Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jt13

UDFA
I'd just ike to add that Arizona planned to stop Gurley and let Goff try to beat them...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff does so many little things so effortlessly, you wouldn’t notice unless you really look.

and because he makes things look so easy they must be easy, right?

that's not what the current media can comprehend. they like qbs that go off script, qbs that don't run the play how it should have been run, hold the ball too long then miraculously escape pressure and hit a target downfield. they're playmakers.

goff makes the right read, the right throw, subtley moves away from pressure. it all looks so easy. he must be a game manager.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh you know, it wasn't exactly said, more inferred. Maybe you should take the time to read the posts in order to gain a sense of context.
Excuse me? The irony of your statement is comical.
You are right, it wasn't said. So maybe YOU should read more carefully, but more importantly, POST more respectfully

RamsFan47

Rookie
Now that's a good one (LOL) Mind if I text my fellow Ram fans in the SFV, Lancaster and Ventura Country and use it.
Absolutely!
On one condition:
If you know any niner fans you have to politely remind them that their team passed on McVay.
The one I like to use goes a little like this; after listening to niner fan drown on about garapolo- say "I'm really happy with what McVay has been able to accomplish" wait for the reply... and say "I still can't believe you guys passed on him, I mean it just make no sense at all.."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely!
On one condition:
If you know any niner fans you have to politely remind them that their team passed on McVay.
The one I like to use goes a little like this; after listening to niner fan drown on about garapolo- say "I'm really happy with what McVay has been able to accomplish" wait for the reply... and say "I still can't believe you guys passed on him, I mean it just make no sense at all.."

many of them were saying the whiners feigned interest in mcvay so the rams would sign him. then they could sign the real gem, kyle shanahan.

haha, idiots.

RamsFan47

Rookie
many of them were saying the whiners feigned interest in mcvay so the rams would sign him. then they could sign the real gem, kyle shanahan.

haha, idiots.

OMG!
I was "conversing" with niner fan over the weekend, was telling me he thinks niners are a 10 win team this year.
Let's see if they can win nine more after they get beat by the chiefs this weekend, who coincidentally I picked in the Survivor pool.:rockon:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me, a truly elite QB is one who can always be counted on when the chips are down. 4th quarter, down 2.5 scores and regularly finds a way to notch a W.
Ok, a definition with lots of holes.

I don't think there's any such QB out there... one that "regularly" brings his team back from 2.5 scores in the 4th quarter.

Lots of holes in this definition like... 2.5 scores... is that field goals or TDs? The entire 4th quarter? I mean, if "scores" means field goals and he gets the entire quarter to score two FGs to win, that's not saying much.

Maybe it's 2.5 TDs with less than 13 minutes left in the game? As I said, no one does that "regularly".

The media tends to glorify/amplify certain extraordinary feats by some QBs that makes it seem like they do these extraordinary things "regularly".

Like Rodgers come back against the Bears.

But, were you to do some research, I think you'd find that he fails to do the Superman act many more times than he succeeds.

So... that still leaves me in search of what "Elite" really means.

fyi... Goff is the 10th rated passer in the league.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rodgers has as many 4th Q comebacks in his career as Ryan Tannehill.
I suspect there are many more as well.

As @LesBaker wrote, the three names mentioned are of historic significance. Part of it is how the game has changed.

The game will continue to change... who knows where it goes.

But these terms ("Elite")... make you think these guys have accomplished otherworldly things.

Great QBs? Yes. Let's just leave it at that and stop with the made-up terms. People would be wise to stop trying to define a term ESPN made up.

Can Goff be great? Well, the table's been set... now we see. But the pieces are in place right now.

Who are you? And where have you been?
Goff fan who grew up in Marin and went to Cal (before his time). I started following the Rams his rookie year and I've been hyping them to whoever will listen since the beginning of last year. They actually remind me a bit of his (and my) favorite basketball team, your Golden State Warriors. Most talented roster in the league, empathetic coach who can work with a range of personalities, impending sense of doom for the other team after halftime. And like Steph Curry, I think Goff is the perfect trigger man for the operation because he's the kind of guy who compliments other great players. (Contrast that with the Russells, Westbrook and Wilson, who can make a bad team watchable but can't play within an offense.) When the Rams play at the top of their game, there's not a team in the league who can play with them.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
upload_2018-9-18_12-23-59.png

Not really a made up term. Elite QBs are exactly that, the best QBs in the NFL.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect there are many more as well.

