last 18 months and is likely why he is now gone. I mean we noticed how much harder Brown ran when he was in there. It was night and day compared to TG and he had his share of injuries, but still ran hard all the time.

So this is not surprising considering his play and his body language over the last year.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It's crazy how we, as fans, can get so attached to a person, as a player, we've never met. This news really put a damper on my entire day. Gurley is one of my favorite Rams. But it was most likely the right move.