The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
If Stetson thinks that he has “triumphed”, then he clearly hasn’t learned a thing.
I’ll root for him when he’s wearing horns but he becomes more unlikeable by the day.
I feel the exact opposite. The dude is becoming more likeable to me.

That much hard work, that much success despite the odds -- pausing to recalibrate instead of letting the success go to your head -- what's not to like?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Stetson didn't write that hot garbage of an "article".

And thats why I don't hate him.
Yet.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Seems as though the writer used a lot of creative licence in this article.
I have read he needed to take time for bis mental health. He wont expand on that.
This writer took a couple of quotes and created a narative for his story. Im sure bennet doesnt think he has accomplished anything. Nor does he think he is any kind of hero.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That much hard work, that much success despite the odds -- pausing to recalibrate instead of letting the success go to your head -- what's not to like?
Hard work?
He hasn’t been at work
Ever
Plays a game for a living
You want to see real perseverance? Stop in a 12 step program and see people with real problems and real responsibilities and what work they need to do in order to get by
Stetson is looking more like Manziel

dang

Legend
I just hope he learns from situations like Manziel. Just saying it doesn’t mean jack shit. Own it and do it and you’ll have a million people in your corner including a strong network of real friends and family. Best of luck Stetson!!

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Hard work?
He hasn’t been at work
Ever
Plays a game for a living
You want to see real perseverance? Stop in a 12 step program and see people with real problems and real responsibilities and what work they need to do in order to get by
Stetson is looking more like Manziel
Yes. I imagine quarterbacking back to back national championships required a bit of work. He is looking more like the anti Manziel. He was headed down a bad path and corrected it.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Yes. I imagine quarterbacking back to back national championships required a bit of work. He is looking more like the anti Manziel. He was headed down a bad path and corrected it.
I don’t know that making it through OTAs is proof that he corrected anything.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you got me there. Manziel only partied his way thru 3 years of college, not the 7 that Bennett endured. Poor guy

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Well you got me there. Manziel only partied his way thru 3 years of college, not the 7 that Bennett endured. Poor guy
chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I don’t know that making it through OTAs is proof that he corrected anything.

I was referring to the year away he spent addressing his mental health.
Whether working your job again or simply getting out of bed to brush one's teeth, recovery from a Mental health disorder is a tough journey. Seems he's attacking it. I could be wrong. But he's a Rams player I will defend until proven otherwise.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Just saw a AI type YouTube video on The Rams in general.Giving it’s break down on The Rams & if they would sign Justin Simmons (FS) from Denver.

I was listening to Jake(Bon) who reminded me that Jimmy G is suspended The First 2 games of the NFL sssson. Does that give Matthew Stafford even more leverage ? Could we imagine Stetson starting the First 2 games of the Season ?
Uh, no.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

I agree. As a male who deals with mental health issues (rapidly increased the last year), I applaud him for taking care of himself.

Frankly, the last year I've wanted to kill myself, but not die. Been emotionally, physically and emotionally numb despite having the best family, friends, and fur babies.. Chronic depression, anxiety and stress seem to cripple me anymore.. My whole body hurts, aches, and feels dead.

So, ANYONE who takes time to deal with their personal stuff gets MUCH more respect from me.

And this isn't a cry for help, just realistically speaking on experience.

And despite what we all think, me being a crop and hog farmer, who has a real life job compared to these athletes.. lets not pretend like they don't put their bodies through a gauntlet of diets, training, and routine compared to the most of us.

It's widely known I'm a Stetson fan, and an cheering my ass for him, and I'm happy as hell for him that he admitted and faced his demons (it seems).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I agree. As a male who deals with mental health issues (rapidly increased the last year), I applaud him for taking care of himself.

Frankly, the last year I've wanted to kill myself, but not die. Been emotionally, physically and emotionally numb despite having the best family, friends, and fur babies.. Chronic depression, anxiety and stress seem to cripple me anymore.. My whole body hurts, aches, and feels dead.

So, ANYONE who takes time to deal with their personal stuff gets MUCH more respect from me.

