LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just finished mounting Isaac. I did it alone and it was a fucking load... between my fear of heights and lifting this awkward beast up a 12 foot ladder on 1 shoulder while I held on for dear life... I am worn the fuck out. All this during a tornado warning too. I was sweating my ass off.

View attachment 54290

How safe is it to sit in that chair?

:laugh4:

Looks bad ass!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
How safe is it to sit in that chair?

:laugh4:

Looks bad ass!

That was a REAL concern last night. LOL

My 1st attempt at securing the damn thing on the hook that I put in the wall didn't go well. It appeared as though it was hooked... but it must've been just barely hooked. I was all the way up on the ladder with my shoulder underneath it's neck when it came right off the hook and came right down onto my shoulder. Cammy was watching this go down. Holy Mooooooose batman. LOL

The next time I got it up on the hook I put a lot of my weight around the neck of the mount too and made sure it was fully hooked. I was still uneasy after what had happened before but it's clearly fully hooked now. The antlers come off individually. They attach with a steel square piece that was put in when it was in taxidermy. Each one is heavy af. It was a balancing act/terrifying experience trying to get each one to slide into it's spot. I had to do that once I finally had the head mounted properly on the hook. It was seriously unnerving when I wasn't 100% confident in the hook yet. LOL

It's still hanging tough this morning. There really was a tornado warning happening during my hanging of this last night. The thunder claps were literally making the house shake. If that behemoth was gonna fall... it would've come down already.

My midsection core muscles are sore this morning after the workout that gave me.

I can't wait for my grandpups to come over and see it. I'm guessing they are gonna lose their shit. It is an imposing sight for sure. I bet they will think it's alive.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That was a REAL concern last night. LOL

My 1st attempt at securing the damn thing on the hook that I put in the wall didn't go well. It appeared as though it was hooked... but it must've been just barely hooked. I was all the way up on the ladder with my shoulder underneath it's neck when it came right off the hook and came right down onto my shoulder. Cammy was watching this go down. Holy Mooooooose batman. LOL

The next time I got it up on the hook I put a lot of my weight around the neck of the mount too and made sure it was fully hooked. I was still uneasy after what had happened before but it's clearly fully hooked now. The antlers come off individually. They attach with a steel square piece that was put in when it was in taxidermy. Each one is heavy af. It was a balancing act/terrifying experience trying to get each one to slide into it's spot. I had to do that once I finally had the head mounted properly on the hook. It was seriously unnerving when I wasn't 100% confident in the hook yet. LOL

It's still hanging tough this morning. There really was a tornado warning happening during my hanging of this last night. The thunder claps were literally making the house shake. If that behemoth was gonna fall... it would've come down already.

My midsection core muscles are sore this morning after the workout that gave me.

I can't wait for my grandpups to come over and see it. I'm guessing they are gonna lose their shit. It is an imposing sight for sure. I bet they will think it's alive.
Reminds me of every time I hung my elk mount Bob. Pain in the ass and even if I had someone to help, there was just no way for two people to get in there and hold it so you could turn the thing right to get it on the hook.

CeeZar

Rookie
Finally bought a decent offset smoker. So far, so good. StL cut spare ribs tonight.

1653782933284.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just bought MLB The Show: 22. Here's hoping for the best with that game.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
1655397775715.png

I live in California so I saved for a year for this baby... just put in last month. Ready for California brown outs and power failures.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
received_734261461247530.jpeg

Just bought this for my 9ft pontoon boat. I tried it out last weekend but it was blowing 40 mph on the lake so I couldn't really try trolling with it. Gonna be a fun summer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anyone have a VR headset?

The Quest 2 has a lot of good titles. I am interested in site tours and seeing some locations I may never see in person.

hcWa2MEHXzX6JDqjxdCQda-1024-80.jpg.webp

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
following
I am loving an App called Wander. It's pretty much Google Street View on steroids... you get a 360 degree view of all locations. You can go anywhere in the world, but they have "Places of Interest" that give you plenty of places to get started... Grand Canyon, Great Pyramids, etc.

I spent hours in New Zealand on mountains yesterday. At one point... "riding" down a ski run on a snowmobile. It's just like street view, you move around how you want.

This thing is AMAZING. I am blown away.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I am loving an App called Wander. It's pretty much Google Street View on steroids... you get a 360 degree view of all locations. You can go anywhere in the world, but they have "Places of Interest" that give you plenty of places to get started... Grand Canyon, Great Pyramids, etc.

I spent hours in New Zealand on mountains yesterday. At one point... "riding" down a ski run on a snowmobile. It's just like street view, you move around how you want.

This thing is AMAZING. I am blown away.
Ok.
This sounds really cool.