Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRam

Legend
While Kupp would help we had like 8 games to come up with an alternative. We never really did. That is on McVay

I disagree. Some players are just much better than others. The Pats lost Edelman last year and lost in the Super Bowl. Look at how bad the Pats offense was this year at the beginning until steroid boy Edelman came off suspension.

Sometimes replacing an impact player is impossible.

fearsomefour

Legend
From the rock bottom of the Spags era, to Fisher, to McVay making playoffs year 1 and Super Bowl year 2?
I think the Rams actually define ascension
Year one win the NFC West.
Year two win the NFC.
Ahead of schedule I would say.
Now the really tough task.....maintaining.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
I said this in the GD thread I will say it in every Super Bowl thread.

Everyone seems to blame Goff and McVay. The o-line was trash. What game was everyone watching?
Said the same thing to my wife who doesn't watch any football except Ram playoff games. Wish our O-line which was fantastic all year would have shown up or at least made adjustments. Don't think Brady brought his A game but his HC sure did. Congrats to the Patriots and especially to the Rams who had a season to remember. One more thing: I feel terrible for the defense. They played a great game today. We'll put it all together next season and hopefully get back to the SB though I know there are no guarantees. Go Rams

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Edelman is Brady's #1. Stats shows that. Just like stats show Kupp is #3

What are you talking about? Prior to Kupp's injury against Denver, he was #1 on the team in receptions, #2 in receiving yards (to Cooks), and #1 in receiving TDs.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Fuck me! Guys. I said earlier we should have ran the shit out of CJ after the 2nd drive No mamez guey!

Tano

Legend
I disagree. Some players are just much better than others. The Pats lost Edelman last year and lost in the Super Bowl. Look at how bad the Pats offense was this year at the beginning until steroid boy Edelman came off suspension.

I also agree with Jrry. If we lose Cooks or Woods, we have Reynolds to play in place of them.

Kupp is one of the few indispensable guys on offense that we could ill afford to lose.

Goff and Whitworth being the others.

If not for CJ - Gurley would have been indispensable as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good lord the over reactions came fast after the game didn't they. Two years ago we were 4-12 and we just participated in the Super Bowl and got beat by a team that took advantage of a couple mistakes of ours. We failed to execute on offense all day. I aint even mad.

Yeah - but McVay sure got out coached.

—I’m sure he will take the blame as well.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
My only worry going into next year is Goff. The last six or so games he has not looked good at all after looking close to elite up until the Chiefs game. How in the world do you look like two completely different quarterbacks in the same season.

TexasRam

Legend
I said this in another thread. If we have Kupp, we win this game handily the way the defense played tonight.

If someone had said before the game that we would hold Brady to 13 points, I would have said - Guaranteed Win Baby

McVay got schooled by Belicheat's defense and Goff was overwhelmed by the magnitude of this game.

He was fooled by the Patriots all game.

However, I think this was a huge learning experience for both McVay and Goff. I think they will come back next year better for having experienced it.

Plus with Kupp, Goff plays a ton better. I just hope his knee heals up okay.

I wouldn't say Goff was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the game, I would say the Patriots defense played perfectly and covered up everything. So, Goff played real smart and did not turn the ball over. He also put some passes in real tight coverage that his WR's dropped or couldn't come down with, at least 5 passes that I saw. It was 3-3 till Quarter 4 when Goff started to finally find a few WR's open and if Cooks holds onto either TD pass Goff is hoisting the Lombardi as MVP.

A QB needs players around him to make the key plays in a game vs a tested championship defense and scheme like this, Goff wasn't overwhelemed any more than Brady was. Goff was cool under pressure and delivered. Brady and Him both had a pick they wanted back. But Brady didn't have WR's drop passes like Goff had.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
McVay and Goff did not do a good job on this.

1. McVay should have spread the field more for Gurley or C.J. Anderson to run.
2. High percentage of run plays were straight up the middle like Jeff Fisher middle school offense.
3. Goff had no urgency to get to the LOS. Clock always wind down to 1-2 seconds. And the Cheaters Defense was ready knowing which play was called.
4. Where were the TEs on this? How many catches made by Higbee or Everett?
5. Goff did not have the accuracy and zip on the throws. That interception was underthrown. Had he threw higher Cooks would have made that TD.
6. Rams offense hung the Defense out today. Defense played great but got tired in the 4th quarter.
7. Had the Offense showed up, Rams would have won it.

So this falls on McVay.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I also agree with Jrry. If we lose Cooks or Woods, we have Reynolds to play in place of them.

Kupp is one of the few indispensable guys on offense that we could ill afford to lose.

Goff and Whitworth being the others.

If not for CJ - Gurley would have been indispensable as well.
My wife says I'm indispensable in that who else is she gonna yell and throw things at?:thinking:

Tano

Legend
I wouldn't say Goff was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the game, I would say the Patriots defense played perfectly and covered up everything. So, Goff played real smart and did not turn the ball over. He also put some passes in real tight coverage that his WR's dropped or couldn't come down with, at least 5 passes that I saw. It was 3-3 till Quarter 4 when Goff started to finally find a few WR's open and if Cooks holds onto either TD pass Goff is hoisting the Lombardi as MVP.

A QB needs players around him to make the key plays in a game vs a tested championship defense and scheme like this, Goff wasn't overwhelemed any more than Brady was. Goff was cool under pressure and delivered. Brady and Him both had a pick they wanted back. But Brady didn't have WR's drop passes like Goff had.
I agree that Goff made some great passes but throughout the game, he was missing some opens guys on a lot of the plays. It wasn't until the 4th qtr where he seemed to calm down and actually went thru the progressions to find the open guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - but McVay sure got out coached.

—I’m sure he will take the blame as well.
He absolutely will and should. We shouldn't expect anything less from him knowing his track record.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Okay I'm going to say it. Was there cheating going on? I mean, our stellar O line got manhandled! How is that possible? Did the Pats find our tells like we did the Cowboys D?

I dunno, just so unlike us. We were covered like blankets down field, pass rush was epic, running only worked a couple of times.

How did the Pats figure out these plays during the game? Did they really have a great game plan?

This is the vent thread so I'm venting and if it ever comes to light that there was some sort of cheating, I can claim first dibs!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Julian fuckin Edleman.

rkGgkW.gif

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2 seasons under McVay/Phillips and Goff: Won the NFC championship and played awesome defense in the Super Bowl.

I dont know about some of you but I am going to be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.