49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I’d be ecstatic if they have to trade Aiyuk for a 2025 3rd pick and an average starter. But I’m happy with this shit just playing out in public. It exposes the weak 69er culture and lack of ability to keep things in house. Fuck them douchebags.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
49ers do seem to like playing hardball with contract extensions. With Bosa and Deebo they eventually caved. Sounds like they want to send a message with Aiyuk. Their fans are convincing themselves they'll be fine without him. Saying they didn't win a Superbowl with him anyway. They think with Purdy they don't need a guy like him. Can't wait till they find out the hard way Purdy needs all pro talent to win games. Deebo, McCaffrey, Kittle and Trent Williams are all injury risks. A couple those guys go down and its over for their dreams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Word is that John Lynch is quite the asshole when it comes to negotiating and dealing with free agents and contract issues.
revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Word is that John Lynch is quite the asshole when it comes to negotiating and dealing with free agents and contract issues.

That would fit the mold there.

Asshole is too kind of a description for that dirty piece of shit.

He did anything he could to purposely injure players when he was on the field, and he's continued that same legacy now that he is in the front office. He's never given a single fuck about the well-being of another player or that other player's career.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Asshole is too kind of a description for that dirty piece of shit.

He did anything he could to purposely injure players when he was on the field, and he's continued that same legacy now that he is in the front office. He's never given a single fuck about the well-being of another player or that other player's career.
And Shanahan himself more than implied he was doing what he could to get Puka hurt in our last game with them. I couldn't believe that didn't get more attention than it did and he got away with it.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

After years of defending him, 49ers fans now claiming Jimmy G isn’t good enough for Rams​

Story by Kenneth Arthur
• 7h • 3 min read

If the Los Angeles Rams have any inkling that Jimmy Garoppolo might not be good enough to make the 53-man roster, they better get Ryan Tannehill on a plane to L.A. before it’s too late. But the Rams will not cut Garoppolo and would not overreact to however he’s performing—good or bad—in the first two weeks of his first training camp with the team.

This hasn’t stopped the same San Francisco 49ers fans that used to defend Garoppolo in the face of similar criticism from spreading rumors that the Rams are thinking of cutting the veteran quarterback (who Sean McVay has been a fan of for many years before this) because of “rumblings” based on a few errant throws in practice. You would think that 49ers fans are used to Garoppolo’s errant throws and weird decisions by now, and yet that didn’t stop San Francisco from paying him over $100 million.

The Rams are only paying him $3 million.

An NFL twitter aggregator shared a post by a 49ers fan account—yes, the aggregators are stooping that low now—that claimed “Jimmy G is struggling at camp... and that’s putting it kindly” based on a source. Which, could be, I don’t know, any random fan who went to one Rams training camp open to the public?

View: https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1820867260518384061

It does not take much searching to find that the cited Twitter account with the “source”, aka @49ersSportsTalk, a person credible to the aggregator because they pay for Twitter Blue, I guess, would have a long history of not only defending Jimmy Garoppolo when he was on the 49ers. But also defending Garoppolo because people were “overreacting” to a few bad throws, or a few bad games, or a few bad seasons, all of which we could agree are more telling situations than whatever is happening in the first two weeks of training camp.

View: https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1178437411422031875

View: https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1599087890906349568

View: https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1594898308492836865

View: https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1584608913248649217

And I would be remiss to not mention that two years ago, this same account “reported” that Garoppolo was “done” with the 49ers and that it was only a matter of time before the two sides split so that Trey Lance could be the franchise quarterback because that’s all they needed.

View: https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/1551894401395326978

Only a month before the 49ers and Garoppolo agreed to a contract to keep him in San Francisco for the 2022 season.

The Rams paid Garoppolo a one-year contract worth a fully-guaranteed $3.18 million salary. Cutting Garoppolo saves zero cap room and would mean that Stetson Bennett, who hasn’t played in a game since last preseason and essentially missed all practices and meetings during the 2023 season and also wasn’t very good in his exhibition appearances last year, would be Matthew Stafford’s backup for the year.

L.A. signed Garoppolo because they wanted to avoid the backup QB problems that they had in 2022 and 2023 between John Wolford, Bryce Perkins, Baker Mayfield, and Brett Rypien, when Stafford was hurt, and cutting Garoppolo for no cap savings so that the backup is Bennett and Dresser Winn would be the polar opposite move of that intention.

There are no “rumblings” of a Garoppolo cut at Rams camp other than the ones that get aggregated for attention. And look—I don’t have nearly as big of a problem with the aggregators as others in the media do, especially because others in the media on Twitter all the time have some responsibility for creatingthose aggregators—but a 49ers fan account is not a source, and a “source” of a 49ers fan account is even less of a source.

Jimmy Garoppolo could be a bad option to start for the Rams if he had to, nobody here is out to defend a quarterback who couldn’t get into a competition this year.

But he’s probably no worse than he was on the 49ers.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's too bad our last game of the season isn't vs the Shitters. Because they would have gotten Jimmy for sure. And I'm certain that if and when SF faces him they're in for the best version of Jimmy. Guaranteed. The Shitter fans know this so all these rumors of Jimmy not making the roster is nothing more than self delusion. Copium.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So how long can Aiyuk continue this hold in? What happens when the season starts? Does he sit on the sidelines in street clothes? How many games can he hold out till he loses credit for the season? I see a NFLPA site than says he can be on the roster for 3 games to get credit for the season. Seems pretty low to me. Others think its 8 games.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So how long can Aiyuk continue this hold in? What happens when the season starts? Does he sit on the sidelines in street clothes? How many games can he hold out till he loses credit for the season? I see a NFLPA site than says he can be on the roster for 3 games to get credit for the season. Seems pretty low to me. Others think its 8 games.
To get credit for a year, a player must have three (3) games on the active, inactive, IR or PUP. Three or more games in the regular or post season. Aiyuk could really screw them (hopefully) by showing up and not playing or not playing hard.