The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess they won’t have a choice but to put him on the 53. For two weeks. Maybe Stetson looks good in preseason and then Dnead trades him after week 2 to a backup needy team.

I’m happier going with a veteran backup like Garapolo.
You're probably right, he likely starts on the 53, just saying that they can put him on PS and call him up for 2 weeks while Garoppolo is suspended and then have him dressed as the "emergency QB". Saves a spot on the 53.
I cant see a team trading for Bennett, under any circumstances. Looking at the QB's drafted 4th round and on last year, O'Connell & McKee are the only guys I could see drawing any interest

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You're probably right, he likely starts on the 53, just saying that they can put him on PS and call him up for 2 weeks while Garoppolo is suspended and then have him dressed as the "emergency QB". Saves a spot on the 53.
I cant see a team trading for Bennett, under any circumstances. Looking at the QB's drafted 4th round and on last year, O'Connell & McKee are the only guys I could see drawing any interest
Yeah, it’s probably wishful thinking. I don’t know the backup QB situations for all 32 teams. But, if Bennett played well in preseason and there were a few teams that were hoping to pick him in the 2023 draft, then maybe they could find a trade partner. If he plays well in preseason I bet he’d get claimed pretty quickly after hitting the practice squad.

I just hate the idea of turning last years fourth round pick into a loss so soon.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it’s probably wishful thinking. I don’t know the backup QB situations for all 32 teams. But, if Bennett played well in preseason and there were a few teams that were hoping to pick him in the 2023 draft, then maybe they could find a trade partner. If he plays well in preseason I bet he’d get claimed pretty quickly after hitting the practice squad.

I just hate the idea of turning last years fourth round pick into a loss so soon.
I think with the new Emergency QB rule, a lot of teams will opt for carrying 2 QB, knowing they can utilize the PS.
I think that if Bennett were to play well enough they would be able to trade Garoppolo if a team needed a QB, but I dont see that either.
QB's lose their luster by their 3rd year unless they're basically starting. Look at '22, 9 QBs drafted, only 3 with the team that drafted them. 2021, 10 QB's drafted, only 4 with team that picked em

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah. It feels like there’s a tight system, philosophy, and plan to what they’re doing, too.
We saw how The Rams offense looked last season.Now you see how they kept there O’Line & upgraded both Center & LG(?). Then getting a TE who can block & to go w/ Long(Hunter),Davis Allen.Higbee will work his way back.

IMO The Rams won’t use a FB,but really turn to a more POWER RUNNING game.Boston & Tutu can be The JET. Robinson,Puka & Kupp all block well as WR.Plus can all sweep.

What playoff game was 4th down & Kupp sweeps for a 1st. Down ?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
And, in the category of “Most Talked About Player Who Has Never Played, and May Never Play, a Single Regular Season Snap,” the RODdie award goes to…

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Eric Crouch?
Go look at his stats. Mad Mike got it WRONG!! He needed to go defense & have better scouts.

Eric Couch was never going to be a True NFL QB. He was a gadget guy
who was to small.Tutu Atwell is working hard & getting stronger.His career is just beginning & has a lot of upside still.
Tavon was a gadget guy as well.He never ran stronger with any kind of leg power.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Dresser's brother Endtable is the one I'm holding out hope for.
No doubt, because armchair QB’s are a dime a dozen
Rimshot GIF

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And, in the category of “Most Talked About Player Who Has Never Played, and May Never Play, a Single Regular Season Snap,” the RODdie award goes to…
Damn, Brycen Hopkins almost qualified.....

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

NFL News: Los Angeles Rams’ Stetson Bennett Triumphs Over Adversity, Mental Health Journey Sparks NFL 2024 Inspiration​

Story by Prashant Chaudhary

In the bustling world of the NFL, where the spotlight seldom dims, Stetson Bennett IV’s absence during his rookie year with the Los Angeles Rams piqued curiosity and concern. Drafted in the fourth round of the 2023 NFL Draft, the former Georgia Bulldogs star quarterback had mysteriously vanished from the gridiron, leaving fans and media alike speculating about his sudden disappearance.

