49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
meg ryan love GIF by HULU

dang

Legend
LMAO, Deebo still being a whiny bitch. Can't man up to the shit he says. I wish the Rams didn't play at the same time these crybabies play in Philly in week 13 because I really want to watch that game lol. Guess I'll watch after Rams game.

View: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1678743691601608704?s=20

Zach Gelb is now my hero. Not only did he challenge Dweebo to man up and set the record straight. He called out the fact that Dweebo ran away like the p***y he is AND had to be rescued by a PR gal. Fuel that fire!!!! This shit ain’t going away!!!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The Winers are the biggest crybabies. I think it stems from the culture Shanahan generates. it's too pervasive throughout the team. Of course it seems to extend to their fanbase as well, so who knows. And Trent Williams deserves suspension time.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whiners either cry or start fights when they lose a playoff game. Very bad losers with no class. You'd think they're used to it after choking so many times.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Expect them to be right there again in 2023. The funny thing was Licker as their draft pick.
A Harbaugh guy at that,total professional straight out of college.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Sam Darnold explains why he chose to sign with 49ers despite having to compete with Brock Purdy, Trey Lance​

Sam Darnold established himself as one of the best quarterbacks in the country while residing in the state of California. He created his reputation as a four-star recruit out of San Clemente, then showed enough potential at USC to be selected No. 3 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft by the New York Jets. While his NFL career has been a bit up-and-down, Darnold is now back in Cali after signing with the San Francisco 49ers in free agency.

The 49ers have a few options for their starting quarterback, but Darnold still elected to sign with San Francisco. Why? That's what he was asked during an appearance on the "Pardon My Take" podcast.

"Guys are open, I mean, there's a lot of guys open on dang near every play," Darnold said, via NFL.com. "It just seems like there's a ton of answers. Great run game. I mean, whenever you can have a great run game as a quarterback, that's always a comforting feeling. I think just with the certain weapons that they have, you know, Deebo (Samuel), (Brandon) Aiyuk, George (Kittle), obviously Christian (McCaffrey), Juice (Kyle Juszczyk), Jauan Jennings, like there's so many guys you can go on and on."

He's not wrong. If Mr. Irrelevant can come in and take the 49ers to the NFC Championship game, then Kyle Shanahan is doing something right. It feels as though virtually any quarterback the 49ers put under center will find success. That's a credit to the offensive weapons and coach Shanahan.

"They've been there for so long, and Kyle's been able to understand kind of what everyone does well, what they don't do well, and I feel like every game plan he uses gets the most out of his guys," Darnold said. "That's a very good feeling as a quarterback, knowing that the [coach] is going to put everyone in the best position possible."

After suffering an injury in the preseason last year, Darnold stepped into the starting lineup for the Carolina Panthers in Week 12 and went 4-2 while averaging 190.5 passing yards per game to go along with nine total touchdowns and three interceptions. He played pretty good football, and was top 10 in the league in EPA per play in his six starts.

Shanahan is going to allow Darnold to compete for the starting job while Brock Purdy continues to recover from offseason elbow surgery. He's only 26 years old, and could play an important role for the 49ers in 2023.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Sam Darnold explains why he chose to sign with 49ers despite having to compete with Brock Purdy, Trey Lance​

Sam Darnold established himself as one of the best quarterbacks in the country while residing in the state of California. He created his reputation as a four-star recruit out of San Clemente, then showed enough potential at USC to be selected No. 3 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft by the New York Jets. While his NFL career has been a bit up-and-down, Darnold is now back in Cali after signing with the San Francisco 49ers in free agency.

The 49ers have a few options for their starting quarterback, but Darnold still elected to sign with San Francisco. Why? That's what he was asked during an appearance on the "Pardon My Take" podcast.

"Guys are open, I mean, there's a lot of guys open on dang near every play," Darnold said, via NFL.com. "It just seems like there's a ton of answers. Great run game. I mean, whenever you can have a great run game as a quarterback, that's always a comforting feeling. I think just with the certain weapons that they have, you know, Deebo (Samuel), (Brandon) Aiyuk, George (Kittle), obviously Christian (McCaffrey), Juice (Kyle Juszczyk), Jauan Jennings, like there's so many guys you can go on and on."

He's not wrong. If Mr. Irrelevant can come in and take the 49ers to the NFC Championship game, then Kyle Shanahan is doing something right. It feels as though virtually any quarterback the 49ers put under center will find success. That's a credit to the offensive weapons and coach Shanahan.

"They've been there for so long, and Kyle's been able to understand kind of what everyone does well, what they don't do well, and I feel like every game plan he uses gets the most out of his guys," Darnold said. "That's a very good feeling as a quarterback, knowing that the [coach] is going to put everyone in the best position possible."

After suffering an injury in the preseason last year, Darnold stepped into the starting lineup for the Carolina Panthers in Week 12 and went 4-2 while averaging 190.5 passing yards per game to go along with nine total touchdowns and three interceptions. He played pretty good football, and was top 10 in the league in EPA per play in his six starts.