As @LesBaker wrote, the three names mentioned are of historic significance. Part of it is how the game has changed.

The game will continue to change... who knows where it goes.

But these terms ("Elite")... make you think these guys have accomplished otherworldly things.

Great QBs? Yes. Let's just leave it at that and stop with the made-up terms. People would be wise to stop trying to define a term ESPN made up.

Can Goff be great? Well, the table's been set... now we see. But the pieces are in place right now.
What is funny to me, is that I don't see any posters in this thread referring to Goff as "elite", yet that term is getting thrown around.
The 4th Q comeback requirement is also funny. No QB "routinely" brings his team back from 2.5 scores down, particularly in the 4th Q.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Excuse me? The irony of your statement is comical.
You are right, it wasn't said. So maybe YOU should read more carefully, but more importantly, POST more respectfully
I am pretty proficient at reading between the lines. But I digress, if I seemed disrespectful, it is because I felt you were being difficult. If that wasn't your intent, then please forgive me.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Ok, a definition with lots of holes.

I don't think there's any such QB out there... one that "regularly" brings his team back from 2.5 scores in the 4th quarter.

Lots of holes in this definition like... 2.5 scores... is that field goals or TDs? The entire 4th quarter? I mean, if "scores" means field goals and he gets the entire quarter to score two FGs to win, that's not saying much.

Maybe it's 2.5 TDs with less than 13 minutes left in the game? As I said, no one does that "regularly".

The media tends to glorify/amplify certain extraordinary feats by some QBs that makes it seem like they do these extraordinary things "regularly".

Like Rodgers come back against the Bears.

But, were you to do some research, I think you'd find that he fails to do the Superman act many more times than he succeeds.

So... that still leaves me in search of what "Elite" really means.

fyi... Goff is the 10th rated passer in the league.

What is funny to me, is that I don't see any posters in this thread referring to Goff as "elite", yet that term is getting thrown around.
The 4th Q comeback requirement is also funny. No QB "routinely" brings his team back from 2.5 scores down, particularly in the 4th Q.

Point duly taken peeps. Perhaps the definition I would more accurately use to describe the quality I am trying to convey would be "clutch".

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
At any rate, all I was trying to say was Goff is still a young man in the dawn of his career. Let's be excited, as we should be, at his performance and development thus far. At the same time, let's not jump the gun and place labels that haven't been earned. This board is far better than that. A couple of people have asked "who said Goff is elite?". I would challenge you to read the posts that I quoted in response to those questions. It was those people who I was responding to in the first place.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At any rate, all I was trying to say was Goff is still a young man in the dawn of his career. Let's be excited, as we should be, at his performance and development thus far. At the same time, let's not jump the gun and place labels that haven't been earned. This board is far better than that.
Buuuuut.... I don't think we have (put labels on him).

I can only speak for myself... but I abhor those labels.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Buuuuut.... I don't think we have (put labels on him).

I can only speak for myself... but I abhor those labels.

I posted my response that you quoted before I was done by accident, just edited to provide additional clarity.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
@Rmfnlt @Dieter the Brock
It was these two posts in particular that I was replying to. I apologize for not being more clear in who I was speaking to. I was reinforcing one while tampering what the other was alluding to. My apologies.

I know right? Everyone acts like these other Elite QB's never miss a throw or get a ball batted down. He literally got one ball batted down, and took a bad sack. The INT was on Goff but also a good play by Peterson.

Our offense scored 33 yesterday. Give it a rest peeps.

I don't take Goff's first year with Fisher into account, AT ALL.

I just see that Goff has room to improve. The elite/not elite talk has always just been opinion. Maybe I'm misunderstanding some people in this thread, but when I came into it it seems like some people are saying Goff is a top 5 QB in their opinion - which is insane IMO - hence my posts.

I like the guy and I think he can get to that level. Glad he's our QB. It's okay to "just" be a good player early on in your career.

Last edited: