Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

James Otto

Starter
Media is all over Mahomes jock now. I saw on NFL Network last night - look at this, Mahomes throws a pass at it travels 62 yards in the air, longest in the NFL since the start of last season!

Interesting, considering Goff's pass to Cooks yesterday traveled 65 yards in the air ....

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
While I would agree Goff still has not gotten the respect he deserves from the media just yet (with exception of Shrager and those guys-they love us!), what Mahomes has accomplished this far is pretty amazing! 3 games as a pro under his belt and he is lighting the league on fire! 6 TDs cmon!! Goes to show how wel a qb can do in a system that caters to their skill.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Goff is Joe cool back there. He doesn't make the eye popping athletic play the powers that be over on BSPN fall for. Plus he doesn't play for some media darling team. Fact of the matter is many in the media resent his success because they labeled him a bust and now look like idiots.

All he is is a gunslinger folks. He throws balls downfield and is a true pocket passer. He also is deceptive with his pocket movements.

He will only get better in this offense. He's more in control of it today than last year. He'll be a top 5 QB in this league.

Also, none of this excludes Mahomes from being great as well.

Big Game

Living The Dream
No worries most of the media doesn't want to admit being wrong on Goff. Lets just keep winning games and get to the playoffs and beyond.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Who cares at this point. The media is full of garbage reporters and garbage producers. They all talk about the same thing all day everyday. I miss our boys back in STL talking Rams football.

I'd give anything for some REAL sports talk about the Rams

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I would agree Goff still has not gotten the respect he deserves from the media just yet (with exception of Shrager and those guys-they love us!), what Mahomes has accomplished this far is pretty amazing! 3 games as a pro under his belt and he is lighting the league on fire! 6 TDs cmon!! Goes to show how wel a qb can do in a system that caters to their skill.
Someone please remind me how many NFL games Mahomes has played in?

NY had crowned Darnold "King of NY"... oh, wait!

Goff played at a very high level last year... one full year. And, he's picked up where he left off.

Keep writing about Cajones and others... we'll just sit back and watch a man who really has become on of the very best QBs in the league.

Oh... and watch the "W"s pile up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's OK by me. Last year they were crowning the Chiefs & Alex Smith after the week one beating they laid on the Cheatriots. How'd that work out for them?

Let the Rams fly under the radar, it's all good.

upload_2018-9-17_10-2-56.jpeg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will get enough respect when the Lombardi is raised high over McVay’s Head. (And I’m not talking Michael Lombardi, RamsFan503!)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The true test of an Andy Reid QB and team is the second half of a season. Really looking forward to our matchup with them.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's OK by me. Last year they were crowning the Chiefs & Alex Smith after the week one beating they laid on the Cheatriots. How'd that work out for them?

Let the Rams fly under the radar, it's all good.

View attachment 26230
Generally, I agree... but not allowing your opponent to cross the fifty yard line until the last series? That deserves some mention!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We will get enough respect when the Lombardi is raised high over McVay’s Head. (And I’m not talking Michael Lombardi, RamsFan503!)
Not sure I get the reference but ok. Is it because I can’t stand the douchebag?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams fans are doing the opposite of the media - and the truth lies in between.

Goff missed COUNTLESS open deep throws against the Raiders.

He missed a WIDE OPEN Robert Woods yesterday - a throw that some of us could have hit because of how open he was.

He allowed a ball to be batted down to a WIDE OPEN Brandin Cooks.

And still when faced with pressure more often than not, the play is dead (although he did make a few nice throws under pressure yesterday).

Goff has had the opportunity to throw for 10 TDs or so in these two games - he didn't. Mahomes did. As of right now, Goff hasn't played anywhere close to a top QB IMO. Is it safe to think that he will improve? I think so. But our schedule is going to be very difficult - that's Goff's chance. So far we haven't really needed him to win a game. But we will. I like Goff but we as a fan base have tried to anoint him too quickly, much like the Seahawks fan base did with Wilson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff was pretty sharp yesterday. Difference between that game and game one was profound. Still has stuff to work on, yeah, he's a young QB. Could have had a couple INTs, took an unnecessary sack, etc. But he was the reason the Cards couldn't get off the field for the most part.

He had a strong season statistically last year but wasn't ready to carry the offense in the playoffs. I think this year he will be ready to do that when whoever we face in the playoffs tries to sell out to stop Gurley.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams fans are doing the opposite of the media - and the truth lies in between.

Goff missed COUNTLESS open deep throws against the Raiders.

He missed a WIDE OPEN Robert Woods yesterday - a throw that some of us could have hit because of how open he was.

He allowed a ball to be batted down to a WIDE OPEN Brandin Cooks.

And still when faced with pressure more often than not, the play is dead (although he did make a few nice throws under pressure yesterday).

Goff has had the opportunity to throw for 10 TDs or so in these two games - he didn't. Mahomes did. As of right now, Goff hasn't played anywhere close to a top QB IMO. Is it safe to think that he will improve? I think so. But our schedule is going to be very difficult - that's Goff's chance. So far we haven't really needed him to win a game. But we will. I like Goff but we as a fan base have tried to anoint him too quickly, much like the Seahawks fan base did with Wilson.

You act like elite QBs never miss plays or opportunities to score and they're always perfect. His missed TD was a snafu no doubt, but it was a mental thing, not a talent thing. Batted balls? happens all the time.