Stetson Bennett placed on NFI Reserve List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
The audacity of some posters on this subject on pure speculation and fodder really makes my head hurt. But that's all I'm gonna give you. You don't deserve the negative attention I would normally give you. I refuse to feed the troll. If you take offense to this you're just exposing yourself.

To the others... responding to people who clearly want to "gossip", you're doing our community a disservice. Ever seen Jurassic Park? "If you don't move he can't see you, his vision is based on movement." See the correlation? Ignore them. I understand you're offended by their opinions but ironically not realizing your opinion means nothing as well. So why argue about it? Stop the virtue signaling, it must be exhausting always being offended.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The audacity of some posters on this subject on pure speculation and fodder really makes my head hurt. But that's all I'm gonna give you. You don't deserve the negative attention I would normally give you. I refuse to feed the troll. If you take offense to this you're just exposing yourself.

To the others... responding to people who clearly want to "gossip", you're doing our community a disservice. Ever seen Jurassic Park? "If you don't move he can't see you, his vision is based on movement." See the correlation? Ignore them. I understand you're offended by their opinions but ironically not realizing your opinion means nothing as well. So why argue about it? Stop the virtue signaling, it must be exhausting always being offended.
Technically, the bolded part isn't true; in Crichton's second book about Jurassic Park, a couple of guys think the T-rex relies on movement to see them. They get killed by said Tyrannosaurus because they're basically sitting ducks.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Technically, the bolded part isn't true; in Crichton's second book about Jurassic Park, a couple of guys think the T-rex relies on movement to see them. They get killed by said Tyrannosaurus because they're basically sitting ducks.
Lol, yes nice catch. But OG Jurassic Park is the only one that really counts

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Lol, yes nice catch. But OG Jurassic Park is the only one that really counts

Crichton was always one of my favorite writers. Micro (his last book; his idea, he wrote the vast majority of it, but he died before he could edit it.) is one of the best - and one of the more heartbreaking - sci-fi books I've read. May he rest in peace and power.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Feels to me like the Rams are waiting on him. He wasn't my choice in the draft but I think he can do the job at backup.

Also it wouldn't be the worst thing if the issue is dependency. This is something that can be overcome and then he returns to the job he won in camp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is that saying? I forget. But it has something to do with when something is occuring and something results, it is usually the reason.

I am sorry - he had a really bad drinking problem in college, he didn't graduate, other stuff - and that usually means what we think it means.

That doesn't mean that I don't hope he gets the help he needs.
Excellent speculation. We don't know a damned thing but yes go ahead and keep shitting on the guy

Tano

Legend
Doesn't mean it's the case here and he deserves a little privacy and respect while he's going through whatever this is. Teams giving him it we should too
The only thing I was implying in my post is that with his past history, I would not have drafted him until the 6th or 7th round.

I was extremely disappointed when the pick was made.

I tried to back the pick. I hope I am completely wrong about his personal problem or whatever the case may be and hope he can work it out.

I apologize if I wasn't clear in my statements.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
My personal take... I wish there were less stigma surrounding both mental health issues and substance abuse issues.

If a guy has an arthritic knee... I would hope he could get the support and find relief from distress.

If a guy has issues with mental illness... I would hope he could get support and find relief from distress.

If a guy has issues with substance abuse... I would hope he could get support and find relief from distress.

In all 3 instances, there can be (a) respect for the severity of the problem and (b) respect for the competence and compassion of caregivers and (c) respect for the patient's courage and determination.

All I can do is express my own stance, I can't speak for others. All I know is, substance abuse can be a major monster, and confronting it can be extremely difficult.

Whatever it is that Stetson is dealing with, I wish him well.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Still weird. I hope Wentz's league wide interest to be a starter is limited in offseason and we're able to bring him back. Sounds selfish but I don't expect Stetson back and barring some dude they love falling in their lap I don't see them drafting a QB this offseason before round 5 so Wentz is a need.

View: https://x.com/LATimesklein/status/1747673192834228719?s=20

There are worse scenarios than ending up with Wentz, for sure.

I hope your Avatar is relevant for the Rams next season!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My number 1 priority for Rams before free agency starts.
I keep going back and forth... I just don't know how aggressive they're willing to be with the cap. If they're willing to be *very* aggressive.. it's easy to keep him.
If not? Could we see another second rounder?

I hope he's back... love that guy.. and so does Havenstein.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bring Back Wentz & draft another QB later to develop with Bennett just too many demons, hopefully, he is in a better place.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Hopefully Stetson is ok, but sounds like we may be looking at another QB being signed or drafted unless Wentz is somehow resigned. Either way, its not even officially the off-season fir the whole NFL yet so time will tell.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're gonna solve this shit for sure this time around.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I figure that the only way Wentz returns is on a 1 year deal with incentives, and even that seems unlikely IMO
Incentives are only a draw if you've got a chance to play. Look at guys like Mitch Trubisky, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota etc. All making 5 mill +
No way Rams are spending that type of cheddar on a QB2

Psycho_X

Legend
I figure that the only way Wentz returns is on a 1 year deal with incentives, and even that seems unlikely IMO
Incentives are only a draw if you've got a chance to play. Look at guys like Mitch Trubisky, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota etc. All making 5 mill +
No way Rams are spending that type of cheddar on a QB2
Normally in the past I would agree with that being their strategy but curious if this year changed them at all. Just them picking up Wentz was a bit of a departure from past thinking. I have no qualms with them drafting a QB somewhat early as QB2 to sit and learn and be the emergency QB but with them having one, maybe two, more years of Stafford's window I see them doing abnormal things this offseason. Almost missing the playoffs this year not having a backup may have let them value that for the next year or two. They might want to make sure they can weather the storm of Stafford being out 1-5 games if necessary and still give them a super bowl shot.

Idk, not disagreeing with your logic just think they may take a different approach this upcoming year now.