Teams To Interview Raheem Morris For HC Vacancies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
waiting gif GIF

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jori Epstein reporting that some in league circles think it's Raheem over Bill right now in ATL. Pretty opaque reporting but she's super dialed in.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wouldn't want to work for Strunk. She's probably better than Spanos but something about her bugs me. I don't think it's a bad thing to have consensus among your leadership, but there has to be a boss for when consensus is forced and the others get in line. Is that Carthon. And is he up to snuff to build that team.

I do like Levis, quite a lot actually, as the QB1. So I'll give the GM credit on that one assuming he took him. Her comments make me think Carthon and Vrabel couldn't get along, but that roster has a long way to go and that division is on the rise I think. Jags have a good coach in place, so do the Texans and Colts. All of them have young QBs who could be studs. Have a feeling the Titans are going to be spending a lot of time in the basement under old Amy.
Like Levis too but he needs a ton of help to be a successful QB. He could be done by end of next year or the right OC, a rebuilt oline and at least two more weapons on offense could put him on the right path.

oldnotdead

Legend
It would seem to be a good fit since both sides know each other....i.e. no suprises. I think more than Billacheat, they have an interest in Vrabel and I think he's been scheduled or will be scheduled for an interview. IMO Raheem was a check the box interview, i.e. Rooney rule formality. I would hope not and that they will give him serious consideration but the question remains, if they think so highly of him why did they let him go? He was a DB coach for 4 years and interim HC for 11 games in 2020 going 4-7.

I still think Raheem's best chance is in Seattle. That said I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't hired by anyone.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Can we be honest here? No team is trying this hard and going this far out of their way to get their DC hired as a HC unless they're ready to move on.
Is this something you are just opining on or is it something that is based on something?

I think it is not accurate at all. It's not in Snead's nature nor is it in McVay's nature.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Raheem got a second interview with the Falcons. He has some history with Arthur Blank.

On The Athletic (Nate Tice) podcast they brought up what I was trying to get at on the Black Monday thread, about any team hiring Belichick. Bill is likely to recreate his Patriots staff wherever he goes. That hasn't worked out since Brady left. He quoted Danny Amendola, who said "We worked for Bill, but we played for Brady.". Things I've read over the years, seem to endorse this. Bill and his defense was what made that team go in the early years, but as time went on it was more about Brady leading the team. So, how long has Bill been this dynamic coach? At Jerod Mayo's press conference, one of the first things he talked about was the importance of getting personal and connecting with players in today's. Bill is not known for that. The guys on the podcast also felt that any veteran player would hate the idea of Belichick and his staff becoming their new coach. I agree. His camps were brutal and we not the friendliest coach. For years now, he and Kraft would pass in the hallway and not say hello. He sounds like a prick.

Arthur Blank seems to be a pretty conscientious and personable owner. He cares about his players. I don't know whose input he has in these interviews but if other people have picked up on this stuff, then I'm sure the Falcon leadership has too. Raheem just seems like a better fit with Blank on many levels. I won't be at all surprised if he is the guy they hire.

Belichick may have trouble finding a job. He's a bit of a dinosaur. He doesn't relate to players and that's a part of the league now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fixed!
Totally agree with you. I think PC was a good coach but truly struck gold in his drafts from 2010-2012 because of the intel he had coming from the college ranks. After that, his drafts and FA were pretty lousy
A Seattle beat reporter from The Athletic said that there was no buy in and no accountability in Seattle. They didn't believe in Pete Carroll. Players didn't hold each other accountable. The way he explained it, made the situation in the locker room sound like the same culture Fisher had with the Rams. Fisher was a players coach.

He also mentioned Pete's involvement in drafting as being a problem. They've drafted poorly over the years and then they ended up trading picks to get players to fill gaps and it hasn't worked. Schneider is going to have full player personnel control as GM. Whomever the hire is, they won't be getting GM power with the title.
I really don't want to see him at the helm of the shecocks. I think Morris is a good coach, motivator, and person. That's the last thing I want to see replacing the gum chewer.
I think Seattle needs some discipline and a guy who is ready to clean house. Ben Johnson, nor Raheem seem like that type to me. Both are motivators and players coaches. I agree with @dieterbrock that Vrabel would be a good fit to turn that team around. Pete has always run a loose ship. But would Vrabel be fine with Schneider having full GM control? I doubt it.

I think Ben Johnson gets that job and although he's a good offensive mind, and that's what they sorely need, he's going to have his hands full. Hopefully for him, he learned something from Coach Kneecaps about being a strong leader. Plus, a guy like Johnson would likely be willing to work on a team with an experienced GM that has full control.

I'd rather have Raheem go to Seattle. Johnson was masterful against the Rams. He was the one getting Hoecht isolated in coverage in the playoff game. He took advantage of a scheme flaw/weak link. I'll miss the days of Seattle not having any answers on offense vs McVay.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
.Johnson was masterful against the Rams. He was the one getting Hoecht isolated in coverage in the playoff game. He took advantage of a scheme flaw/weak link.
Well, for one half. In the second half he didn't get anything done.

For game, 60 yards below average, 3 points below average, 57 rushing yards below average, passing yards right at the average

He did well, but wouldn't call it masterful for the whole game. Unless you were just talking about the first half. If that is what you meant then that would be fair.

And if that is the case then a fair assessment for second half would be 10 yards rushing and 117 yards passing and 3 points --- that is not masterful.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, for one half. In the second half he didn't get anything done.

For game, 60 yards below average, 3 points below average, 57 rushing yards below average, passing yards right at the average

He did well, but wouldn't call it masterful for the whole game. Unless you were just talking about the first half. If that is what you meant then that would be fair.

And if that is the case then a fair assessment for second half would be 10 yards rushing and 117 yards passing and 3 points --- that is not masterful.
To me it is was because in the end they won. His play designs and exploitations of Ram weaknesses was impressive in that first half. I don’t recall anyone owning the Rams defense like that right from the start this year. (Maybe Dallas)

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
His play designs and exploitations of Ram weaknesses was impressive in that first half.

That's my point. First half-only.

It got shut down in 2nd half and at the same time, fans failed on a couple of red-zone TD opportunities. In the second half, it was Aaron Glenn who was exploiting the Rams.

The truth is that it was a tale of two halves. Lions offense won the first half. Rams defense won the second half. Rams offense scored 17 in the first half, putting Lions' defense into places where they made mistakes.

In the second half Ram moved the ball and got bogged down in the red zone and had to kick field goals.

I simply differ as to the completeness of the game the Lions offense played. Just seeking fairness and accuracy in the description of what happened.