The Goff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRam

Legend
This game at Tampa Monday night is about Jared putting his big boy pants on and matching Brady blow for blow.

Brady has owned the Rams and Goff has to play well and he knows this better than anyone. Play smart, aggressive and protect the football.

If the Bucs are firing on all cylinders offensively in the first half, Jared needs to make sure his offense is doing the same.

If the game is close in 4th quarter, I'm assuming quarterback play will decide the outcome.

WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU JARED GOFF.

Step up your game and change the perception of your doubters.

usp-nfl_-super-bowl-liii-new-england-patriots-vs-l-2-2.jpg

Done.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i still think goff is getting only begrudging props for his play.

when talking about the rams offense it's still how smart mcvay is and how he schemes players open. unbelievable.

do we hear any other team being diagnosed this way? they're all trying to scheme players open, they're not running around out there ad lib making up routes on the fly. even the seafucks, it seems like they're adlibbing but they practice that shit they do endlessly and that's why they do it so well.

he has led the team to the second most wins in the league since 2017 and not a single person sings his praises like the other qbs on the list - the cheat, brees and wussell.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i still think goff is getting only begrudging props for his play.

when talking about the rams offense it's still how smart mcvay is and how he schemes players open. unbelievable.

do we hear any other team being diagnosed this way? they're all trying to scheme players open, they're not running around out there ad lib making up routes on the fly. even the seafucks, it seems like they're adlibbing but they practice that shit they do endlessly and that's why they do it so well.

he has led the team to the second most wins in the league since 2017 and not a single person sings his praises like the other qbs on the list - the cheat, brees and wussell.

Nope because unfortunately there’s a narrative that started with goff all the way back to the fisher days
“He is dumb he doesn’t know where the sun sets “
He couldn’t beat out case Keenan he was 0-7 his rookie year

Then it’s
Mcvay tells him the coverage
He is scared under pressure
He is too laid back
He sucks he throw a too many ints
His hands are too small

The actual truth of the matter in any way you look it is as a full time starter
He hasn’t had a losing season
Not counting his rookie year he is 32-0 when leading at the half
Went to a Super Bowl in his second year
Out gunned the best QB in the nfl in a slugfest shootout in prime time in arguably one of the best mnf games to ever be played
He beat brees in his house in probably one of the loudest atmospheres I’ve ever heard on tv in the nfccg

Look back at the QBs taken in his draft ... I bet the eagles would take goff for wentz right now .. Dallas would him over dak ... I believe short of maybe 4-5 teams if goff was put on the trading block there would be a stampede of teams vying for his services

Fuck the naysayers games like the phins game were and are a abberation ... I fully expect goff to probably have a few more like that in his career but I tell you what I also expect to have way more chiefs and saints games version of gif than I do Miami

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Was just curious on how Goff stats compared to some of the past Rams great QB’s and was somewhat surprised to see that if he can stay healthy he should own almost every major Rams Career QB records (Except, Hopefully, NOT Interceptions and he probably won’t catch Kurt Warner’s Rams Career QB Rating) in around two years. Not bad for such a young QB!!!

Last edited:

MaxQ28

Rookie
Nope because unfortunately there’s a narrative that started with goff all the way back to the fisher days
“He is dumb he doesn’t know where the sun sets “
He couldn’t beat out case Keenan he was 0-7 his rookie year

Then it’s
Mcvay tells him the coverage
He is scared under pressure
He is too laid back
He sucks he throw a too many ints
His hands are too small

The actual truth of the matter in any way you look it is as a full time starter
He hasn’t had a losing season
Not counting his rookie year he is 32-0 when leading at the half
Went to a Super Bowl in his second year
Out gunned the best QB in the nfl in a slugfest shootout in prime time in arguably one of the best mnf games to ever be played
He beat brees in his house in probably one of the loudest atmospheres I’ve ever heard on tv in the nfccg

Look back at the QBs taken in his draft ... I bet the eagles would take goff for wentz right now .. Dallas would him over dak ... I believe short of maybe 4-5 teams if goff was put on the trading block there would be a stampede of teams vying for his services

Fuck the naysayers games like the phins game were and are a abberation ... I fully expect goff to probably have a few more like that in his career but I tell you what I also expect to have way more chiefs and saints games version of gif than I do Miami

Well said. There is no doubt Goff makes throws from time to time that make you scratch your head like his two picks last night but what QB doesn’t? Brady’s two picks were TERRIBLE. QB ‘s who consistently win are hard to come by in the NFL and we have one. 7-3 and in first place. HORNS UP!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Say what you want about our boy Goff (and I choose to say positive things because he is a fucking baller).

But our guy is NOT a pussy whiny sore-losing punk ass BITCH like Tom fucking Brady. Just shake his damn hand Tom you absolute dick.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well said. There is no doubt Goff makes throws from time to time that make you scratch your head like his two picks last night but what QB doesn’t? Brady’s two picks were TERRIBLE. QB ‘s who consistently win are hard to come by in the NFL and we have one. 7-3 and in first place. HORNS UP!

