49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Went to a Memorial Service yesterday for my sister-in-law's father and ran into a 49ers fan that is a good guy, but typical when it comes to the San Francisco 49ers. For this exchange let's refer to him as Jim, because that is his name.

i start with "Good to see you Jim" and he responds accordingly and then says, "49ers are going to win it all this year." My response was tempered considering the occasion and he continues to say "We got your number, we always beat you." I responded: "Well, except for once." And Jim agrees, "Yeah except for one time." Jim continues: "You have to get the breaks and this year with that defensive line, things are going to go our way, plus it doesn't matter who plays quarterback because we have three very good ones." He loves Sam Darnold.

So for some who are questioning why certain posters are discussing acquisitions of Canadian TE's, it is because it allows us to escape the day to day diatribe of these interactions. FWIW I like Jim and he then calls to his wife, we will call her Colleen because that is her name, "Colleen let's sit next to Den & Val so Den & I can discuss football." And the beat goes on.
You're too nice. "Why yes Colleen come on over we were just discussing how your husband's team can only win games in the regular season."

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do expect the 49ers to win a lot of games this season. Might even get the number one seed. They have playmakers on offense and good players on defense.

There is one position that could be an issue. The most important position on the field. Quarterback. Sure, Purdy played well. But there is a reason a guy isn't picked till the end of the draft. He has holes in his game.

They were not exposed because he didn't have to carry the team like other good quarterbacks do. Hand off to an all star running back. Throw safe passes to all star receivers and let them do the work. If the offense gets bogged down the defense with all stars can help win a low scoring game.

The 49ers might have the best roster in the league aside from the quarterback position. But that position could be what keeps them from winning a championship. If they don't win a Superbowl with this roster it will be considered a failure. The window only stays open for so long. Knowing we got it done and they couldn't sure is satisfying.
How likely will Shanny keep McCaffrey healthy this year? The best team predictions can go awry when injuries mount.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
How likely will Shanny keep McCaffrey healthy this year? The best team predictions can go awry when injuries mount.
He has had his share of injuries. If he goes down it will definitely affect the offense. They don't have an elite quarterback to overcome it.

I'm curious to see how defenses play Purdy now that they have more film on him. I noticed he's effective running to his right when protection breaks down. I think if defenses take that path away and force him to his left he might struggle more in 2023.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The 9ers have been getting away without having a top tier QB for decades. The reason is a perennially top 5 defense and a top end run game—basically, a team designed to hide and protect the flaws of a rookie or substandard QB.

They refuse to accept a basic truth of the NFL—it’s TOUGH to win a SB without a future HOF QB, especially now in a passer’s league.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The 9ers have been getting away without having a top tier QB for decades. The reason is a perennially top 5 defense and a top end run game—basically, a team designed to hide and protect the flaws of a rookie or substandard QB.

They refuse to accept a basic truth of the NFL—it’s TOUGH to win a SB without a future HOF QB, especially now in a passer’s league.
And spending 3 1st rounders on Lance will keep them deficient at QB for a bit longer. Their window is closing and they still havent found the QB they so badly need.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I don't think I agree that they 'refuse to accept' it, as much as it's really tough to get a top-tier-QB.

An organization that won five Super Bowls in 14 seasons, with two HOF QBs probably realizes the importance.
This is also an organization that selected Alex Smith #1 overall instead of Aaron Rodgers. God Bless the idiots.

Doesn't really matter, as long as the Niners lose. THAT"s what is important to maintain order in the universe.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is also an organization that selected Alex Smith #1 overall instead of Aaron Rodgers. God Bless the idiots.

But Rodgers looked like such a dick while Smith was such a sweet, polite boy. That's the way to judge the first overall pick for your franchise.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don't think I agree that they 'refuse to accept' it, as much as it's really tough to get a top-tier-QB.

An organization that won five Super Bowls in 14 seasons, with two HOF QBs probably realizes the importance.

Doesn't really matter, as long as the Niners lose. THAT"s what is important to maintain order in the universe.

You mean it’s really tough to DRAFT one. There are better QBs out there, should they want to go another route. They could have bundled some 1rst rounders and traded for a proven talent like, say, Stafford.

Oh, that’s right, we beat them to it!

