Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Missing open guys? Please do share. I saw the Pats covering up everything and the WR's dropping a few of the passes they got when they finally got a step open.

He missed open guys. As I said earlier, though, it's not as simple as Jared just being a bum or overwhelmed. Belichick is a master at fooling opposing QBs.

fearsomefour

Legend
Okay I'm going to say it. Was there cheating going on? I mean, our stellar O line got manhandled! How is that possible? Did the Pats find our tells like we did the Cowboys D?

I dunno, just so unlike us. We were covered like blankets down field, pass rush was epic, running only worked a couple of times.

How did the Pats figure out these plays during the game? Did they really have a great game plan?

This is the vent thread so I'm venting and if it ever comes to light that there was some sort of cheating, I can claim first dibs!
Finding a tell is not cheating.
Cooks was by himself in the endzone, middle of the field and Goff was so late with a lame duck pass it was knocked away.
Goff didn't see a lot of potential plays today.
He locked in on one guy and was progressing through receivers. Maybe that was pressure. Maybe he was confused and didn't want to make big mistakes.
That missed easy TD to Cooks with the one that will haunt.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
If Mcvay just went all out after the 2nd drive and said to the DNA rifle suckers, "CJ is going to run his fat ass down your throats!" Would any one here objected???? I don't think so! I sure wound'nt have!

fearsomefour

Legend
He missed open guys. As I said earlier, though, it's not as simple as Jared just being a bum or overwhelmed. Belichick is a master at fooling opposing QBs.
A lot of 5 DL looks with out 5 DL in the game.
Guys dropping into coverage.
Not a ton of motion by the Rams today either (to expose man or zone) that I saw either. I'm not sure I'm remembering that part right.
Goff seemed confused.
This is why (in my opinion) he missed Woods open crossing several times and Cooks running by himself for what should have been an easy TD.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I was seriously hoping for that the whole Fucking Time!

fearsomefour

Legend
If Mcvay just went all out after the 2nd drive and said to the DNA rifle suckers, "CJ is going to run his fat ass down your throats!" Would any one here objected???? I don't think so! I sure wound'nt have!
Everyone always objects when things don't work.
A lot of the same people screaming about running on 3rd and 2 would have been screaming McVay was predictable if they ran and didn't get it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At best you can argue that Kupp gets open like Edlem and and Cooks and Woods are jags.

Jags???
pffff

Cooks and Woods are ballers.
Just not able to overcome a poorly called game against a smart defense and a shit ref crew.

TexasRam

Legend

I saw very few errant throws if that what he meant by missing open guys. I did see a few times where Goff didn't see and throw to the open guy if that is what was meant by missing open guys. Reynolds for example was wide open on the deep in later in the game and Goff didn't see him throwing Deep to Cooks I believe who stopped his route. But those type of plays we could point out with any QB in any game. The first few reads I think Goff was seeing pretty well, but the defense did a lot of confusing things both with pressures and changing up their man scheme to zone at just the right time specifically just before the snap so Goff couldn't decifer what they were doing.

Overall in my book Goff had a solid game vs a Championship defense and mastermind scheme. He played smart without forcing the turnover and gave us at the end with some nice throws, unfortunately his WRs couldn't hold on to the winning TD's.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Everyone always objects when things don't work.
A lot of the same people screaming about running on 3rd and 2 would have been screaming McVay was predictable if they ran and didn't get it.

But, I will say this. I was seriously screaming that sh*t when it happened. I will also say, I am100% behind McVay the entire way! I couldn't ask for a better HC.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I saw very few errant throws if that what he meant by missing open guys. I did see a few times where Goff didn't see and throw to the open guy if that is what was meant by missing open guys. Reynolds for example was wide open on the deep in later in the game and Goff didn't see him throwing Deep to Cooks I believe who stopped his route. But those type of plays we could point out with any QB in any game. The first few reads I think Goff was seeing pretty well, but the defense did a lot of confusing things both with pressures and changing up their man scheme to zone at just the right time specifically just before the snap so Goff couldn't decifer what they were doing.

Overall in my book Goff had a solid game vs a Championship defense and mastermind scheme. He played smart without forcing the turnover and gave us at the end with some nice throws, unfortunately his WRs couldn't hold on to the winning TD's.
I wouldn't say he had a solid game but it's hard to say without knowing what his reads were. The oline didnt do him any favors today.
Dude spent most of the SB on his back.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Jags???
pffff

Cooks and Woods are ballers.
Just not able to overcome a poorly called game against a smart defense and a crap ref crew.
Not calling them jags. Follow the thread. I am disputing that the lack of Kupp was the crucial element

PFFFT

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
LMAO to DNA rIfle suckers! you ROD mods are genuises, haha!

TexasRam

Legend
I wouldn't say he had a solid game but it's hard to say without knowing what his reads were. The oline didnt do him any favors today.
Dude spent most of the SB on his back.

Under the circumstances of what Goff faced I thought it was solid. His Oline was unable to pickup the interior blitzes Numerous times and were not able to open run lanes almost all game. And the coverage was superb almost as if they knew what play was coming (go figure) but Goff didnt throw the game ending pick and threw the game winning TD strike twice to Cooks.

Flint

Pro Bowler
The defense played their asses off but when I saw the Rams ran like 5 plays in the first quarter I was like, here we go again.
Bottom line, Brady had time Goff didn’t. Woods and Reynolds were open but the Pats sped up Goff’s clock and he was trying to not take sacks. Reynolds had a step in the first half but there were guys at Goff’s feet and he throws it short, incomplete. Cooks is open In the end zone, Goff is late, incomplete. Woods and Reynolds are both wide open In the middle of the field Goff throws it to Cooks instead, incomplete.
Goff has joined a long list of young qbs Belichick has done this to, its unfortunate he didn’t have Gurley and Kupp to rely on when things got tough.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I think the game plan going into today should have been to help our JG out. All that BS about Gurley being healthy fooled no one! We all saw the arm tackle in the NO game! We all knew he wasn't 100 percent. Why not say CJ & TJ will have significant roles from the beginning and help our young QB out!! I mean shit, who didn't fig
ure that Jared Goff would need to have a good game to win this SB???

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
At some point as an athlete, pride has to set in and you make a decision to raise your level of play, or you dont.

This isn't Kung Fu Panda bro. You can't just decide to be better, otherwise everyone would do it. Even if it is possible, does the other team have the option to decide to be even betterer? I mean, if you can raise your level of play through force of will, so can the other guy.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Maybe McVay should get an offensive coordinator to (at the very least) slap him around when he starts abandoning the run and going vanilla with his playcalling? Others have said it before.... he outsmarts himself too many times and costs the team.

Many of us knew, sooner or later his bad habits would come back to bite the team and it just so happened to happen on the biggest stage.

Hopefully he has the ability to change and make the proper adjustments. But this is the same shit we saw versus NO and Chicago in the reg season.

Great game by the defense. Didn't hear AD or TG's names called much if at all this game... those are our superstars... wth? Jared needs to learn how to play when that pressure comes or he's not getting that big contract.

Let's see what next year brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.