Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A lot of posters seem to think the move may be a McVay and TG relationship issue. Well I hope to hell it is not. If you can't remain above the fray in the world of professional sports you will find yourself in it often. Lets hope this isn't the case or boy wonder will be in double trouble.

Boy Wonder is Building a WE not ME locker room. MCSNEAD’s big thing is to let there FA’s test the market to find there value.
The Rams could have Franchised Fowler, but elected not to.At least that way The Rams will get a Comp Pick.
I know I was not a Big TG fan, but appreciated his time as a Ram.Just glad he is gone,because I’m ready for some young NEW excitement.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another reason Gurley was released is the Rams needed to figure out how to keep Jalen Ramsey. If I had to choose between Ramsey and Gurley, I'd take the healthy player. expect Ramsey to sign a big deal next fall that will count against the cap next March.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good at least it isn’t the Seattle shithouses

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
You and I don’t always agree 100% but a good fair amount of the time. This game is also what really stuck out to me for games regarding TG30. That game showed you what he had inside of him.

That game and the one against the Seachickens that he took over the game and demoralized that whole stadium are the two games that will always stick out in my mind regarding TG.

So hurt it wasn’t In the cards to place himself up there with ED, Faulk, and Jackson as One of our greatest Ram RB careers.

Even though his career as a Ram was shortened, much like ED’s was, TG IS up there with those great Rams.

58 rushing TD’s ties him with Marshall as the franchise career leader.

I say he’s there already.

The Packer game as a rookie, as well as the 9er game in the Dome.

The way he ran all over Dallas and showed that Elliott was 2nd fiddle.

The Titan game, winning the division on the road.

The Steeler game that would have been a win if he’d had more carries.

The only locker room problem was McVay’s usage...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
In his short time as a Ram he was one of the best. He could have been one of the best of all time if it wasnt for his knee - I mean in the short time he played he was the best most explosive RB Ive ever seen.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I don't understand how we don't expect Gurley to recover with an off-season of focused rehab when others recover from ACL surgery, such as AP or Kupp.

Last edited:

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Thank you TG3, no regrets. I hope you have a couple more OPTY seasons. Good luck!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think this has anything to do with Kroenke's money ... Gurley's salary is couch cushion change to him. Salary cap is the issue.
Well that new 5+ Billion dollar stadium that was supposed to cost around 1 Bil might have something to do with it. Ha ha.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It won't matter at all to Stan, it will just go somewhere else. If we kept Gurley, there would be cap ramifications for next year, and we have to start paying Ramsey next year.
We should rename the forum “RAMIFICATIONS”

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Released surprised me , but I knew he would be gone . His bad attitude and mannerisms could be seen by the whole world. The rams had no leverage , everyone knew he was on his way out.
Sucks to see him gone because I thought he was going to be one of the best ever, wish him luck but I stand by our team and this needed to happen.

Let's get Jonathan taylor with that second round pick @!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I don't understand how we don't expect Gurley to recover with an off-season of focused rehab when others recover from ACL surgery, such as AP or Kupp.
I guess because he's not recovering from an ACL surgery. His problem is completely different and it's very unfortunate for him and the Rams.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I guess because he's not recovering from an ACL surgery. His problem is completely different and it's very unfortunate for him and the Rams.
Gurley is thought to have an arthritic condition in his knee, may or may not be related to the ACL surgery he had years ago. Faulk and I think Bruce had the same issues and played through it toward the end of their careers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will go down as one of the better Ram RB’s & bust at the same time.
The guy tied with Marshall Faulk and two ahead of Steven Jackson and Eric Dickerson in rushing touchdowns is a bust. That's a genius comment wow.

vnbm0.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
You know what, I may not be thinking clearly as my business is now shut down, but here goes.

The 2019 Rams Sucked! So, I'm all for trying to replace losers with winners.

Bye Bye Gurley!

Bye Bye Brockers!

Bye Bye Littleton!

Bye Bye NRC!

Bye Bye Matthews!

Did I forget anyone? If I did, Bye Bye to them too.

Can't wait to see who steps up and if they can make the Rams winners in 2020!
Sonofa!!

~ JoJo
~ Dante
~ Wade P