49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wouldnt have helped them last season, so why will it help this season? Garoppolo was their inactive 3rd QB last year in the Playoffs. He wouldnt have played even if they had the rule then
The season is going to play itself out.I guess we can cross that road in time.I’ll stick to it helping The NINER’s in 2023.

I’m going to guess though that your not going to like this Niner team at all & it won’t be because of BAD QB play or how CRAPPY Tre Lance is.I think they have a solid 3 QB & Lance ? Is the lesser
Of them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The season is going to play itself out.I guess we can cross that road in time.I’ll stick to it helping The NINER’s in 2023.

I’m going to guess though that your not going to like this Niner team at all & it won’t be because of BAD QB play or how CRAPPY Tre Lance is.I think they have a solid 3 QB & Lance ? Is the lesser
Of them.
What they really have going for them is a system with all pro playmakers that allows the quarterback to just get them the ball and let them do the work. And a good defense when that doesn't work.

Darnold is a backup caliber quarterback. Lance isn't any better. Purdy is the only guy who has shown something. But the way defenses tend to adapt I have wonder if he can continue that trajectory.

There's usually a reason a guy isn't picked till round 7. He does have weaknesses. But that system allows him to avoid being exposed. Run the ball and throw safe passes to the playmakers. Question is, will that be enough to win a championship?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What they really have going for them is a system with all pro playmakers that allows the quarterback to just get them the ball and let them do the work. And a good defense when that doesn't work.

Darnold is a backup caliber quarterback. Lance isn't any better. Purdy is the only guy who has shown something. But the way defenses tend to adapt I have wonder if he can continue that trajectory.

There's usually a reason a guy isn't picked till round 7. He does have weaknesses. But that system allows him to avoid being exposed. Run the ball and throw safe passes to the playmakers. Question is, will that be enough to win a championship?

IMO Sam will do well,and is more than a backup QB.You think Carolina will be good in 2023?
You’re talking yet another Top 3 overall draft pick.Darnell has some solid NFL experience.
—I’m cool with being in the minority,niner fans feel the same as you.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who the f is that whiner? Nothing in that game indicated they were somehow the better team.
He is/was the inside reporter for the Niners. He was on the fire Jimmy G bandwagon after the loss and now appears to have shifted blame more on Shanny....lol
Niner tears are tasty...

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

dang

Legend
He definitely has an anti-Shanny bias.

Flashback: This was very entertaining:
I don’t even listen anymore. Anyone/anything remotely connected to the 69ers and my blood pressure rises and my emotion immediately turns to rage. God I hate them. Which I guess is good for the rivalry but bad for one’s health.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Kinlaw claims to be worried about the impression Cohn might be leaving on his kids...while drooling food all over himself and acting like an idiot, a bully and a clown. :eyeroll:
Yep, Kinlaw is garbage as well. Any thing cousin fucker or cousin fucker adjacent is garbage.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The 3 QB rule only enables the 9ers to keep BOTH a serviceable backup (darnold) AND retain lance in the hopes of him developing into something they can trade. Otherwise, they would have had to either deal him, cut him, or go into the season with him backing up purdy. They signed darnold to be more than a camp arm—he may end up starting opening day if purdy is not good to go.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 3 QB rule only enables the 9ers to keep BOTH a serviceable backup (darnold) AND retain lance in the hopes of him developing into something they can trade. Otherwise, they would have had to either deal him, cut him, or go into the season with him backing up purdy. They signed darnold to be more than a camp arm—he may end up starting opening day if purdy is not good to go.

The 3 qb rule is only a game day rule. All 3 qbs need to be part of the top 53 players. The 3rd qb just isn't part of the game day team numbers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would think Darnold has a shot to start early too. Purdy may need more time. It wouldn’t hurt the Niners to see what they have with Darnold for a game or two anyway. He’s got a better arm than they’ve had in a long time. I know he makes bad decisions but with the QB friendly offense that Shanahan runs, maybe he’d look better than Purdy.