Honestly people keep saying his two picks last night were bad...
...bad in that they happened at all and weren't more awesome throws? Sure.
Bad that Goff threw them? Bad throws? I don't agree with that. Goff had to attack a great D all night behind a new LT and no run game. When you ask a guy to do that 50+ times, sometimes those INTs happen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was very good last night, yes he had a couple passes we'd like to change. But he was good and so was Boom and the people that dislike both players unfortunately will never give them credit for it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Bad that Goff threw them? Bad throws? I don't agree with that. Goff had to attack a great D all night behind a new LT and no run game. When you ask a guy to do that 50+ times, sometimes those INTs happen.
Nailed it. We had absolutely no run game last night. Tampon basically dared Goff to beat them.

Challenge accepted.

When you throw 51 times against the 3rd ranked defense in the league, picks can and will happen. Frustrating, but they got the win.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Nailed it. We had absolutely no run game last night. Tampon basically dared Goff to bear them. Challenge accepted. When you throw 51 times against the 3rd ranked defense in the league. Picks can and will happen. Frustrating, but they got the win.

I think the first one "may" have been on Hendo. Seemed to me he turned the wrong way.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly it’s all about narrative ... Brett Favre threw a lot of ints but he was a gun slinger ... didn’t care and he is in the HOF

Goff does It He CaNt HaNdlE PrESsUrE

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I don't think any of the turnovers where our Boy's fault. Like mentioned, Hendo should have just turned and the ball was there, but he zagged. Right after that play Hendo was saying something to Jarod as they were heading off the field. Seemed to me he was giving Goff the "My Bad" speech. The second pick was defensive PI on the guy riding Bobby to the ground, Woods doesn't go down the ball was right there. The botched snap? Have to think that was a miscommunication and on Blythe.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I think the first one "may" have been on Hendo. Seemed to me he turned the wrong way.
I think the second was DPI...it looked like Woodie was shoved down and would have been right where the ball was...Griese commented on it showing a camera angle from the endzone and Goff let it go before his cut...
But they were throwing that pattern a lot and a good D is going to start jumping those routes...
I thought his biggest mistake was the deep ball to JRey when Woodie was coming open on a 17 yard deep crosser...but, hey..Hats off to the D

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff had a good game and was a huge reason why we won.

But it's a team game, and Goff and the offense are not the strength of this team. Whenever we win a game, or Goff has a good game, people come into this thread and sing his praises like crazy, ignoring the bad things he did in the game. I'm fine with that, but you have to understand that when I come into a thread and see things that I consider to be blatantly wrong or misleading, I (and I'm guessing others) are going to comment on it.

Both INTs were awful, awful plays. Law of averages when throwing 51 times? Maybe. Extrapolated to 400 pass attempts, which is EXTREMELY low for an NFL QB these days, that's 16 INTs. That's way too many. The first one seemed sort of random, maybe Henderson was in the wrong spot, fine.

The second one was a potentially game losing INT.

Now, big picture - we physically could not run the ball. Tampa wasn't going to let it happen, so we had to throw. And they do have a good pass defense, so I'm not as hard on Goff as I normally would be for the turnovers.

The offense as a whole seems to leave a lot on the field, no matter what. Thankfully Staley and company are there to clean up the mess:

Woods - ran a route short of the sticks on 3rd and 5; had the first down on 2nd and 10 and tried to get more yards, ultimately leading to a missed FG

McVay - I give him a pass for the first series in the second half that went backwards, but after that, should have made better adjustments; the 3rd and 1 run after the Woods mistake to not pick up the first was stupid, and the decision to kick the FG was even worse

Goff - second INT was awful, and missed Reynolds once deep and once wide open on the slant. I hope Goff went to sleep wondering why we didn't throw the ball on 3rd and 8 with the GOAT on the other side - spoiler alert: he turns the ball over too much. I had zero problem with McVay playing that conservative for that reason.

Overall, great job by McVay, Goff and Woods - but IMO those three teamed up to allow the Bucs to hang around when this game should have been a 17 point victory, easily.

Please note that I said great job by McVay, Goff and Woods - I just also feel the game shouldn't have been close.

Psycho_X

Legend
I thought his biggest mistake was the deep ball to JRey when Woodie was coming open on a 17 yard deep crosser...but, hey..Hats off to the D

Man idk, Reynolds was open enough that its probably a touchdown if Goff doesn't put as much on it. That's the one thing Goff has been off on this year is the deep ball. Have had half a dozen or so he's over thrown by a couple of yards that could have been huge. He's hit those in the past so not sure what is up this year. But yeah Woods was crazy open and may have been able to make it to endzone as well with the way he moves.

Q729

Legend
Honestly it’s all about narrative ... Brett Favre threw a lot of ints but he was a gun slinger ... didn’t care and he is in the HOF

Goff does It He CaNt HaNdlE PrESsUrE
We should be used to it by now. Every time our guys get a great victory the narrative is "What did (insert popular media darling) do wrong??" They fucking played the Rams is what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.