The Beer Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been drinking some of this lately. Small brewery outside of Chico.

1689818029632.png

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So this is not my picture full disclosure :D

We have a local brewery here in town called Revision. They just released a barrel aged Imperial Stout it's listed at 17.5% :o

Had one Friday night watching a movie and oh man was it good!

7fd4d0155342c66cbe452c845571f2fe_c_1368323467_raw.jpeg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

We have a local brewery here in town called Revision. They just released a barrel aged Imperial Stout it's listed at 17.5% :o

Good to hear. The Revision owner used to half own Knee Deep in Auburn, CA and moved on to Reno to open his new spot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Definitely going to have to try that. Do you know if they have it on tap at their brewery?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good to hear. The Revision owner used to half own Knee Deep in Auburn, CA and moved on to Reno to open his new spot.
It's a very popular beer among the local stuff.
Definitely going to have to try that. Do you know if they have it on tap at their brewery?
I've seen it on their site but it's been a while since I've been there so I'm not sure at the moment if it's down there. The only place I've seen it is out in Spanish Springs at Pyramid fine wine and spirits.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Had this one last night. It’s a big boy.
1712455558180.jpeg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
18.7% is bonkers.

The aforementioned Dogfish Head did a 22% beer many years ago, and it was like drinking tar.

When it comes to beer, strength does not equal quality.
Have to agree. Most ales or beers past 8 or 9% are just too sticky for my tastes. I'll still drink an occasional imperial stout or double stout but some of them do have the backbone to handle it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
It’s an acquired taste. Also many of the beers need a few years to age to increase complexity once they approach 10-11%. Other times, some of the beers taste too sweet or are full of fusel (astringent alcohol).

When you find a good one, it’s fantastic!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s an acquired taste. Also many of the beers need a few years to age to increase complexity once they approach 10-11%. Other times, some of the beers taste too sweet or are full of fusel (astringent alcohol).

Used to be able to find a Scotch Ale around here that was amazing, think I got drunk 3 times off a 6 pack of that stuff. But yeah I agree it takes a good brewer to make a tasty beer that high of ac.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I get it. I owned a brewery for 10 years. I used to make some doubles and some barley wines that people raved about. I still have a few of the barley wines that I open very occasionally.

I find that too many brewers use essences and to me they just taste like perfume.

There are some very good triples and imperials out there but few that I really like.

Hell. I had to be in just the right mood to enjoy my own.