As the Rams gear up for the upcoming season, Bennett has made a notable return, shedding light on the mental health struggles that sidelined him. His candidness about his experiences offers a refreshing glimpse into the personal challenges faced by athletes at the highest levels of competitive sports.

Stetson Bennett’s Mental Health Takes Center Stage​

“It was about taking a moment to breathe,” Bennett revealed in a heart-to-heart with Jourdan Rodrigue from The Athletic. Despite the high expectations and rigorous demands of professional football, Bennett chose to step back, focusing on his mental well-being.

This decision, supported by Rams’ GM Les Snead and head coach Sean McVay, underscores a broader, crucial conversation about mental health in sports—a topic that often remains overshadowed by physical prowess and game statistics.

Les Snead shared further insights with News 19 WRBL, emphasizing the intense pressure Bennett faced: “To win a job, then to win the thing, and then to determine, ‘I’m going to come back.’ And when you come back, it’s win it again or you failed. And that does take a toll on a human being.”

Stetson Bennett Road to Recovery and Resilience​

During his time away, Bennett stayed in Georgia, away from the chaos of NFL life, reflecting and recalibrating. His journey through mental health challenges isn’t just about recovery; it’s about coming to terms with one’s vulnerabilities and emerging stronger. Bennett’s return isn’t just a personal victory; it’s a beacon of hope for many who struggle silently in high-stakes environments.

As the Rams welcome him back, Bennett now steps into a competitive setup as the third-string quarterback behind Matthew Stafford and newly signed Jimmy Garoppolo. His journey—from a walk-on at UGA to a national champion and now an NFL player making mental health a priority—is as inspiring as it is instructive.

New Chapter Begins For Stetson Bennett and Los Angeles Rams​

With training camp on the horizon, Bennett is eager to reclaim his life in football, a passion that, despite its challenges, remains his calling. “You kind of see the world for the first time without football, like the first time. What that might be like, whatever, you just don’t have it.

You kind of come (back) out here and you’re hungry every single day,” he shared with optimism. For the Rams and their fans, Stetson Bennett’s comeback is more than just another sports story. It’s a testament to the resilience and determination that defines the human spirit.

As he gears up to potentially step up as a backup or even a successor to Stafford, his journey continues to resonate, reminding us that behind the helmets and the accolades, athletes are navigating their paths, fighting battles beyond the field.

Stetson Bennett’s story is not just about football. It’s about facing life’s toughest challenges head-on and using one’s platform to advocate for mental health, making it clear that sometimes, the bravest thing an athlete can do is to step back, reflect, and heal.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

NFL News: Los Angeles Rams’ Stetson Bennett Triumphs Over Adversity, Mental Health Journey Sparks NFL 2024 Inspiration​

In the bustling world of the NFL, where the spotlight seldom dims, Stetson Bennett IV’s absence during his rookie year with the Los Angeles Rams piqued curiosity and concern. Drafted in the fourth round of the 2023 NFL Draft, the former Georgia Bulldogs star quarterback had mysteriously vanished from the gridiron, leaving fans and media alike speculating about his sudden disappearance.

As the Rams gear up for the upcoming season, Bennett has made a notable return, shedding light on the mental health struggles that sidelined him. His candidness about his experiences offers a refreshing glimpse into the personal challenges faced by athletes at the highest levels of competitive sports.

“It was about taking a moment to breathe,” Bennett revealed in a heart-to-heart with Jourdan Rodrigue from The Athletic. Despite the high expectations and rigorous demands of professional football, Bennett chose to step back, focusing on his mental well-being.

This decision, supported by Rams’ GM Les Snead and head coach Sean McVay, underscores a broader, crucial conversation about mental health in sports—a topic that often remains overshadowed by physical prowess and game statistics.

