Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
freak that! It's the Superbowl! He has to make that play! He's been inconsistent with contested passes all year.

Kind of in between on this one.. I feel he should have caught it but when I watched it again.. .the dude was holding his arm down.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
A pressured Brady isn't what I saw. A pressured Brady likely gets our defense scoring points. A pressured Brady is how to beat them. That happened 5 times this season.
Brady had a 77 QBR, He sucked tonight. Its just our offense sucked worse.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A pressured Brady isn't what I saw. A pressured Brady likely gets our defense scoring points. A pressured Brady is how to beat them. That happened 5 times this season.

He nearly gave us two turnovers in the first half and didn't lead his team to a TD until the middle of the 4th quarter. We handled Brady. Our offense simply shit the bed.

Psycho_X

Legend
What seemed to beat us is apparently the Patriots went almost exclusively zone coverage tonight. Completely changed their defensive philosophy in two weeks. That is impressive and can understand why our game plan was useless from the beginning. But I saw Whitworth mention that it really messed them up in the post game conference and this tweet from Orlovsky.

View: https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1092280125440385024

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Sean McVay got exposed today, badly. Hoodie embarrassed him. Jared Goff played very poorly. We can say ths is a young team, but I'm livid right now. Our team held them to 13 points and we lose by 10? That's joke. So livid.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
A mile?? That was a few light-years.

We needed Goff to step up and compete at a high level while facing pressure but doesn't seem like hes capable of that.

He had no time and we didn't have a short passing game or a healthy Gurley in the flats.

But yes, he could have played a lot better...

:deadhorse:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We weren't winning anything unless we fixed the offense. Brady got pressured plenty. They had 3 points going into the 4th. They had 10 points before we threw the game away. The defense was not the issue. Our offense did not do the job.
They had our O-line wired. They covered like a glove. We got beat. It's not an indictment of our team. We just got outplayed. Someone is going to get beat. And there is no disgrace - ZERO - in how we played this game. We played against a team and system that has seen it all. Kudos to the patsies and I think everyone knows how much that kills me to say. But we balled out and got beat by a team that has plain been there and was unshakeable in this game.

You're right in that our offense didn't get the job done. Their defense was fucking on lock down mode and we could never establish any rhythm or momentum. I'm depressed as anyone after this game but some times you just have to acknowledge when you simply got beat - and we did.

Onward and upward. GO RAMS!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They had our O-line wired. They covered like a glove. We got beat. It's not an indictment of our team. We just got outplayed. Someone is going to get beat. And there is no disgrace - ZERO - in how we played this game. We played against a team and system that has seen it all. Kudos to the patsies and I think everyone knows how much that kills me to say. But we balled out and got beat by a team that has plain been there and was unshakeable in this game.

You're right in that our offense didn't get the job done. Their defense was freaking on lock down mode and we could never establish any rhythm or momentum. I'm depressed as anyone after this game but some times you just have to acknowledge when you simply got beat - and we did.

Yep. It's a learning experience. We'll be stronger for it. Goff can shake it off and move forward. But man, Cooks killed me tonight. Fair or unfair, he could have changed the game. You need superhuman plays to win the Super Bowl, and he blew two big chances at it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It sucks losing a SB and it's worse that we lost to the cheaters. But they just beat us. Scored only 3 points. The almost TD to Cooks was big because that would have given us the lead but it was a good defensive play.

It sucks but it's hard to complain much when you just get beat like that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. It's a learning experience. We'll be stronger for it. Goff can shake it off and move forward. But man, Cooks killed me tonight. Fair or unfair, he could have changed the game. You need superhuman plays to win the Super Bowl, and he blew two big chances at it.
You know how I love Cooks and I would agree with you but I think even he would agree with you.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Boring, ugly game

O line played poorly tonight.

The defense was stellar tonight...Edelman and one Gronkowski catch. Patties run game, bottled up.

McVay could have been better.

Love the Rams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

You're right in that our offense didn't get the job done. Their defense was freaking on lock down mode and we could never establish any rhythm or momentum. I'm depressed as anyone after this game but some times you just have to acknowledge when you simply got beat - and we did.

Agree with everything except the bolded: I flat out refuse to give those fuckers any credit for anything. They lost that right a long time ago.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Where did you get that stat? What was Goff's QBR?
Goff was 59. His sucked too. The stat is ESPN box score.

But I dont need a stat sheet to know Brady sucked. He missed multiple open receivers. 13 points said he struggled.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You knew it was going to be a long day when it’s third and 2 and Goff goes to a 7 step drop back? Really? 2 YARDS, a quick dump off. I think Sean considers it against the rules to run 3 times in a row. So Goff loses 12 yards on getting sacked on a THIRD and TWO. Belichick knew Sean’s tendency totally and blitzed him. My guess is Todd is hurt, because we did not get one pass attempt to him, and that’s his jam.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Goff was 59. His sucked too. The stat is ESPN box score.

But I dont need a stat sheet to know Brady sucked. He missed multiple open receivers. 13 points said he struggled.
Well he hit his wide open wide receivers. Put together sustained drives. TOP had to favor the Patriots. Our D gets tired as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.