The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Of course we can and should be pulling for Bennett as a Ram and a human being. I just don’t see what makes him special and deserving of so much attention and now praise.

If I start a thread about Logan Bruss saying how brave he is, how he’s been through so much, and how amazing it is that the Rams are giving him another shot, I’d probably hear crickets.

Isn’t Bruss also a young man with dreams that have been derailed by things out of his control? Hasn’t he also had to fight for another shot?

Bennett’s just another marginal prospect to me. Hope he succeeds, expect he probably won’t, hope he has a good life either way.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
season 3 doctor GIF

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Of course we can and should be pulling for Bennett as a Ram and a human being. I just don’t see what makes him special and deserving of so much attention and now praise.

If I start a thread about Logan Bruss saying how brave he is, how he’s been through so much, and how amazing it is that the Rams are giving him another shot, I’d probably hear crickets.

Isn’t Bruss also a young man with dreams that have been derailed by things out of his control? Hasn’t he also had to fight for another shot?

Bennett’s just another marginal prospect to me. Hope he succeeds, expect he probably won’t, hope he has a good life either way.

Agreed on Bruss. I do think it's good that we're giving him another shot after things got out of his control. Hope he makes it somewhere, even if it isn't here.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Agreed - (and this is addressing ONLY the attention (good or bad) he's getting), probably cuz he won back to back championships, is a QB, went through some shit, some his own doing, and was drafted early.
But mostly cuz it's silly season fo NFL writers, and nothing else going on.

He does intrigue me though.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Maybe the praise is a function of understanding the details of what he was going through.

Details we don't know.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this article pisses me off. What a load of horseshit and click-bait fluff. The author doesn't know Jack-shit about Stetson's situation, yet he presumes to call it an "inspiration" and a "beacon of hope".

And no, he didn't have a "candid" "heart-to-heart" conversation with Jourdan Rodrigue. Bennett chose to keep things private.

IMO most of the article reeks of AI-generated vanilla blather. Not sure who Prashant Chaudhary is, but this sure seems like a misleading piece of clickbait.
Yeah, after reading the article in full, I think you hit the nail on the head.
What we do know is that he missed last season, but he participated in OTA's and appears to be a full go for TC
The rest is just all gossip, good, bad or indifferent

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Stetson works hard and shows he's ready to be a legit QB2, I'll give him plenty of praise. But when a guy misses a whole season for a reason not related to on field stuff, to me that's a red flag. Like it was said earlier, I'm not expecting much from him. So any improvement is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake

I hear you. Probably stating the obvious, but I think it's just because he was a name in college, and he's a QB (one that McVay clearly liked). Topped with the rumors of addiction issues and now a potential "comeback", I can see why, from a media perspective, that he'd get more attention.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear you. Probably stating the obvious, but I think it's just because he was a name in college, and he's a QB (one that McVay clearly liked). Topped with the rumors of addiction issues and now a potential "comeback", I can see why, from a media perspective, that he'd get more attention.
I think outside of Rams land, and Bennett's home area, I dont think many people really care much at all about his situation, its not like he was a 1st round pick or anything.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Agreed - (and this is addressing ONLY the attention (good or bad) he's getting), probably cuz he won back to back championships, is a QB, went through some shit, some his own doing, and was drafted early.
But mostly cuz it's silly season fo NFL writers, and nothing else going on.

He does intrigue me though.
Agree the article did not honestly represent Bennett's situation, but tried to capitalize on his issues.
When someone with the advantages he's enjoyed throughout his life faces something as vague as "mental issues" they choose to not reveal to the public for whatever reason, chances are it's not going to be accepted at face value and speculation will run rampant. All the more reason to keep it private in my opinion.
I can't even imagine the scrutiny these guys deal with every day, but figure I'd probably be incarcerated if I had to deal with the same.
Have a little respect for someone who has chosen to deal with his issues in the way he feels offers him the greatest chance of success in life, if not in football.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

You’re absolutely right you’d hear crickets on Bruss. Kid came into camp out of shape and looked clumsy as hell. While I understand the basis of the comparison, maybe DX would have been a better model?

Had Bruss worked harder on footwork, pass pro, and had better conditioning, then yes, there’d be serious empathy. I believe the Rams are draft or pot committed on Bruss. Just like they were with Bobby and the guard/tackle out of Maine.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Agree the article did not honestly represent Bennett's situation, but tried to capitalize on his issues.
When someone with the advantages he's enjoyed throughout his life faces something as vague as "mental issues" they choose to not reveal to the public for whatever reason, chances are it's not going to be accepted at face value and speculation will run rampant. All the more reason to keep it private in my opinion.
I can't even imagine the scrutiny these guys deal with every day, but figure I'd probably be incarcerated if I had to deal with the same.
Have a little respect for someone who has chosen to deal with his issues in the way he feels offers him the greatest chance of success in life, if not in football.
Kinda wondering at this response to my post.
Are you saying I need to have more respect, or that you have little respect for him?

dang

Legend
You’re absolutely right you’d hear crickets on Bruss. Kid came into camp out of shape and looked clumsy as hell. While I understand the basis of the comparison, maybe DX would have been a better model?

Had Bruss worked harder on footwork, pass pro, and had better conditioning, then yes, there’d be serious empathy. I believe the Rams are draft or pot committed on Bruss. Just like they were with Bobby and the guard/tackle out of Maine.
I get not having the skills or the misfortune of an injury that derails making it in the NFL. What I don’t get (especially from an early draft pick) is the inability to get in top condition to be best prepared for your lifetime opportunity. I hope the Rams know how to root that out in prospective draft picks going forward.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

That’s nonsense. Bennett looked like hot garbage in preseason. Was he out of shape? Did he fail to work hard enough on his footwork or field vision?

If you want to break the analogy, perhaps you might consider the possibility that Bennett’s problems may be self-inflicted. If you watched his arrest video from 2023, it certainly seems plausible.

Again…I don’t understand this urge to defend Bennett.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Watching the Rams draft selections the past few years its apparent to me they value certain things out of their selections... football smart... coachable... and a desire to win... Stetson has all three.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s nonsense. Bennett looked like hot garbage in preseason. Was he out of shape? Did he fail to work hard enough on his footwork or field vision?

If you want to break the analogy, perhaps you might consider the possibility that Bennett’s problems may be self-inflicted. If you watched his arrest video from 2023, it certainly seems plausible.

Again…I don’t understand this urge to defend Bennett.

He looked pretty good until he injured his shoulder.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
football smart...
Never understood this one.
He was a middling at best player thru almost 5 years of college ball, lightbulb finally went on at the end of his 5th year, and he had a great 3rd senior season on an incredibly dominant team.
He was gritty, and pulled off some great plays late, but football smarts is just not something to attribute to a kid who took that long to develop. Good on him for persevering, hopefully it doesnt take that long for him develop at the next level