Stetson Bennett placed on NFI Reserve List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
He probably found out the Rams will be drafting Stafford's successor next year.
Here is the intriguing part. NFI players are paid at the discretion of the team. He remains under contract but not being paid would mean those games don't count towards his accruing seasons. McVay's phrase keeping it in-house almost sounds like a disciplinary issue and the team isn't thrilled about it.

Bennett was viewed as being potentially not draftable by some teams because of his reputation for public intoxication issues in college. It wouldn't surprise me if it has surfaced again. It's why I wasn't thrilled about the pick but was willing to give the kid a break. NFI designation would fit if it's a drinking issue. If it is I would expect his release sooner rather than later. If he gets a DUI or is in an accident it will be a PR nightmare for the Rams. He was arrested while banging on doors while drunk. Here's a video of his arrest and he was dumb enough to smart mouth the cops as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bennett was viewed as being potentially not draftable by some teams because of his reputation for public intoxication issues in college.
Which is a possibility on why the team wants to keep it quiet.

“Hey y’all, watch this!” Is a great way to get hurt.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Hope he's ok. With or without Bennet...we need a back up QB.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
“There are certain things that I think are a little bit bigger and more important, and out of respect for the particulars and the specifics, (I) want to be able to keep it in-house,” McVay said.

McVay's choice of words makes me think it could be related to mental health or substance abuse. "Certain things are a little bit bigger and more important" just doesn't sound like the way someone would refer to a physical injury. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
McVay's choice of words makes me think it "could" be related to mental health or substance abuse. "Certain things are a little bit bigger and more important" just doesn't sound like the way someone would refer to a physical injury. Just my 2 cents.
If you want to make a wager that you're right, I'd def go in on more than 2 cents.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
A post from a Georgia board..

"It was mentioned somewhere by a poster, I don’t remember which site, that Stet missed the Monday practice after he was in the stands for the Dawgs game and McVay said it was a non-throwing day for him.

Whomever the poster was made the point that made no sense the Monday of game week for the backup qb and that they were covering for him."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1694654872819.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope it all works out for the kid. I wanted O’Connel. Bennett was the only pick I didn’t like. I hope he proves me wrong but so far things aren’t leading in that direction.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope it all works out for the kid. I wanted O’Connel. Bennett was the only pick I didn’t like. I hope he proves me wrong but so far things aren’t leading in that direction.
I was the same way, hopefully he can get the help he needs.