Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Well he hit his wide open wide receivers. Put together sustained drives. TOP had to favor the Patriots. Our D gets tired as a result.
No doubt. He had Edleman as a safety valve all night. Who did Goff have?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
You knew it was going to be a long day when it’s third and 2 and Goff goes to a 7 step drop back? Really? 2 YARDS, a quick dump off. I think Sean considers it against the rules to run 3 times in a row. So Goff loses 12 yards on getting sacked on a THIRD and TWO. Belichick knew Sean’s tendency totally and blitzed him. My guess is Todd is hurt, because we did not get one pass attempt to him, and that’s his jam.

Yup. McVay laid an egg. But Goff can't take a sack there. He just can't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We can't afford to lose Cooper Kupp next year to an injury. Reynolds is a better fill-in for Woods or Cooks. Kupp is Goff's blitz-beater. He's Goff's Edelman. He was the guy who could have changed the game tonight.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Darth Belicheck schooled the young Jedi McVay today...

OTOH. .. my season ended in February instead of October!!! Thanks Rams! !!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
No doubt. He had Edleman as a safety valve all night. Who did Goff have?

This is where the injuries to Kupp and potentially Gurley hurt. Kupp is Goff's security blanket. Gurley for the check down was safety valve #2, but that seemed to disappear after the knee injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Theres a difference between playing your best football and losing, and then going out like we did today.

Were you guys happy with the way we competed? Out coached is one thing, that was abundantly obvious. At some point as an athlete, pride has to set in and you make a decision to raise your level of play, or you dont.

We didnt compete at the same level as the patriots. Those of you that played college sports or at any level should understand that. As our QB when you touch the ball every snap, you have to find a way to get it done. Some of those missed reads, late/bad throws could have been game changers.

Yes, I was happy with how we competed. I wasn't happy with how our offense played, but they fucking competed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From the rock bottom of the Spags era, to Fisher, to McVay making playoffs year 1 and Super Bowl year 2?
I think the Rams actually define ascension

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We can't afford to lose Cooper Kupp next year to an injury. Reynolds is a better fill-in for Woods or Cooks. Kupp is Goff's blitz-beater. He's Goff's Edelman. He was the guy who could have changed the game tonight.

Agreed. Kupp is essential to this offense. Cooks is the most explosive. Woods is the most productive. But Kupp is the most important in my opinion.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Agreed. Kupp is essential to this offense. Cooks is the most explosive. Woods is the most productive. But Kupp is the most important in my opinion.
While Kupp would help we had like 8 games to come up with an alternative. We never really did. That is on McVay

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
While Kupp would help we had like 8 games to come up with an alternative. We never really did. That is on McVay

I don't think so. The reality is we don't have the personnel to replace Kupp. There's nothing McVay can do about that. Instead, we had to morph our offense and adapt. We did an admirable job of that by becoming a run-first team. In the end, our run-first team couldn't establish the run, got pass happy, laid an egg on offense in general, and that was the difference.

Tano

Legend
I said this in another thread. If we have Kupp, we win this game handily the way the defense played tonight.

If someone had said before the game that we would hold Brady to 13 points, I would have said - Guaranteed Win Baby

McVay got schooled by Belicheat's defense and Goff was overwhelmed by the magnitude of this game.

He was fooled by the Patriots all game.

However, I think this was a huge learning experience for both McVay and Goff. I think they will come back next year better for having experienced it.

Plus with Kupp, Goff plays a ton better. I just hope his knee heals up okay.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I don't think so. The reality is we don't have the personnel to replace Kupp. There's nothing McVay can do about that. Instead, we had to morph our offense and adapt. We did an admirable job of that by becoming a run-first team. In the end, our run-first team couldn't establish the run, got pass happy, laid an egg on offense in general, and that was the difference.
Totally diasgree. You can get others like Everertt involved.

Untimatley Kupp is our #3 WR. If we cannot overcome that well they we damn well deserve to lose.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I’m upset but not that much. We have our core players to be back here again. Our coach, hopefully, has learned a valuable lesson. He’s young. Our Qb is young. We WILL be back. It’s amazing how far we came in only 2 years. Great year by our guys and the arrow is still pointing up!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Defeatist attitude after a season like this. If i were ever stuck in a foxhole i'd kick alot of you guys out and just go it alone. :whistle:

But by all means have at it. You sound silly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally diasgree. You can get others like Everertt involved.

Untimatley Kupp is our #3 WR. If we cannot overcome that well they we damn well deserve to lose.

Kupp is our #3 WR like Edelman is Brady's #3 WR.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Every time it was 3rd and short, which wasn’t often, I was yelling don’t try to surprise them just run it. Usually it was play action with Goff trying to buy time or running for his life. Then the next time it seemed like they were going they’ll never expect a pass cuz it didn’t work last time and guess what, they weren’t fooled.

fearsomefour

Legend
The main difference I see between now and 2001 is front office.
The Rams have a quality one now. By 2001 the violently insane Mike Martz was in dictatorial control. He drafted badly.
The draft will be the real key to maintaining and sustaining the success.
Who knows how that will go?
I have more faith in McVay, Snead and Co than what the Martz show turned into.

Status
Not open for further replies.