LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
7F92154F-B20C-4CD9-8951-A8D0AA9FA25A.jpeg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Had it 3 weeks ago - tv console was on order for 4 months.
Got it today and set it up.
I know 80” is the standard now, but this fucker’s huge after my 55”.
Can’t wait to watch Los Ramos Sunday nite.

:thumbsup1::thumbsup1:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Had it 3 weeks ago - tv console was on order for 4 months.
Got it today and set it up.
I know 80” is the standard now, but this fucker’s huge after my 55”.
Can’t wait to watch Los Ramos Sunday nite.

:thumbsup1::thumbsup1:
80" is the standard now? Fuck that. Unlike what she said, that's too big.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Does that have WebOS as the SmartTV software? How do you like that?

Easy to stream from your phone or tablet?

Looks like a nice one.
Yes it does, Love it, and yes.

It is, my second LG. Actually nothing wrong with the old 55”, except no WebOS - just wanted a bigger one.
Old one went into my office.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My birthday present. I'm not crazy about pellets. This is charcoal fired and I can set it and forget it and monitor it on my phone. Maiden voyage with some loin ribs.
IMG_20211107_123955868.jpg
IMG_20211107_123944488_HDR.jpg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
My birthday present. I'm not crazy about pellets. This is charcoal fired and I can set it and forget it and monitor it on my phone. Maiden voyage with some loin ribs.
View attachment 49605View attachment 49606
How do you get to this set it and forget stage with charcoal? I have a regular barrel style with a side smoker. I have to check the damn thing and mess with it every 30 minutes to keep the temp right. I screwed up a brisket really bad because I forgot to check for an hour, then overcompensated and burnt the dog shit out of it.

Anyway, how do you keep it the same temp for long periods?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How do you get to this set it and forget stage with charcoal? I have a regular barrel style with a side smoker. I have to check the damn thing and mess with it every 30 minutes to keep the temp right. I screwed up a brisket really bad because I forgot to check for an hour, then overcompensated and burnt the dog shit out of it.

Anyway, how do you keep it the same temp for long periods?
It has probes and a thermostat that controls a fan. The fan kicks on to push more heat from the coals when the temp drops below the set temp. It seems to vary about +-3°.

You may be able to actually rig a fan set up for your smoker but I'm not sure. You can buy the thermostat, fan, and probe set up. I'm not sure if this is a good one but it's specifically for barrel smokers.

View: https://www.amazon.com/pitmasterIQ-Temperature-Regulator-Barrel-Cooker/dp/B01MRUWGKY/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?crid=318IKEPP2AH6E&keywords=smoker+fan+temperature+regulator&qid=1636470291&sprefix=smoker+fan%2Caps%2C201&sr=8-17
It doesn't seem to have Bluetooth or wifi capability like mine but at least you would be able to set it and walk away if your smoker is tight.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This isn't the actual one I'm getting. It's being blown now... it will look just like this though. The bell on the jelly is 12" in diameter and the tentacles are 26" long. It's going in the stairway of my house.

View attachment 46095
Hey Selassie, I was scrolling through this thread and saw this. Do you have contact info?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sure there is a learning curve on your new toy, but how'd it turn out?
42089.jpeg
Pretty good. I sauced and then turned it up to 400 for 20 minutes to put a little crust on the sauce.

I did notice that one end of the rib was smokier than the other so next time I'll turn them about half way through.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
View attachment 49677
Pretty good. I sauced and then turned it up to 400 for 20 minutes to put a little crust on the sauce.

I did notice that one end of the rib was smokier than the other so next time I'll turn them about half way through.
That option of being able to immediatly crank up the heat is a huge plus.

I do it with my small pellet grill.
On my offset, I set a grill grate over the coals in the fire box to reverse sear. The downfall is limited cooking area

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That option of being able to immediatly crank up the heat is a huge plus.

I do it with my small pellet grill.
On my offset, I set a grill grate over the coals in the fire box to reverse sear. The downfall is limited cooking area
Yeah... It was a big deciding factor. I also like cooking with coals and this one has a catch bin so once it cools, you can just pull it out and dump them in the trash or sprinkle them in flower or garden beds.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah... It was a big deciding factor. I also like cooking with coals and this one has a catch bin so once it cools, you can just pull it out and dump them in the trash or sprinkle them in flower or garden beds.
I've rolled logs, but I prefer charcoal and chunks.
Much less work and easier to control.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I bought a big slab of walnut months ago to make a table. It's basically round but not really since it's just a slice of the actual tree. I wanted it that way because it reminds me of the slices of cypress trees that were made into clocks a lot down here in FL back in the day.

I have a guy doing the work on it and he is slow af. He got the edges cleaned off and put a couple of coats of epoxy on them. He also put an epoxy seal coat on the bottom yesterday and he sent me some pics. These don't show the top where the artistic stuff is gonna happen... these are just the edges and the bottom of the slab. It's gonna be raw when it finally gets done.

IMG_6989.jpg

IMG_6988.jpg

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6998.jpg

IMG_7001.jpg

IMG_7002.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bought a Sig Romeo5 red dot with a Juliet3 magnifier to go in my new Savage MSR-15. I’m getting ready for the Chinesee invasion.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I bought a big slab of walnut months ago to make a table. It's basically round but not really since it's just a slice of the actual tree. I wanted it that way because it reminds me of the slices of cypress trees that were made into clocks a lot down here in FL back in the day.

I have a guy doing the work on it and he is slow af. He got the edges cleaned off and put a couple of coats of epoxy on them. He also put an epoxy seal coat on the bottom yesterday and he sent me some pics. These don't show the top where the artistic stuff is gonna happen... these are just the edges and the bottom of the slab. It's gonna be raw when it finally gets done.

View attachment 50039
View attachment 50040
View attachment 50041
View attachment 50042
View attachment 50043
View attachment 50044
View attachment 50045
That's a hell of a burl.