Stetson Bennett placed on NFI Reserve List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

muggmeister

Starter
im not sure
its already announced to the world, and the announcement with its cryptic meaning implies something other than an injury.

when nfl players get into trouble with the law its front page news, as this is.

as far as why i expect transparency-

i pay close to $7000 a game to take me and my kids when i can go watch the rams.

we used what is akin to a 2nd rd pick for us to get him.

so yes, we as fans do deserve to know whats up.

Nothing is more egregious than a murder, so what could possibly be so concerning that mcvay can tell us?

and ill leave it at that
So you're one of the so-called entitled elitists ($7K a game) we've been hearing so much about. I don't give a fuck if you're a sky box season ticket holder, it's none of your fucking business if the NFL, Rams, McVay, and especially Bennett says so! You have no rights to know what goes on personally with players unless THEY make it your business or at least make it publicly known. The players have the same rights to privacy as I'm sure YOU expect with yours.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
When Bennett was first drafted, I noticed his interview on GMA, below.

It's easy to dismiss it as "excessive celebration", but it is yet another example of Bennett having an issue with public intoxication. During the interview, Bennett was clearly plastered out of his mind.

I don't have any more info than anyone else, so of course I don't know for sure what Bennett's issue may be. But there certainly have been multiple instances of concerns about alcohol intoxication in public. Whatever his issue may be, I hope Bennett finds strength and support.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXeRdw_Rd5U

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I was on record about not liking Stetson Bennett, the person, when the Rams drafted him.
I still have some concerns about him as a player.. but that's a different concern.

He seemed like an asshole to me.

And I hope that if he's dealing with serious issues, mental health issues and possibly addiction, that he gets all the help he needs and takes it seriously and come out well.
Not all of us are put together well emotionally and sometimes it takes a deconstruction to set us right.

Best of luck to Stetson.

Oh... the Rams and Bennett have ZERO obligation to share the information. Zero.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow.
That’s all I have to say about that.

And I’m not referring to Bennett

WestCoastRam

Legend
Oh... the Rams and Bennett have ZERO obligation to share the information. Zero.
Absolutely... but I can tell you I want to sit down and grill Snead and staff about their reason's for selecting him when there was enough info out there to be concerned about his drinking.

We can pussy foot around it but I think everyone can make an educated guess that this is exactly what it is. Not mad at the kid, frustrated with Snead/McVay.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Absolutely... but I can tell you I want to sit down and grill Snead and staff about their reason's for selecting him when there was enough info out there to be concerned about his drinking.

We can pussy foot around it but I think everyone can make an educated guess that this is exactly what it is. Not mad at the kid, frustrated with Snead/McVay.
Honestly, I'm strangely not focused on those issues, because I think people can heal and grow emotionally and mentally.

But I would grill the hell out of them as to why they drafted an old shrimp, lol.

Taking a guy under 6 feet tall is just silly, imo. Those guys just aren't able to use the middle of the field.. the vast majority of them, anyway.

So, I am kind of irritated about the pick... but if the rest of the class shapes up like it's looking? Water under the bridge.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The "i" in NFI stands for injury/illness. So it could be mental illness. Not trolling or joking about something this serious but I think it might be HIV+.
Seriously... What THE fuck! You don't post anything since 2014 and you come back in here with THIS? How about you take another 9 years before you post again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Oh I didn't know this issue was about drinking. What insider info do you have?

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
A substance problem but it's his to deal with. I think the Rams move on.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
i pay close to $7000 a game to take me and my kids when i can go watch the rams.
Broadway Dance Dancing GIF by TLC

@Buffnblue getting his kids pumped up to go to the game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So you're one of the so-called entitled elitists ($7K a game) we've been hearing so much about. I don't give a fuck if you're a sky box season ticket holder, it's none of your fucking business if the NFL, Rams, McVay, and especially Bennett says so! You have no rights to know what goes on personally with players unless THEY make it your business or at least make it publicly known. The players have the same rights to privacy as I'm sure YOU expect with yours.
I get it but maybe take it down a notch - eh?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
im not sure
its already announced to the world, and the announcement with its cryptic meaning implies something other than an injury.

when nfl players get into trouble with the law its front page news, as this is.

as far as why i expect transparency-

we used what is akin to a 2nd rd pick for us to get him.

so yes, we as fans do deserve to know whats up.

Nothing is more egregious than a murder, so what could possibly be so concerning that mcvay can tell us?

and ill leave it at that
By this logic, I should have access to the personal info of the CEO of Volkswagen. After all, I've spent thousands over the years on VWs. I've had a bug, a Jetta, 4 Passats.... I deserve answers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wish the Rams had a decent back-up QB on the roster.
Well Aiden O’Connel was on the board and supposedly the Rams liked him. The choice was a head scratcher for several of us. And no, we don’t have lice.
Just Curious. How do you see the Bennett pick (which, personally, I hated) as 'akin to a 2nd rd pick"?
Yes it’s a fourth round pick, however after a few years of having nothing at backup QB, and supposedly McVay finally realizing his mistake in ignoring the importance of a backup QB (beyond playing the opposing QB simulations) and all backup players, the pick was kind of important to get right. Whatever the problem, they missed it, or overlooked it apparently. Now they are back in the same spot as last year essentially.
Honestly, I'm strangely not focused on those issues, because I think people can heal and grow emotionally and mentally.

But I would grill the hell out of them as to why they drafted an old shrimp, lol.

Taking a guy under 6 feet tall is just silly, imo. Those guys just aren't able to use the middle of the field.. the vast majority of them, anyway.

So, I am kind of irritated about the pick... but if the rest of the class shapes up like it's looking? Water under the bridge.
Yeah some of us didn’t like the choice. Height, age, and rumor of his character made it a bit confusing. I also think that the idea that he led Georgia to back to back NCs is overblown. That was a stacked team. It’s not like he’s Joe Burrow.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm starting to wonder if it might be more than a problem like alcohol and more akin to a serious illness. He was having a great camp and great preseason by all reports and then the shoulder injury popped up and then this, and it was serious enough to remove him from the roster. I would think if he just needed some alcohol rehab he would still be on the roster despite being on the NFI. But that makes it sound like they don't plan on him being back.

That said, it's pure conjecture on my part, and thus this post is worth the same amount you guys paid me to write it. Whatever it is, I hope he gets past it.

TexasRam

Legend
Well hopefully everything works out for the dude.

Football is secondary to life and making sure you are good.

As far as drinking, yea he was a college guy. He didn’t kill someone. Does anyone remember how drunk our guys were after the Super Bowl? Slurring speech, watching photographers fall off stage and walking off.

Human beings make mistakes and sometimes need help.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Echoing what @RamFan503 said

A few of you in here need to take it down a notch with the aggressive style and vitriol.

This forum isn’t Twitter or the YouTube comments section.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Well to steal a great quote, "whatever does not kill you can make you stronger". I had a similar problem at the age of 25 I was arrested three times in a week for assault and battery, the last one was on the police. I was forced into alcohol and drug treatment after spending 30 days in jail. I realized I wanted some more out of my life and decided to make a commitment to change my life. I went on to complete college with a master's degree in criminal justice and retired 6 years ago after a 30-year career as a state parole officer. Also I had powerlifted since age 20 after getting cleaned up I hit one of my goals of a 500 lb bench during competition and at age 48 actually benched 525 at the Master's Nationals. People who go through something like Bennett can accomplish great things when they become "sick and tired of being sick and tired". I'm not ready to give up on the kid because if he has the will and strength to overcome this he can accomplish great things.