Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
So I went to the breakroom today....football talk all around the room.

#1 topic was Falcons because this is Atlanta
#2 topic was Mahomes and his 6 TD's
#3 topic was the epic game that was between Pittsburg and Kansas City
#4 topic was Carolina recievers dropping passes because Cam throws it too hard
#5 topic was Rams looked good

No one mentioned Jared Goff at all, not even me. Know why?

Everything else was more interesting.

Thats life.

If Rams #16 goes out and throws 6 TD's next week, we'll probably talk about Rams #16

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
KC is calling nothing but passes and letting PM sling it. Also, his first game 2 of his TD passes were little shovel passes (similar to what Jared and Todd Gurley did against the Raiders).

Kareem Hunt has no rushing TDs, Todd Gurley has 3.

So total TDs by the Ram offense vs. the Chiefs offense is 6 and 10. Not a huge difference. Part of the reason is the Steelers yesterday clawed back and scored 30 points of their, so naturally KC would be more aggressive.

This will all even out come end of the year. PM will come back to earth, and Jared Goff will be fine.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes he makes it look easy. Could be he makes it look too easy.

and there it is. he makes the hard throws look easy. and because they look easy it must be easy, right?

Justin15w

UDFA
Name
justin15w
To me, a truly elite QB is one who can always be counted on when the chips are down. 4th quarter, down 2.5 scores and regularly finds a way to notch a W. Listen, I absolutely LOVE Goff. But let's not kid ourselves into saying that Goff is there because he isn't...yet! Goff is a very good (top 12) QB who still hasn't realized his potential. That's ok, because he isn't even 24 yet. You have to prove yourself in this league. Even a couple 4th quarter comebacks doesn't prove anything. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times Is a trend. Reserve your "ELITE (whatever that term means to you)" moniker for those who have earned it.

So maybe Rodgers? I can't think of another QB where it's like "we have this in the bag".

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
But for real, this kid is amazing to watch. I hope he keeps it up.

Andy Reid is the right coach to develop him. Once midseason comes in though, expect Reid to repeat the same problems he's made throughout his head coaching career. KC will look dangerous if they land a coach who can take that roster to the next level.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Our Primetime game against the Raiders was too late for most and not many hold them in high regard.

BUT...next week we have the hot Phillip Rivers and Vikings, in ONE week, and we're nationally televised.

If we take care of business like we should, they will talk :cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love how Goff is surrounded by weapons. Maybe he’s part of the reasons these guys are so great? Woods was average in Buffalo, had career highs in yards and TD last year. Kupp? Didn’t he lead rookie wr in categories last year? Do we have a TE “weapon”??

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love how Goff is surrounded by weapons. Maybe he’s part of the reasons these guys are so great? Woods was average in Buffalo, had career highs in yards and TD last year. Kupp? Didn’t he lead rookie wr in categories last year? Do we have a TE “weapon”??
Come on man.... there’s no way Goff could be making others look good. It’s all about the other players and the scheme. Get with the narrative will yuh?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And as to the TE question... I personally think we’ll see them start to come on. The one area I think Cooks MIGHT be a hard target is in the red zone when the field is short and size becomes a factor. Kupp will be very important down there as will Gurley and the TEs. I’m thinking McVay has a plan for that.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I know of no QB that has done that.
Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady in the Super Bowl? 2.5 scores in the 4th may be a slight stretch but id venture to say that you get the point im trying to convey.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady in the Super Bowl? 2.5 scores in the 4th may be a slight stretch but id venture to say that you get the point im trying to convey.
Rodgers has as many 4th Q comebacks in his career as Ryan Tannehill.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Andy Reid is the right coach to develop him. Once midseason comes in though, expect Reid to repeat the same problems he's made throughout his head coaching career. KC will look dangerous if they land a coach who can take that roster to the next level.

I was going to post something similar. We've seen this strong start from Reid before.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Rodgers has as many 4th Q comebacks in his career as Ryan Tannehill.
Ok, all things considered, what separates Rodgers from Tannehill? Arm talent and ability to make off schedule plays? Consistency? I think much can be said about Aaron Rodgers being consistent enough that his team isn't down in the 4th nearly as much as Tannehills teams.
Ok, that said, what separates Brady, Rodgers, Brees from everyone else? Either Arm talent or Vision or consistency or off schedule i.e. make something from nothing when a play breaks down. Perhaps consistency with all of the above is the true separator? That can be debated endlessly. What Goff does have in common is arm talent, everything else remains to be proven. Don't get me twisted, I absolutely trust and believe in my heart that Goff is on his way. He is my QB. I just caution against placing an "elite" tag on someone who truly, honestly, hasn't proven it yet. That is all.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Rams fans are doing the opposite of the media - and the truth lies in between.

Goff missed COUNTLESS open deep throws against the Raiders.

He missed a WIDE OPEN Robert Woods yesterday - a throw that some of us could have hit because of how open he was.

He allowed a ball to be batted down to a WIDE OPEN Brandin Cooks.

And still when faced with pressure more often than not, the play is dead (although he did make a few nice throws under pressure yesterday).

Goff has had the opportunity to throw for 10 TDs or so in these two games - he didn't. Mahomes did. As of right now, Goff hasn't played anywhere close to a top QB IMO. Is it safe to think that he will improve? I think so. But our schedule is going to be very difficult - that's Goff's chance. So far we haven't really needed him to win a game. But we will. I like Goff but we as a fan base have tried to anoint him too quickly, much like the Seahawks fan base did with Wilson.

Here you go buddy! You dont have to be a Goff fan I get it, but what would of made ya happy? 400-500 yards,a few more tds? There's always going to be plays left on the field and are we blaming Goff for not having to win the game?

check out this video clip:
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-aftermath/0ap3000000963536/Jeremiah-shows-how-Mahomes-almost-had-eight-TDs

He missed a WIDE OPEN Robert Woods yesterday - a throw that some of us could have hit because of how open he was.

And still when faced with pressure more often than not, the play is dead (although he did make a few nice throws under pressure yesterday).

Goff has had the opportunity to throw for 10 TDs or so in these two games - he didn't. Mahomes did. As of right now, Goff hasn't played anywhere close to a top QB IMO. Is it safe to think that he will improve? I think so. But our schedule is going to be very difficult - that's Goff's chance. So far we haven't really needed him to win a game. But we will. I like Goff but we as a fan base have tried to anoint him too quickly, much like the Seahawks fan base did with Wilson.