Like you said, “God bless the idiots”!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Went to a Memorial Service yesterday for my sister-in-law's father and ran into a 49ers fan that is a good guy, but typical when it comes to the San Francisco 49ers. For this exchange let's refer to him as Jim, because that is his name.

i start with "Good to see you Jim" and he responds accordingly and then says, "49ers are going to win it all this year." My response was tempered considering the occasion and he continues to say "We got your number, we always beat you." I responded: "Well, except for once." And Jim agrees, "Yeah except for one time." Jim continues: "You have to get the breaks and this year with that defensive line, things are going to go our way, plus it doesn't matter who plays quarterback because we have three very good ones." He loves Sam Darnold.

So for some who are questioning why certain posters are discussing acquisitions of Canadian TE's, it is because it allows us to escape the day to day diatribe of these interactions. FWIW I like Jim and he then calls to his wife, we will call her Colleen because that is her name, "Colleen let's sit next to Den & Val so Den & I can discuss football." And the beat goes on.
As a rule I don't associate with whiner fans because of that very type of interaction. Could get ugly. But like I said in another thread, there's just one friend I have who's a whiner fan that I actually like. Used to work with him and he's a fun guy. Brought up that he's been a fan since the 70s (like me) and is actually in an old game video (halftime PP&K... on YT), which he mentioned in the 90s and I had sent to him some years back. He doesn't proclaim anything cocky whiner-related in our rare interactions. He actually says go Rams. If more whiner fans were like him I wouldn't have an issue with them. Unfortunately though the bandwagon, delusional, better-than-you crap accompanies most of them like a foul stench.

Turducken

Starter
Spot on. They are adding an Aaron Donald contract when they extend Bosa.

When they miss the prize in 2023… It will be even harder in 2024 when they have to release/trade way players.
I just tell my Niner friends that that I'd really hate it if my team missed out on a SB while their window was closing.

Lots of niners who need to get paid (Bosa just the first) . Trent is old and their highly paid skill players (Deebo, CMC and Kittle) are starting to accumulate miles. They still don't have a franchise qb, and if they find one among those three marginal talents, he'll want to get paid too.

They had a clear path last year and arguably should this year, but after that it will be a jump ball for the NFC West.

Last edited:

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I found out today that my cousin is dating a Niners fan:emergency:. She's a nice girl but doesn't know what she is getting into I think. What should be my move from here on out to get him away from her?:thinking:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I found out today that my cousin is dating a Niners fan:emergency:. She's a nice girl but doesn't know what she is getting into I think. What should be my move from here on out to get him away from her?:thinking:

Get him a Purdy Jacket!!

Shanny says he knew it!! Brock Purdy is 100% healthy .

Sam might be sitting ?? Trade value ??

Big Game

Living The Dream
Man i'm in a fantasy football league with some Niners fans, I have never seen fans(besides Cowboy fans) talk more ish and the team hasn't won anything since the 90's.

dang

Legend
Man i'm in a fantasy football league with some Niners fans, I have never seen fans(besides Cowboy fans) talk more ish and the team hasn't won anything since the 90's.
Same here. I’ve got 2 49er fans in one league. Both talk big when they succeed. Both have excuses when they fail. Neither are happy with their QB situation as it’s their Achilles heal. One guy actually made bets on head to heads against the 69ers with and heartily collected when he won but often enough would swear the bet never occurred when he lost. That’s the kind of “fan” they are.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Back in the 80's and 90's the 49er fans were insufferable. Always walked around with that "My dog is better than your dog" attitude. One guy I've know for a lot of years can be so annoying when it comes to the 49ers. Trash talking every time they beat the Rams. His brother is a big Rams fan like me. When the Rams knocked the 49ers out of the NFCCG we both tried to call him. He wouldn't answer his phone. :laugh1:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Back in the 80's and 90's the 49er fans were insufferable. Always walked around with that "My dog is better than your dog" attitude. One guy I've know for a lot of years can be so annoying when it comes to the 49ers. Trash talking every time they beat the Rams. His brother is a big Rams fan like me. When the Rams knocked the 49ers out of the NFCCG we both tried to call him. He wouldn't answer his phone. :laugh1:
9ers fans remind me a lot of Cowboys fans. They feel entitled to win, for no football-related reason.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Q: What is the difference between a bucket of shit and a San Francisco 49ers fan?

A: The bucket.