Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It was these two posts in particular that I was replying to. I apologize for not being more clear in who I was speaking to. I was reinforcing one while tampering what the other was alluding to. My apologies.

no worries. I wasn't fretting. cheers

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That doesn’t answer the question though! What criteria do the have to be superior at to be called elite?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Rmfnlt @Dieter the Brock
It was these two posts in particular that I was replying to. I apologize for not being more clear in who I was speaking to. I was reinforcing one while tampering what the other was alluding to. My apologies.
(note: should be @dieterbrock)

Ok, so two members feel he's "Elite"... not sure that's worth getting feathers ruffled.

Now... defining "Elite"? THAT'S worthy of intense debate!! ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

RamWoodie

Legend
I don't sweat what the media says concerning Goff because he's the type of guy that's reserved...BUT...very confident in what he can do...AND HE DOES IT.

They can talk while the Rams win.

When it comes to the Mahomes kid, he's earned his praise and he is impressive.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The Rams and Goff talk starts at 1:04. Dilfer likes Goff a lot.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Top 5 means top 5. If you think Goff isn't top 5 then list the 5 QBs that are better. Conversely, if you think Goff is Top 5 than explain how he's better then Newton, Wentz, Wilson, Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Manning, Luck, etc.

I don't think he's top 5. My top 5 in no particular order would be:
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Ryan.

Also, Matt Ryan is really the only debatable player in that top imo.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Top 5 means top 5. If you think Goff isn't top 5 then list the 5 QBs that are better. Conversely, if you think Goff is Top 5 than explain how he's better then Newton, Wentz, Wilson, Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Manning, Luck, etc.

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Ryan.

I'm not sold on Russel Wilson or Matt Ryan. If I had to choose I'd replace Matty Ice with Phillip Rivers. Honestly though that's a darn solid rank imo, I just don't think that Rivers Ryan or Wilson are in the same conversation as the other three. You have the top 3 guys, and then you have the rest of the league.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT

Ok, so two members feel he's "Elite"... not sure that's worth getting feathers ruffled.

Here's what id say. If you can offer a valid argument as to why a certain guy could be considered the best QB in the league (which is always debatable) then I think you could call the guy "elite". Elite meaning the best. Anyone else is second rate at that point, right?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Heck, I just don't think anyone called Goff "elite" and that the whole argument about whether he is or isn't, is chasing ghosts.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
My definition of elite: If I say they are elite, then they are elite.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So where's the cutoff? "A select part".

I'm not trying to be difficult here... but the categorization is so nebulous.
No different than "Top", "Great", "Leading", etc. I think most Adjectives are like that aren't they? That is more a language thing that an ESPN or "Elite" thing.

I think most people come to a similar conclusion about what an "Elite Quarterback" is. Each of our definition may be slightly different, but isn't that just the way we communicate?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
With rare exceptions the O-line makes or breaks a QB. Second comes the play calling. Third the running game which is tied to the O-line as well. Fourth is the ability of the receivers to create separation. Goff is blessed to have all of those factors clicking at the same time.

Right now I'm thrilled to see what this young man is accomplishing. He has ice water in his veins which is not something that can be taught. We're blessed to have him. However, there are many good teams he will have to face this season, much adversity to overcome. More will be revealed.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I'm not sold on Russel Wilson or Matt Ryan. If I had to choose I'd replace Matty Ice with Phillip Rivers. Honestly though that's a darn solid rank imo, I just don't think that Rivers Ryan or Wilson are in the same conversation as the other three. You have the top 3 guys, and then you have the rest of the league.
But which of these guys would be better with the Rams? ok, Rogers and maybe Brady. Not Brees, he can’t make the throws any more that Goff can. Not Ryan, too inconsistent. Not Wilson, great at making scrambling plays, throws downfield well, but not a pocket qb who can throw the ball over the line on a rope to not so tall receivers such as Cooks. Actually, imo Goff is a perfect fit for what McVay wants to do.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
But which of these guys would be better with the Rams? ok, Rogers and maybe Brady. Not Brees, he can’t make the throws any more that Goff can. Not Ryan, too inconsistent. Not Wilson, great at making scrambling plays, throws downfield well, but not a pocket qb who can throw the ball over the line on a rope to not so tall receivers such as Cooks. Actually, imo Goff is a perfect fit for what McVay wants to do.
One more thought: I expect Cooks to much improve on his previous numbers with Brees and Brady now that he has Goff to throw to him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Anyone notice how many people can't pick the Jaguars to win the Superbowl because of their quarterback? Quite a few from what I've seen. I haven't seen anyone say they can't pick the Rams because of their quarterback. All I've seen is that the Rams are screwed if Goff goes down. As much as people like to pick at Goff for whatever, no one thinks they're a quarterback shy of winning a Superbowl. Obviously they think he's good enough to lead a Superbowl team and a top scoring offense.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Excuse me? The irony of your statement is comical.
You are right, it wasn't said. So maybe YOU should read more carefully, but more importantly, POST more respectfully

I said it.

I said it.

Goff’s a top 5 QB.

I said what I said
And I said what I meant
I meant what I said
One hundred percent.

No inference from me.

Respectfully yours,
Mack

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Ryan.

I think Goff is top 5 and I already posted my top 10 list including brief explanations why.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, I’m so not done celebrating how amazing this team is so no real time to indulge in the luxury of arguing semantics of “elite”.

When did we get so bougie that we forget where we were so recently?