The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn’t that expose Bennett from being picked off the PS by another team while G-String is in his suspension period?
No, because they would have to sign him to their 53 man roster.

dang

Legend
No, because they would have to sign him to their 53 man roster.
Well then Yes. Not likely but another team could pick Bennett up and add to their 53 man roster. With G-String out for the first 2 weeks the Rams need another QB on their 53 man roster to start the season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then Yes. Not likely but another team could pick Bennett up and add to their 53 man roster. With G-String out for the first 2 weeks the Rams need another QB on their 53 man roster to start the season.
Not a chance.
While I dont doubt that the Rams could have him on the 53 and guarantee his salary, there just isnt a world where a team would put him on their 53.
We should see a lot of Bennett in the pre-season, if he plays really well they dont cut him. Marginal or worse? PS for sure

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do we know for sure that he hasn't been working out?
He has been working out & has gotten stronger.: It’s good to see he is doing well. Les Snead says he is happy that Stetson took the season off.

He used burnout as the excuse from all that he has been through through life as a walk on to winning 2 National Championships.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree, the Rams get a roster exemption for Garoppolo, so why cut Bennett? Unless he self destructs, they will keep Bennett on the final 53 for two weeks and then release Bennett and activate Garoppolo in week 3.

That being posted, I actually believe the Rams will keep 3 QB's throughout the year as and everyone knows I was against the Bennett pick, I believe Bennett will shine in preseason showcasing his resilience as he tries to put the demons behind him.
They can elevate Bennett for the first 2 weeks. If he’s on the roster game 1 his salary is guaranteed.
Garoppolo is the Rams backup. At this point, Bennet is just an emergency QB, a higher ceiling Dresser Winn

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At this point, Bennet is just an emergency QB, a higher ceiling Dresser Winn
Hey, be careful there I actually like Dresser Winn.;)
1716909443601.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a side note, regarding Bennett,
Does anyone know if he was paid last season and if that counts as a service year?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wow, I thought Stetson would feel pressured to share more of his story. But he's decided to tell the press "it's none of your business." And so far they seem to be respecting that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wow, I thought Stetson would feel pressured to share more of his story. But he's decided to tell the press "it's none of your business." And so far they seem to be respecting that.

He’s right. And if it helped him rediscover his love for the game and he plays up to his potential, we may already have our next QB on the roster. Moreover, with us sticking with him, we’re likely to get a pretty decent discount if he’s in our future plans

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The comparison to Jimmy Piersall is something.
1716994756568.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He’s right. And if it helped him rediscover his love for the game and he plays up to his potential, we may already have our next QB on the roster. Moreover, with us sticking with him, we’re likely to get a pretty decent discount if he’s in our future plans
After watching his interview,I don’t think he still gets it ? He’s surrounded by an excellent culture,but it’s going to be a struggle for him.Playing QB at an NFL is not easy.

IMO when The Rams drafted him & even more now that he’ll be nothing more than a backup QB.

This year Stetson he’ll be on scout team.Do The Rams keep 3 QB’s ? Dresser will compete against him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought all three were good interviews. Stetson looks and sounds like he's ready to go to work every day. Let's hope he is and does. I really like our young coaches. Can the season start now?