Shanahan is going to allow Darnold to compete for the starting job while Brock Purdy continues to recover from offseason elbow surgery. He's only 26 years old, and could play an important role for the 49ers in 2023.

Silly thing is niner fans are such whinners.They don’t know what they have in Sam Darnold.Add Brian Greise as his QB coach as well.
I know The Rams we’re lucky Carolina went with him instead of Baker Mayfield.John Wolford followed him as well.Sort of interesting in Tampa.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Went to a Memorial Service yesterday for my sister-in-law's father and ran into a 49ers fan that is a good guy, but typical when it comes to the San Francisco 49ers. For this exchange let's refer to him as Jim, because that is his name.

i start with "Good to see you Jim" and he responds accordingly and then says, "49ers are going to win it all this year." My response was tempered considering the occasion and he continues to say "We got your number, we always beat you." I responded: "Well, except for once." And Jim agrees, "Yeah except for one time." Jim continues: "You have to get the breaks and this year with that defensive line, things are going to go our way, plus it doesn't matter who plays quarterback because we have three very good ones." He loves Sam Darnold.

So for some who are questioning why certain posters are discussing acquisitions of Canadian TE's, it is because it allows us to escape the day to day diatribe of these interactions. FWIW I like Jim and he then calls to his wife, we will call her Colleen because that is her name, "Colleen let's sit next to Den & Val so Den & I can discuss football." And the beat goes on.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... ran into a 49ers fan that is a good guy, but typical when it comes to the San Francisco 49ers. For this exchange let's refer to him as Jim, because that is his name.

Since my name is Jim, could we please refer to him by another name? How about Dumb-Fuck!?!

Sorry for your sister-in-law's loss.

dang

Legend
I am curious why the 69ers aren’t being discussed as a team that is mortgaging their future by being all in for 2023. The Rams were certainly branded that in 2021 albeit maybe not heavily until they picked up OBJ and V Miller. Looking at the 69er roster besides likely having to pay Bosa north of $30m/year they have the following players averaging salaries $13m - $24m per year:

Dweebo $24m
T Williams $23m
J Hargrove $21m
Warner $19m
Armistead $17m
McCaffery $16m
“Ugly Gronk” Kittle $15m
C Ward $13m

Along with the fact they don’t have a high $$ QB under contract. No way this balloon doesn’t significantly deflate (if not pop) in 2024.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am curious why the 69ers aren’t being discussed as a team that is mortgaging their future by being all in for 2023. The Rams were certainly branded that in 2021 albeit maybe not heavily until they picked up OBJ and V Miller. Looking at the 69er roster besides likely having to pay Bosa north of $30m/year they have the following players averaging salaries $13m - $24m per year:

Dweebo $24m
T Williams $23m
J Hargrove $21m
Warner $19m
Armistead $17m
McCaffery $16m
“Ugly Gronk” Kittle $15m
C Ward $13m

Along with the fact they don’t have a high $$ QB under contract. No way this balloon doesn’t significantly deflate (if not pop) in 2024.
IDK, but they just keep winning and like the Eagles I believe the press handles San Francisco differently. I just think there is a ton of bias when it comes to San Francisco as everyone just seems to genuflect when they win and losing tough games does not seem to matter.

The Eagles are similar with Sal Paolantonio calling Nick Sirianni one of the finest coaches in the NFL and all he did was lose a Super Bowl.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Dweebo $24m
T Williams $23m
J Hargrove $21m
Warner $19m
Armistead $17m
McCaffery $16m
“Ugly Gronk” Kittle $15m
C Ward $13m

Spot on. They are adding an Aaron Donald contract when they extend Bosa.

When they miss the prize in 2023… It will be even harder in 2024 when they have to release/trade way players.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I do expect the 49ers to win a lot of games this season. Might even get the number one seed. They have playmakers on offense and good players on defense.

There is one position that could be an issue. The most important position on the field. Quarterback. Sure, Purdy played well. But there is a reason a guy isn't picked till the end of the draft. He has holes in his game.

They were not exposed because he didn't have to carry the team like other good quarterbacks do. Hand off to an all star running back. Throw safe passes to all star receivers and let them do the work. If the offense gets bogged down the defense with all stars can help win a low scoring game.

The 49ers might have the best roster in the league aside from the quarterback position. But that position could be what keeps them from winning a championship. If they don't win a Superbowl with this roster it will be considered a failure. The window only stays open for so long. Knowing we got it done and they couldn't sure is satisfying.

nighttrain

Legend
IDK, but they just keep winning and like the Eagles I believe the press handles San Francisco differently. I just think there is a ton of bias when it comes to San Francisco as everyone just seems to genuflect when they win and losing tough games does not seem to matter.

The Eagles are similar with Sal Paolantonio calling Nick Sirianni one of the finest coaches in the NFL and all he did was lose a Super Bowl.
thank Montana for this..
train