Les Snead shared further insights with News 19 WRBL, emphasizing the intense pressure Bennett faced: “To win a job, then to win the thing, and then to determine, ‘I’m going to come back.’ And when you come back, it’s win it again or you failed. And that does take a toll on a human being.”

During his time away, Bennett stayed in Georgia, away from the chaos of NFL life, reflecting and recalibrating. His journey through mental health challenges isn’t just about recovery; it’s about coming to terms with one’s vulnerabilities and emerging stronger. Bennett’s return isn’t just a personal victory; it’s a beacon of hope for many who struggle silently in high-stakes environments.

As the Rams welcome him back, Bennett now steps into a competitive setup as the third-string quarterback behind Matthew Stafford and newly signed Jimmy Garoppolo. His journey—from a walk-on at UGA to a national champion and now an NFL player making mental health a priority—is as inspiring as it is instructive.

With training camp on the horizon, Bennett is eager to reclaim his life in football, a passion that, despite its challenges, remains his calling. “You kind of see the world for the first time without football, like the first time. What that might be like, whatever, you just don’t have it.

You kind of come (back) out here and you’re hungry every single day,” he shared with optimism. For the Rams and their fans, Stetson Bennett’s comeback is more than just another sports story. It’s a testament to the resilience and determination that defines the human spirit.

As he gears up to potentially step up as a backup or even a successor to Stafford, his journey continues to resonate, reminding us that behind the helmets and the accolades, athletes are navigating their paths, fighting battles beyond the field.

Stetson Bennett’s story is not just about football. It’s about facing life’s toughest challenges head-on and using one’s platform to advocate for mental health, making it clear that sometimes, the bravest thing an athlete can do is to step back, reflect, and heal.
Oh, please. :eyeroll:

I’m glad Bennett has gotten past whatever he was dealing with and that the Rams had the class and compassion to allow him to do so.

None of that makes him a triumphant hero who embodies the human spirit.

Unless the Rams somehow withheld his pay (I’ve seen nothing that indicates they did so) he made over $1.1M in signing bonuses and salary while he got his head together. Let’s save the “beacon of hope” label for someone who triumphs over a higher level of adversity than that.

sloramfan

Starter
absolutely agree avenger...

just because he couldn't take what life throws at him, he is now some sort of hero?....

i've been through, just like all of you, some really tough shit in my life, and i didn't take a year off to "reflect, get help and heal" or whatever heroic bullshit they are crowning him with...

yes i'm in his corner...

yes i hope whatever he was dealing with is in the rearview mirror...

yes i want him to succeed as a ram cuz that's my team, and he is human, and struggling with whatever,,,,

but hero?

mmm... no just human

i'm rooting for you stetson... get yourself right...

but you ain't spiderman... you're just a man...

go rams

slo

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Yeah, this article pisses me off. What a load of horseshit and click-bait fluff. The author doesn't know Jack-shit about Stetson's situation, yet he presumes to call it an "inspiration" and a "beacon of hope".

And no, he didn't have a "candid" "heart-to-heart" conversation with Jourdan Rodrigue. Bennett chose to keep things private.

IMO most of the article reeks of AI-generated vanilla blather. Not sure who Prashant Chaudhary is, but this sure seems like a misleading piece of clickbait.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just saw a AI type YouTube video on The Rams in general.Giving it’s break down on The Rams & if they would sign Justin Simmons (FS) from Denver.

I was listening to Jake(Bon) who reminded me that Jimmy G is suspended The First 2 games of the NFL sssson. Does that give Matthew Stafford even more leverage ? Could we imagine Stetson starting the First 2 games of the Season ?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
From what I have seen from Bennett, he would be pissed at the wording in this "article" as well. I don't see him as the type that wants this BS written about him....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Stetson thinks that he has “triumphed”, then he clearly hasn’t learned a thing.
I’ll root for him when he’s wearing horns but he becomes more unlikeable by the day.