Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It won't ever make sense especially with the June 1 designation. I'll be less angry like I was eventually when she traded away Eric Dickerson. But this move will never make sense. The smart thing to do was use him and abuse him for a year and then cut him or trade him at the deadline to get something and take the cap savings next year. This is stupid and I'll never change my mind about that part of it. I will get less angry but will never be ok with this.

I see this more than ED
919B9B3F-3BB5-49A1-91BB-FA8B48712132.jpeg

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
My daughter, the sea chickens fan says.... Maybe next year we can both wear TG30 shirts... :unsure::(

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm just disgusted tbh. Even though we knew it was coming TG leaving is like a girlfriend breaking up with you. It fuckin sucks.

And btw I'm pissed not only at the Rams but him too. Just bullshit that it came to this. Hopefully someday the Rams will retire him but for now all I can say is I hope he stays the fuck away from the NFC West.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Actually, I disagree with that second part. What kills coaches and GMs is staying tied to players that you should not. This is the Rams saying "yep, we made a mistake. Now we fix it."

That's actually a good thing. Now McVay earns his stripes as a leader by finding a way to explain this to the rest of the locker room.
They explored the trade market and found nothing. This gives Gurley a chance to find a new team. IMO, that is a class move by the organization.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It won't ever make sense especially with the June 1 designation. I'll be less angry like I was eventually when she traded away Eric Dickerson. But this move will never make sense. The smart thing to do was use him and abuse him for a year and then cut him or trade him at the deadline to get something and take the cap savings next year. This is stupid and I'll never change my mind about that part of it. I will get less angry but will never be ok with this.
Trading Dickerson sucked! Especially since they wasted all of the draft picks.
It only makes any sense for Gurley is if the RUMOR about him becoming a locker room distraction are true. Otherwise, running him til the wheels fell off would make sense. Would the Rams have been in a pickle with his contract if he sustained further injury this year?

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'm just disgusted tbh. Even though we knew it was coming TG leaving is like a girlfriend breaking up with you. It fuckin sucks.

And btw I'm pissed not only at the Rams but him too. Just bullshit that it came to this. Hopefully someday the Rams will retire him but for now all I can say is I hope he stays the fuck away from the NFC West.

He'll still have games where he goes off I think, but he cant sustain for an entire season anymore and carry a team. With the money he was making that was the expectation...so we had to move him. But I'm with you, doesn't make it easier. I can still see him catching that screen against Ten and taking it like 80 yards to the house like he was shot out of a fucking rocket. For someone who was so important to our resurgence and by all accounts a great teammate, its just sad that his tenure had to end this way. I'll always respect TG3.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It only makes any sense for Gurley is if the RUMOR about him becoming a locker room distraction are true. Otherwise, running him til the wheels fell off would make sense. Would the Rams have been in a pickle with his contract if he sustained further injury this year?

What you don’t like Aaron Cox?

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Ultimately we will b paying Todd to play for another team. He will probably sign for 5 mill while we pay him 15

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dickerson trade felt a lot like this move. Very similar, like a fucking knife to the heart.

Bettis pissed me off because the Rams were so goddamn stupid. But we didn't have him long enough for me to have that same connection to the player.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ultimately we will b paying Todd to play for another team. He will probably sign for 5 mill while we pay him 15
Watch him sign with the 9ers at league minimum just to fuck us in the ass twice next season.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I never liked the signing. This scenario was not only possible but likely. Here we are.

Not only is there a savings of a small amount cap space we saved $10M cash.

AlphaRam

Rookie
Like @OldSchool said, would rather have used and abused him for a bit longer and then cut our losses but it's obvious the Rams FO thought he was either A) a lockerroom issue or B) The knee wasn't worth relying on anymore and taking a roster spot. Otherwise it really doesn't make sense to cut him right now.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Too much talk of what Gurley did in the past. Harsh realities of last year:

-Never had a play for over 25 yds
-lost most of his explosiveness
-sulked on the sidelines half the time
-hard to remember him being a difference maker in a game
-knee is obviously shot

Lets face it.

-Great player for 3 years and awesome to watch
-Terrible timing and structure regarding his contract. Totally blew out the market at the time and wasn’t necessary. Especially for the RB position.
-Knee injury may have been more mental than physical and McVay didn’t feel like dealing with that drama for another year.

Sorry he couldn’t stay healthy and retire as a Ram and go to the Hall of Fame but he’s done. Better to cut bait now and see if Henderson has what it takes.