And this isn't a cry for help, just realistically speaking on experience.

And despite what we all think, me being a crop and hog farmer, who has a real life job compared to these athletes.. lets not pretend like they don't put their bodies through a gauntlet of diets, training, and routine compared to the most of us.

It's widely known I'm a Stetson fan, and an cheering my ass for him, and I'm happy as hell for him that he admitted and faced his demons (it seems).

Cheers, Otto. I'm so happy you've decided to live, first and foremost, and I agree with you: depression is insidious and crippling at its worst.

I'm glad Stetson took the time to get his personal affairs in order, first and foremost. I still don't like the pick, but he's a person, first and foremost, and a Ram as a very close second.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Cheers, Otto. I'm so happy you've decided to live, first and foremost, and I agree with you: depression is insidious and crippling at its worst.

I'm glad Stetson took the time to get his personal affairs in order, first and foremost. I still don't like the pick, but he's a person, first and foremost, and a Ram as a very close second.
Absolutely agree and appreciate you!

Now LETS GO WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It’s funny… when some here suggested his absence might be related to a vice (ie drinking), many chastised them for speculating. Now, some of the same people are weaving a speculative storyboard to create a tale of virtue.

Maybe he’s just a spoiled kid who couldn’t handle no longer being “the man” and he’s just returning now to try to make more money.

To those with personal journeys, I applaud you. You probably went through a lot more than Stetson Bennett. You don’t need to put him on a pedestal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It’s funny… when some here suggested his absence might be related to a vice (ie drinking), many chastised them for speculating. Now, some of the same people are weaving a speculative storyboard to create a tale of virtue.

Maybe he’s just a spoiled kid who couldn’t handle no longer being “the man” and he’s just returning now to try to make more money.

To those with personal journeys, I applaud you. You probably went through a lot more than Stetson Bennett. You don’t need to put him on a pedestal.

I have not speculated once, Avenger. I'm still not. Whatever Stetson's personal affairs may be, they are his alone. But that doesn't mean to not be supportive of a human being who just so happens to be a football player.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

You sound like a mentally strong individual. Congrats. I don’t consider myself strong, but I also don’t have what I would consider a mental health affliction.

And that’s the thing. I DON’T KNOW what others experience and to what degree.

I don’t understand what it’s like to go through a spiral and feeling of helplessness. I don’t know how to feel when that cloud of self doubt looms overhead AGAIN AND AGAIN ready to break into a tempest. I don’t know what that’s like.

While I’m not crowning Stetson, I’m proud to support him as a Rams fan and how this organization has treated him. They’ve provided space for him to deal with his demons whatever they may be.

If Stetson is able to turn it around and win a few games should Stafford go down, then that is a win. If he performs so poorly that he’s cut at the end of preseason, then so be it.

I believe it reflects really well on this Rams team considering how they’ve treated Stetson and his situation whatever those details may be. I hope the rest of the league takes note as there are many other individuals who suffer from mental health concerns and will observe how an organization supports it appropriately.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I imagine it ain't easy moving on from a steady diet of the finest ass in the US while partying his ass off for however many years he was in college. Now he's checking out some of these mindless cows in their yoga pants in the Starbucks line and thinking dear God shoot me. Plus I know well the pull of drink from many years of hard partying, and I "quit" some years back when I retired, which still fucking sucks. Sometimes I get crazy with a few beers. It really sucks though. The jones is tough.

But I like Bennett. I keep saying coaches can't teach these guys to have balls in the pocket. He's a marginal talent. But this offense doesn't require a top talent to perform well. What it does require, particularly to run it for McVay (who loves stretching the field vertically), is a big fucking pair of balls to stand in the pocket and look for that downfield dagger. And this guy has shown over and over in big games that he's got those balls.

So whatever. That dipshit media story where they're trying to make him an "adversity hero" annoyed me as much as it did some others here but in the end I like this kid. There's something about the way he keeps beating odds, so I'm not gonna bet against him. Hopefully he makes preseason games fun and wins a QB3 role. If not then all the best to him.