Teams To Interview Raheem Morris For HC Vacancies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
last year 26th in points allowed, 27th in yards allowed, yards rushing allowed 29th, rushing average 31st, DVOA 27th

People go by emotion and what something looks like. Not necessarily results.

Baltimore moved on, Giants moved on. I think he's a good coach and there were some circumstances with Giants offense in 2023. But hay, he's 'gressive.

It's like Flores in Minny. 30th in yards, 24th in points, 31st in passing yards allowed --- good in rushing yards allowed, and good is fewest TD passes allowed--- good in some things but was 23rd in 3rd downs, 24th in yards/play

But he's 'gressive
Nate Tice and Robert Mayes talked about how much they were enjoying watching what Flores was doing now and how his defense has evolved. Would love to look more at what he did this year.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Nate Tice and Robert Mayes talked about how much they were enjoying watching what Flores was doing now and how his defense has evolved. Would love to look more at what he did this year.
There are different brands fo sure. But results matter. And in that regard, Rams had good (not great) results last few years. Flores, I am sure, is a good coach but his scheme, like all schemes can be beaten. It is question of how often.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
No real updates. He interviewed with the Falcons and Chargers today. Had Interviews with Panthers on Wed, Commodes on Thurs, and Seahawks on Fri.
I hope he gets an offer.

My concern is that Morris may be the 2nd or 3rd choice for most of the openings.

With Belichick, Harbaugh and Ben Johnson likely to get hired, that only leaves three more teams; and Vrabel, Quinn, Slowik are still available.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of my problems with Morris and this is just a personal viewpoint is that I have always liked teams to be extremely aggressive on defense like the Giants last year - Miami three years ago and Baltimore the last 20 years or so

Maybe we didn't have the personnel to do it last year but I felt we had the personnel in 2022 with Donald Floyd Wagner Jones Gaines Robinson and Ramsey.
The Ravens pushed Wink out because while he has great pressure packages, he has no counterpunch if his DBs are struggling and the other team can beat his pressure packages. He's too much of a one-trick pony.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
last year 26th in points allowed, 27th in yards allowed, yards rushing allowed 29th, rushing average 31st, DVOA 27th

People go by emotion and what something looks like. Not necessarily results.

Baltimore moved on, Giants moved on. I think he's a good coach and there were some circumstances with Giants offense in 2023. But hay, he's 'gressive.

It's like Flores in Minny. 30th in yards, 24th in points, 31st in passing yards allowed --- good in rushing yards allowed, and good is fewest TD passes allowed--- good in some things but was 23rd in 3rd downs, 24th in yards/play

But he's 'gressive
Where are you getting your numbers on Flores? The Vikings were 13th in PPG allowed and 16th in yards after being 28th in PPG allowed and 31st in yards allowed last year under Ed Donatell. Flores did a legitimately great job of turning that defense around.

Tano

Legend
The Ravens pushed Wink out because while he has great pressure packages, he has no counterpunch if his DBs are struggling and the other team can beat his pressure packages. He's too much of a one-trick pony.
Who has been the Ravens DC the last 20 years besides Wink?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who has been the Ravens DC the last 20 years besides Wink?
Currently: Mike Macdonald
Before Martindale: Dean Pees, Chuck Pagano, Greg Mattison, Rex Ryan, and Mike Nolan

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Where are you getting your numbers on Flores? The Vikings were 13th in PPG allowed and 16th in yards after being 28th in PPG allowed and 31st in yards allowed last year under Ed Donatell. Flores did a legitimately great job of turning that defense around.
Means I must have used 2022... that's my bad ... a big mistake ... have to apologize for that one.

thanks for the correction ... honestly appreciate it.
2024-01-20_14-41-43.jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Here in NYC, there have been a number of reports and stories (there's also a ton of bull-shit media here) that Martindale more than just butted-heads with HC Brian Daboll.

Reports that Martindale was more of a Defense-against-the-Offense guy. Now the Giants' offense was bad most of the year, and had a ton of injuries.

Martindale strikes me as a Greg Williams type DC. Talented but huge ego that can get in-the-way.

He would not be a good option for the Rams in my opinion, where culture seems to be extremely important.

To be fair, my view on Wink Martindale may be slanted. Tic-Tac-Dough was not a good show in my opinion ...
1705786925676.png

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Here in NYC, there have been a number of reports and stories (there's also a ton of bull-shit media here) that Martindale more than just butted-heads with HC Brian Daboll.

Reports that Martindale was more of a Defense-against-the-Offense guy. Now the Giants' offense was bad most of the year, and had a ton of injuries.

Martindale strikes me as a Greg Williams type DC. Talented but huge ego that can get in-the-way.

He would not be a good option for the Rams in my opinion, where culture seems to be extremely important.

To be fair, my view on Wink Martindale may be slanted. Tic-Tac-Dough was not a good show in my opinion ...
There were breakdows for sure ... defense and offense
2024-01-20_14-47-36.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always struck me as a DC that was good at only one thing. Blitzing and creating pressure and didn't have any answers for the rest of the job.

jjab360

Legend
Let’s just say you don’t know shit about the Rams organization and its coaches. McVay has always supported his coaches and the endorsement of them. McVay and his coaches has never been two faced, which apparently you must be used to being since you are so quick to accuse.
Wow. First of all chill. Try attacking the post and not the poster. You don't know me and I'll leave it at that.

Second of all show me where I said McVay isn't supportive or that he's being two faced. I literally said "I have no doubt that they mean every word they say that they believe Raheem would make a good HC again". Some may read into it as a "motte bailey" logical fallacy, but I'm not saying Raheem is a candidate to be fired or that he hasn't done a good job. I am saying that McVay is disappointed that Raheem hasn't found a HC job yet which he has literally said or suggested himself in interviews. I also think there could be room for improvement tactically at the DC position, although you'd be very hard pressed to find a better leader or motivator outside of the HC we already have. It's one of the reasons why I think Raheem is a better fit as a HC and a personality like Staley is a better fit as a defensive playcaller.

And yeah, the two third round comp picks wouldn't hurt either. Just look at what we did with our mid round draft picks last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Flores is impressive. I love his defenses. Only thing is I doubt he's compatible with McVay, just two drastically different styles.

Re: Wink I think you gotta be careful with older coaches. With this staff in particular energy is important and McVay wants someone to duel with in his live periods in practice. So his hire on the defensive side has to be someone with the energy to deal with all that. Also and btw I think McVay and the DC under him benefit from that. Staley was far better under us than he was by himself. There is probably a link there I'd say.

Tano

Legend
Flores is impressive. I love his defenses. Only thing is I doubt he's compatible with McVay, just two drastically different styles.

Re: Wink I think you gotta be careful with older coaches. With this staff in particular energy is important and McVay wants someone to duel with in his live periods in practice. So his hire on the defensive side has to be someone with the energy to deal with all that. Also and btw I think McVay and the DC under him benefit from that. Staley was far better under us than he was by himself. There is probably a link there I'd say.
Stop putting down us old people

old danny glover GIF

Tano

Legend
Currently: Mike Macdonald
Before Martindale: Dean Pees, Chuck Pagano, Greg Mattison, Rex Ryan, and Mike Nolan
Surprised they have had that many since they only had one head coach and other than Rex Ryan and maybe Chuck Pagano, I don't see head coaches in that group.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I was going to hire a hot coordinator type in this window it would be MacDonald. I think he's going to be one of those guys other teams watch vids of each week while he innovates shit.