The Goff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Goff is pretty good for 26 years old. Some QB's don't start coming into their own until 30+ years old. I think he's going to keep getting better and eventually he will be elite.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I hope I go years - if not forever - before I see Goff get more tackles than AD....
That is one odd stat - but Jarod went right after the pick.... :oops:

Ram65

Legend
Usually read most of the thread but, have been away so just catching up I read the beginning and the end.

I liked Goff from the beginning, He has had his ups and downs.

Last night I liked that he was moving from target to target in the passing game when his first read wasn't there. He didn't sit on a player. He moved on and make quick accurate throws and took what the defense gave him. Shout out to the offensive line for pass blocking however they had their hands full run blocking. Goff did well with a very limited running game.

The book is far from over for Goff. Goff is making the adjustment to take what the defense gives him. He has improved his mobility too. I try not to get too high on Jared or too low. He is still growing into the NFL QB position. Right now he is solid and on the plus side of average with the potential to become top 5-10 every year or better. He is so young.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Extrapolated to 400 pass attempts, which is EXTREMELY low for an NFL QB these days, that's 16 INTs.
And your extrapolation also equates only 8 games. If we "extrapolate" the 51 pass attempts over a full season, that would be 32 INT, right?
But would also mean 816 Pass Attempts. For comparisons sake, Kurt Warner a total of 846 attempts in his first 2 seasons combined, and threw 31 INT

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Dude 3rd and 4 is difficult to convert? How do I take you serious after you say something like that? That is not difficult its average, and one Goff needs to make more often than not when you have McVay calling plays for you. Blaming McVay for MIA is crazy when he has built in hot routes into his concepts that Goff didnt see. That's McVays fault for "putting him in that situation?" You mean giving him an answer with a wide open WR he doesn't see? Goff was horrible against Miami man dont try to defend that game at all.

Like I said other people have provided photo stills of the all-22 that show the same thing. I posted our team offensive stats, Goffs individual stats, and advanced stats that all show he could be playing better.

So again I'll ask, why do you think the offense is struggling this year?? We have the 2nd rated defense, the 8th rated rushing attack, and the oline is protecting excellently. Based on your answer, you're sticking with its all on McVay right?

We don't have Gurley in his prime with his explosive plays, catches, and tds. We don't have Cooks to stretch the field. We don't have Saffold. We have now have the youngest team in the league.

If you put the 2018 Gurley (before his late season injury decline), Cooks, and Saffold on the field right now--- Goff and the Rams O would be as good as, or more likely better, than 2018.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the first one "may" have been on Hendo. Seemed to me he turned the wrong way.
Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. What is important to me is neither of his INTs were terrible. At worst the one to Hendy was him throwing it away and not putting it down enough. The other he gave the WR a chance to make a play, it was a bad decision but not the kind where he completely misread the defense, the kind where it alludes to deeper problems.

Give him backhanded compliments all you want but we don’t win last night without him. Some have always loved Wentz but we don’t win last night with Wentz. I don’t know that any qb in our division wins last night aside from maybe Wilson but he’s been terrible lately.
Yeah and in a deep playoff level game shit's gonna get ugly. Both defenses shut the run down, both are great units. Both QBs knew they had to win it with their arms. Bucs were in it due to Brady and he also was why they lost. Rams let the Bucs back in it but also won because of Goff.

Sometimes it's a mixed bag especially when it's two high end teams duking it out. We should all be proud of our QB no doubt about it.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. What is important to me is neither of his INTs were terrible. At worst the one to Hendy was him throwing it away and not putting it down enough. The other he gave the WR a chance to make a play, it was a bad decision but not the kind where he completely misread the defense, the kind where it alludes to deeper problems.

Yeah and in a deep playoff level game shit's gonna get ugly. Both defenses shut the run down, both are great units. Both QBs knew they had to win it with their arms. Bucs were in it due to Brady and he also was why they lost. Rams won because of Goff and let the Bucs back in it because of him.

Sometimes it's a mixed bag especially when it's two high end teams duking it out. We should all be proud of our QB no doubt about it.

How about a simple metric here: By how much did Goff outplay Brady?

By really, really a lot.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. Time to change that.

I <3 Jared Goff.

That is all.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah and in a deep playoff level game shit's gonna get ugly. Both defenses shut the run down, both are great units. Both QBs knew they had to win it with their arms. Bucs were in it due to Brady and he also was why they lost. Rams won because of Goff and let the Bucs back in it because of him.

Funny though the Buc's were in it because of Brady but didn't let the Rams stay in it because of his mistakes. Only Goff's mistakes were pointed out. You see the difference there?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Funny though the Buc's were in it because of Brady but didn't let the Rams stay in it because of his mistakes. Only Goff's mistakes were pointed out. You see the difference there?
Yeah I do and both are true.

Brady's mistakes were huge. In fact it's all the media is talking about. Didn't think I needed to caveat that but there's some sensitive folks round here.

Flint

Pro Bowler
But let’s talk about the guy who’s so far superior to Goff that the Rams should have picked #1, don’t hear much of that Wentz over Goff stuff anymore, or Wentz over anybody for that matter.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I do and both are true.

Brady's mistakes were huge. In fact it's all the media is talking about. Didn't think I needed to caveat that but there's some sensitive folks round here.
hahaha

It's just funny that people can't come out and say Jared had a good game. One completion short of a MNF record, what 77% completion, 376 yards, took 0 sacks with Boom on his blindside, in a primetime game on the east coast vs a playoff team with a very good defense and good pass rush without anything even remotely resembling a running game and it's seems impossible for people to compliment the guy without backhanding him as well. He threw one bad pass and had another that Hendo left him to dry resulting in a 2nd interception. He had a good game and for some they can't acknowledge that. Sad really but whatever. He's leading us to the playoffs so I'm good.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honestly people keep saying his two picks last night were bad...
...bad in that they happened at all and weren't more awesome throws? Sure.
Bad that Goff threw them? Bad throws? I don't agree with that. Goff had to attack a great D all night behind a new LT and no run game. When you ask a guy to do that 50+ times, sometimes those INTs happen.
The INT he threw at Pierre Paul(?) the screen attempt...awful pass. Can't do that. The other pick? That's a shit happens trying to make a play pick. Fired it in there(low) in tight coverage....no problem with that. The D made the play.

TexasRam

Legend
The Ravens have the 31st ranked passing game.

1606260019572.png

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I have told a lot of people over the years "I don't have to like my president, just what he does".

With my team's QB, I DO have to like him, and I really like Goff. His attitude/demeanor, toughness, short memory, and the way he never points at anyone else for their fuckups. Just vey glad he's our QB, and hope for awhile.

What I DO want to know is what in the holy fuck is with these delays of game. If that's him, shit's really got to stop. We see it every week, every fucking week. They'll come off a time out FFS, and not get the play off.
I'm sure McVay's a part of this, but they need to correct it. That won't fly in the playoffs.

Whew - feel much better! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.