Stafford concerns have come full circle after the Vikings game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
THAT GAME WINNING DRIVE IS WHY THE TRADE IS WORTH IT!

Goff has turned it over too many times in game winning situations.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Welp indeed.

Relaxed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles GIF

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

It's definitely an upgrade in that aspect.
But... no, it doesn't make it worth it. That was abysmal. That game should've been a cakewalk.

Tano

Legend

Goff very rarely threw an interception or fumbled the ball in the 4th qtr. before 4th down. I don't really consider an interception on 4th down to be a turnover. That is trying to make a play when no one is open and if you don't complete the pass the other team gets it anyway.

So if you are talking about his turnovers in the 1st half when they had a lead or had a chance to take the lead then yes you are right

Now - did he make comebacks the last two years - no something always got messed up

He either had a lead and the defense blew it or the receivers dropped key passes in the 4th quarter (and we got rid of two of the biggest culprits - Reynolds and Everett).

He definitely could have played better in those games especially in the first half so I am glad we got Stafford but turning it over on game winning drives was something Goff didn't do.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff very rarely threw an interception or fumbled the ball in the 4th qtr. before 4th down. I don't really consider an interception on 4th down to be a turnover. That is trying to make a play when no one is open and if you don't complete the pass the other team gets it anyway.

So if you are talking about his turnovers in the 1st half when they had a lead or had a chance to take the lead then yes you are right

Now - did he make comebacks the last two years - no something always got messed up

He either had a lead and the defense blew it or the receivers dropped key passes in the 4th quarter (and we got rid of two of the biggest culprits - Reynolds and Everett).

He definitely could have played better in those games especially in the first half so I am glad we got Stafford but turning it over on game winning drives was something Goff didn't do.
No... he just couldn't make plays the way Stafford does. Sure.. sometimes players around Goff didn't make plays.. like Everett dropping the ball at Miami.
But Stafford's 4th down throw to Beckham? Honestly, I don't think we ever see that out of Goff.

And I remember Goff missing some easy throws in crunch time last year against the Jets, for example.

Tano

Legend
No... he just couldn't make plays the way Stafford does. Sure.. sometimes players around Goff didn't make plays.. like Everett dropping the ball at Miami.
But Stafford's 4th down throw to Beckham? Honestly, I don't think we ever see that out of Goff.

And I remember Goff missing some easy throws in crunch time last year against the Jets, for example.
He threw to the wrong guy - is that missing easy throws - maybe. But Everett still should have fought for that ball.

But the whole point of my post is that Goff did not do turnovers during crunch time. There is a difference between throwing interceptions and not making plays. Stafford does so I am glad we got him.

Tano

Legend
Oh and I can give examples of just short of 10 games where Goff either had the lead late in the 4th qtr and the defense blew it or Goff trying to make a comeback and the receiver dropping an easy pass (or the receiver and Goff just missing on their route communication),

Tano

Legend
And just an FYI - Goff has already done 3 or 4 4th qtr comebacks this year where the defense blew it after Goff got them a lead or they won the game. That's not horrible play by a QB.

But again as I have stated in this thread - it was time for Goff and McVay to part ways. I just don't want clearly false statements to come up on Goff and that was a false statement.

If he had stated I am tired of Goff not making a critical throw during crunch time I would have given him a like

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He threw to the wrong guy - is that missing easy throws - maybe. But Everett still should have fought for that ball.

But the whole point of my post is that Goff did not do turnovers during crunch time. There is a difference between throwing interceptions and not making plays. Stafford does so I am glad we got him.
He completely overthrew a wide open Henderson on a wheel route up the sideline.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Holy shit. This thread is exactly why we can not have nice things....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
btw.. I see people saying Stafford is a "gunslinger" and that his turnovers are something we have to live with.

I will continue to say.. no.

His ints aren't coming in high-risk, high-reward situations where you want a fearless gunslinger.. they come on really bad decisions and throws... that's why they're so maddening for me.

But he has been able to erase his memory and come back strong the last two weeks. That mental toughness I applaud.

Tano

Legend
Wasn't Jets - just checked. Akers was completely covered on 3rd and 4.

And the Rams should have kicked a 55 yard FG on 4th and 4

And wasn't in the 49ers second game last year either

I don't remember Henderson being wide open late in a game where Goff overthrew him.

You will have to do some research for that statement.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I DVR'd the game and only saw the last drive. Good job by Stafford getting us in the end zone,

But without a pick six and another INT, wouldn't we have been putting nails in the coffin on that last drive?