The Goff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KayJay

Starter
I'd rather just wait till he lights it up next week and watch everyone's reaction in here. For sure he needs to take care of the football. But he's not playing against scrubs man. Js. On to the next one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd rather just wait till he lights it up next week and watch everyone's reaction in here. For sure he needs to take care of the football. But he's not playing against scrubs man. Js. On to the next one.
I hope he does.

That said, I don't think the concerns based on patterns are diminished from one game.

But as I posted in another thread, I truly hope he turns a corner and just lights it up all the way to hoisting the Lombardi in the new year.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Maybe the Rams should trade Goff for Mitch Trubisky....they play about the same and Trubisky only makes 28 mill a year.

Actually the Bears declined his 5th year option and chose not to extend him. Hes on the last year of his rookie deal and is making like $8-9M..and will def be gone next year.

Whereas we paid Goff prematurely and now are stuck for another 2 seasons of him making $30-$35M after this year before we can opt out. And after we opt out in 2023, because we 100% will, we will still have to eat $8M in dead cap. Such a franchise changing mistake.

Marc Spector

Rookie
Here’s proof your wrong.

Chicago
Seattle
Tampa

Mahomes vs the same defense had 160 yards passing and the same abysmal performance until a Tyreek Hill got wide open down field and mahomes lobbed it up.

The Niners defense is simply that good with Sherman. It’s why they were in the Super Bowl.
FOH

That defense has lot a lot of talent this year from last year.

Secondly, Patricks decision making in the SB is irrelevant as he is even BETTER this year than last. His decision making in a tight tame has gotten better and this year Ive seen him make perfect decisions in the 4th quarter. Meanwhile Jared looks like a goddamn rookie, 4 years later.

TomMack

Rookie
The problem I have with Goff is the one thing that he can’t do and what Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, roethlesburger do so well....move just a little to extend plays. You don’t have to run like Lamar Jackson or have Jared Allen’s arm but the ability to just move a little to let guys get open. When the pocket is perfect Jared’s ok but still misses open receivers. And every time he’s harassed I think he’s going to fumble or throw a stupid pass. Just sayin.

TomMack

Rookie
Actually the Bears declined his 5th year option and chose not to extend him. Hes on the last year of his rookie deal and is making like $8-9M..and will def be gone next year.

Whereas we paid Goff prematurely and now are stuck for another 2 seasons of him making $30-$35M after this year before we can opt out. And after we opt out in 2023, because we 100% will, we will still have to eat $8M in dead cap. Such a franchise changing mistake.
Exactly right Mach. Horrible homework by me.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe McVay has lost confidence in Goff. It’s certainly has to be in the back of his mind. The eye test says that Goff is regressing

Rams77

Starter
Serious Question: Is Goff allowed to throw the ball away or is he just incapable of doing it? I see Rodgers, Mahomes, Brees, Brady throwing balls away routinely when a play breaks down or when all the receivers are blanketed. Goff holds onto the ball and then throws it right to a defender or he holds onto the ball and gets strip sacked. Every fukinngame. Throw the ball away Jared! Why is it so hard. Maybe McVay tells him not to? I dunno it just seems so simple

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff will bounce back. I don't know why, but the guy lays an egg a few times a year. I will repeat that he's going to finish strong in the last five games.

Maybe the Rams should trade Goff for Mitch Trubisky....they play about the same and Trubisky only makes 28 mill a year.

LOL. No, they don't.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Here’s proof your wrong.

Chicago
Seattle
Tampa

Mahomes vs the same defense had 160 yards passing and the same abysmal performance until a Tyreek Hill got wide open down field and mahomes lobbed it up.

The Niners defense is simply that good with Sherman. It’s why they were in the Super Bowl.
not the same defense though, at least missing 2 all pros in Buckner and Bosa

MachS

Hall of Fame
Maybe McVay has lost confidence in Goff. It’s certainly has to be in the back of his mind. The eye test says that Goff is regressing

The 3rd and 8 call last week should answer your question, how could he have not lost confidence in Goff? Hes turned into a turnover machine: 21 turnovers in 2019 and on pace for another 20 this year. You cant win with that. Hes in year 5 and looks like hes a rookie with the turnovers and missed throws. When will McVay say enough is enough? Fuck the cap hit we need to make a move before 2023.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
My biggest problem with Goff right now is that he's a little too indifferent to pressure. Watching Wilson and Mahomes play, they play with a kind of nervous energy that forces them to change up the throwing motion or bail from the pocket much more than Goff. I saw Goff eat a sack once this game but throw a pick on another because he stubbornly tried to throw from his usual wide base.

I think he would be a much better QB if we actually saw his sack numbers go up or saw him bail from the pocket much sooner on designed dropbacks. His accuracy wasn't great this game but he's been much more accurate this season overall.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
The 3rd and 8 call last week should answer your question, how could he have not lost confidence in Goff? Hes turned into a turnover machine: 21 turnovers in 2019 and on pace for another 20 this year. You cant win with that. Hes in year 5 and looks like hes a rookie with the turnovers and missed throws. When will McVay say enough is enough? Fuck the cap hit we need to make a move before 2023.

The third and long run or screen has been a McVay staple since 2018.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Whether or not he "can" or "cant" play like that is irrelevant. Its whether or not he does play like that. And he hasn't since 2018.

Its been 30+ games since we've seen that Goff so hopefully he just flips a switch and starts playing like that again right? Doesn't work like that man, look at his trend.
You don’t think so...cool

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Board members :explode:

MachS

Hall of Fame
The third and long run or screen has been a McVay staple since 2018.

No the 3rd and 8 malcom brown run he called, 2 min left in the game. That call. When one first down would've all but iced the game, he called a run when we couldn't run all game long. And that was after Goff threw the ball well last game. But the two bad INTs in the 2nd half affected McVays confidence to call a pass there. 100%.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
McVay said, “Our quarterback has to take better care of the football.” That’s the sharpest criticism of Goff I’ve ever heard from McVay.

Usually McVay is vague, where it’s unclear that he’s talking about one particular player. (He’ll usually spread the blame and say something like, “Guys that are normally reliable didn’t come through for us”, etc.)

MachS

Hall of Fame
You don’t think so...cool

You think he will because you saw it in 2018 right Ramlock? But what evidence have you seen since then, all of 2019 and 10 games of 2020 that indicate he can get back to that level and dominate for an entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.