Stetson Bennett placed on NFI Reserve List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The fact he’s in rehab (if that’s true) when he was known to be a problem drinker in college…and the limitations physically (not to mention age)…makes the draft selection even worse. It’s so close to his college time that this really is a continuation not something new. Assuming it’s rehab of course. If so, I’m sorry but it’s a really bad scouting and personal evaluation by the team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was gonna be a virtual red shirt year anyway so if the kid can work out his troubles, then good on him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rehab is no joke. Steel tubs with claw marks and old fingernails unless you can afford the luxury treatment.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If he is in rehab and he chose to go it will be the best decision he has ever made.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The fact he’s in rehab (if that’s true) when he was known to be a problem drinker in college…and the limitations physically (not to mention age)…makes the draft selection even worse. It’s so close to his college time that this really is a continuation not something new. Assuming it’s rehab of course. If so, I’m sorry but it’s a really bad scouting and personal evaluation by the team.
If this but maybe that but if then if so but then again.

oldnotdead

Legend
Dumb kid just trashed his NFL career. Rehab is a process not a treatment. it takes years not weeks. Weeks dries you out but getting clean and sober takes years. High stress occupations make recovery even harder if not impossible. The guy was raw, and this year is a bust for him and the Rams. Wouldn't surprise me if he's released when he comes off the list. No team is every going to really trust him. IMO his career in the NFL is over before it began. What an idiot, but I grew up with a neighborhood of people like that. The fact he obviously tried to hide it to get into the NFL is very bad optics. No team will sign him for more than a camp arm at best.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dumb kid just trashed his NFL career. Rehab is a process not a treatment. it takes years not weeks. Weeks dries you out but getting clean and sober takes years. High stress occupations make recovery even harder if not impossible. The guy was raw, and this year is a bust for him and the Rams. Wouldn't surprise me if he's released when he comes off the list. No team is every going to really trust him. IMO his career in the NFL is over before it began. What an idiot, but I grew up with a neighborhood of people like that. The fact he obviously tried to hide it to get into the NFL is very bad optics. No team will sign him for more than a camp arm at best.
Where is the report of him hiding it & where he is ?

I do wonder if what Staffords wife was talking (saying )about younger Rams had anything to do with it ? Who knows about Funk,Harris,Cam,T.Lewis,T.Burgees ? When your talking about younger players who have the opportunity & not it stay Focused on The Team Goal.
Is that how Stafford can’t relate with younger players & why not getting to know there names means something.An NFL player’s definition is Not For Long.

Tano

Legend
I guess Memento was right about this kid. He has a problem and we should never have taken him in the 4th round.

Too bad - I was starting to like the way he threw the ball in the first preseason game

His second and especially his third game - I think his shoulder hurting really affected his throws.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Where is the report of him hiding it & where he is ?

I do wonder if what Staffords wife was talking (saying )about younger Rams had anything to do with it ? Who knows about Funk,Harris,Cam,T.Lewis,T.Burgees ? When your talking about younger players who have the opportunity & not it stay Focused on The Team Goal.
Is that how Stafford can’t relate with younger players & why not getting to know there names means something.An NFL player’s definition is Not For Long.
Trying to connect Kelly’s casual remark in a podcast, Stetson Bennett, and a handful of players who failed for varying reasons (including injuries)? Bit of a…
stretch armstrong 90s GIF

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
We're REALLY going to close the chapter on his career already?

Y'all are wild.

Let this dude heal, get his stuff together and regroup. If he made the decision on his own, and wanted to enter rehab (assuming it is), then GOOD FOR HIM. HE KNOWS he has an issue and wants to overcome it becoming a better person and player for it.

Don't try closing the chapter before the chapter closes itself.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess Memento was right about this kid. He has a problem and we should never have taken him in the 4th round.

Too bad - I was starting to like the way he threw the ball in the first preseason game

His second and especially his third game - I think his shoulder hurting really affected his throws.
Again we are rooting for Bennett, but as to his problem, I posted about it after the draft and many responded by communicating: "I have been drunk in public many times." Anyway I am hoping for the best and football comes secondary at this point.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

Y'all are wild.

Let this dude heal, get his stuff together and regroup. If he made the decision on his own, and wanted to enter rehab (assuming it is), then GOOD FOR HIM. HE KNOWS he has an issue and wants to overcome it becoming a better person and player for it.

There is no reason why a player who was otherwise capable of being a valuable part of the team can come back from a personal issue and contribute.

I have questions about the “otherwise capable” part.

I have no problem with him returning and competing for a spot. I expect, though, that the Rams will look at other options next offseason.

Tano

Legend

Y'all are wild.

I am not closing the chapter on him but I would have taken someone different since he is done for this year at the minimum.

We need a good backup.

With his noted problems before the draft, I would have taken him in the seventh at the earliest. Of course this is looking backwards, but others especially memento stated he is a big chance in the 4th with his noted problems.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see we're still just throwing assumptions at the wall incase some random shit sticks. Pretty sad

Tano

Legend
I see we're still just throwing assumptions at the wall incase some random shit sticks. Pretty s

What is that saying? I forget. But it has something to do with when something is occuring and something results, it is usually the reason.

I am sorry - he had a really bad drinking problem in college, he didn't graduate, other stuff - and that usually means what we think it means.

That doesn't mean that I don't hope he gets the help he needs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Speaking as someone who wasn't a fan of the pick, all of the speculation of wherever he may be makes me kind of...well, uncomfortable, because we just don't know. Let's not jump to conclusions. I hope whatever is wrong gets resolved in a positive way. I hope that it's not self-destruction.

But the point I'm trying to make is that speculating that he's in rehab or psych or anything just doesn't...well, it doesn't seem fair to Stetson or the Rams. The only thing I'm going to do is hope things get resolved positively.