The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This year Stetson he’ll be on scout team.Do The Rams keep 3 QB’s ? Dresser will compete against him.
I am anxious to see more of Winn. I believe the Rams will play Garoppolo in the 1st quarter of the first two preseason games, followed by Bennett in the 2nd & 3rd Quarter, then Winn in the 4th. Third preseason game will be split by Bennett & Winn.

Winn has good size & arm talent, but lacked production, whereas, Bennett was all about production and having the ability to always produce on a big stage.

Overview​

Winn has decent size, a quality arm and impressive touch when needed, but teams will not be excited by his career production. Despite facing loads of pressure, he was sacked just 27 times during his career, per PFF. He has improvisational arm talent to make the challenging completion from time to time. He’s a pocket passer with below-average escapability and needs to prove that he can perform more consistently from the pocket. Winn offers passing traits that could intrigue a team enough to give him a look as an undrafted free agent.

Strengths​

• Shows improvisational ability to get the ball out.
  • Arm talent to deliver throws off-balance.
  • Delivers field-side throws with solid velocity.
  • Has a fastball for window throws and a changeup when needed.
  • Deep balls feature impressive touch and placement.

Weaknesses​

• Career production does not stand out.
  • Falls off of throws when he feels pressured.
  • Has trouble finding a quality platform when sliding the pocket.
  • Ball placement on intermediate hash throws is below average.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dresser will compete against him.
If he can't beat out Dresser Winn then he is done. I'm really not sure how DW even has a roll on an NFL practice squad. He couldn't even stick on a CFL practice squad.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he can't beat out Dresser Winn then he is done. I'm really not sure how DW even has a roll on an NFL practice squad. He couldn't even stick on a CFL practice squad.
I dont think Winn will see much, if any game time
Garoppolo will get a Q or 2, Bennett will get the rest. No reason to play Winn in a game unless the scrubs cant pass protect

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am anxious to see more of Winn. I believe the Rams will play Garoppolo in the 1st quarter of the first two preseason games, followed by Bennett in the 2nd & 3rd Quarter, then Winn in the 4th. Third preseason game will be split by Bennett & Winn.

Winn has good size & arm talent, but lacked production, whereas, Bennett was all about production and having the ability to always produce on a big stage.

Overview​

Winn has decent size, a quality arm and impressive touch when needed, but teams will not be excited by his career production. Despite facing loads of pressure, he was sacked just 27 times during his career, per PFF. He has improvisational arm talent to make the challenging completion from time to time. He’s a pocket passer with below-average escapability and needs to prove that he can perform more consistently from the pocket. Winn offers passing traits that could intrigue a team enough to give him a look as an undrafted free agent.

Strengths​

Weaknesses​

Funny. I'm anxious to see less of Winn. He only had one season in college out of 5 where he played the whole season. And that one season was with a school I doubt more than one or two on here have even heard of. He has ok size but it doesn't stand out. His senior season wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire with 18 TDs and 11 INTs. He defines camp arm. If he can stick on a practice squad that is. I really think that if he even makes it to our practice squad, we are wasting a spot.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Funny. I'm anxious to see less of Winn. He only had one season in college out of 5 where he played the whole season. And that one season was with a school I doubt more than one or two on here have even heard of. He has ok size but it doesn't stand out. His senior season wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire with 18 TDs and 11 INTs. He defines camp arm. If he can stick on a practice squad that is. I really think that if he even makes it to our practice squad, we are wasting a spot.
Sounds like Kurt Warner coming out of college.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like Kurt Warner coming out of college.
Which can be said about 15-20 QBs every year, nobody's
Kurt wasnt developed in college ball, if not for Arena/NFL Europe he'd be still stocking shelves at the Hy-Vee

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Which can be said about 15-20 QBs every year, nobody's
Kurt wasnt developed in college ball, if not for Arena/NFL Europe he'd be still stocking shelves at the Hy-Vee
Oh IDK I think Kurt would be at least the night manager or even overseeing produce.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There’s value of a practice squad player.The Rams have a good coaching staff.I totally agree for sure.IMO it comes down to a numbers game.Will The Rams keep 3 QB’s on the 53 ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Overview​

Strengths​

Weaknesses​

I like Winns size & curious about what The Rams think of him as a QB in the future. We all know how The Rams kept Willie’s as a backup.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all know how The Rams kept Willie’s as a backup.
March Madness What GIF by MOODMAN

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I really liked and am encouraged by both the Shula and the LaFleur pressers. Intelligent, articulate, and they get and value the McVay culture.
I was thinking the same thing. I really enjoyed listening them speak, didn’t feel like the typical coach speak, they both seem very in tune to their respective sides of the ball.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not a chance.
While I dont doubt that the Rams could have him on the 53 and guarantee his salary, there just isnt a world where a team would put him on their 53.
We should see a lot of Bennett in the pre-season, if he plays really well they dont cut him. Marginal or worse? PS for sure
I guess they won’t have a choice but to put him on the 53. For two weeks. Maybe Stetson looks good in preseason and then Dnead trades him after week 2 to a backup needy team.

I’m happier going with a veteran backup like Garapolo.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I was thinking the same thing. I really enjoyed listening them speak, didn’t feel like the typical coach speak, they both seem very in tune to their respective sides of the ball.
Yeah. It feels like there’s a tight system, philosophy, and plan to what they’re doing, too.